Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Has anyone with a January/February 2020 trip booked CL FP yet? As I am tweaking my CL FP plan for my April trip, I’m curious if FP will be offered for the new Beauty and the Beast Singalong at Epcot (currently seeing it is due to open in January). TIA!!! :thanks:

Has anyone with a January/February 2020 trip booked CL FP yet? As I am tweaking my CL FP plan for my April trip, I’m curious if FP will be offered for the new Beauty and the Beast Singalong at Epcot (currently seeing it is due to open in January). TIA!!! :thanks:

I did for 1/30-2/3 trip last Tuesday. They were all available and great! Got everything we wanted but it’s my DS23 and o so I don’t know a little singalong!

When are you going in April? We will be at Wilderness Lodge CL from the 13-16.

I did for 1/30-2/3 trip last Tuesday. They were all available and great! Got everything we wanted but it’s my DS23 and o so I don’t know a little singalong!
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you had a good booking experience and got everything you wanted! Have a magical trip! :)

When are you going in April? We will be at Wilderness Lodge CL from the 13-16.
Our trips don’t overlap 👎. I read wonderful things about WL CL! I hope you have an amazing time! Are you booking CL FP for that trip?

This sing a long will be in the theatre that shows the movie about France and both will alternate space/ times. The location is not at all like the Frozen sing a long in HS. Although they are creating a new Ratatouille attraction and Creperie restaurant. Guess we will just have to anticipate the future of Epcot.

Our trips don’t overlap 👎. I read wonderful things about WL CL! I hope you have an amazing time! Are you booking CL FP for that trip?

That was part of the appeal of CL for us especially since it's Spring Break. I've been looking into strategies for a few months already.

We booked ours just this morning for a quick trip 1/31-2/3 (YC) - this system is a total GAME CHANGER! Worth every penny. Got everything we wanted and actually don't know what else to do with some of our other FPs now! I actually didn't realize they can book those as well for you ahead of your 60. I didn't ask about the singalong, though, as it's DH and I. (I hope he responds well to finding out he'll be riding FEA twice. ;) ) Enjoy your trip!

That was part of the appeal of CL for us especially since it's Spring Break. I've been looking into strategies for a few months already.

How fun that you've been working on your strategies and plans, too! I know a lot of people don't care for all of the planning WDW requires, but I LOVE planning! Have a magical trip! :smickey:

We booked ours just this morning for a quick trip 1/31-2/3 (YC) - this system is a total GAME CHANGER! Worth every penny. Got everything we wanted and actually don't know what else to do with some of our other FPs now! I actually didn't realize they can book those as well for you ahead of your 60. I didn't ask about the singalong, though, as it's DH and I. (I hope he responds well to finding out he'll be riding FEA twice. ;) ) Enjoy your trip!

@2vets , TY for your reply! Congrats on a great CL FP booking experience today. I'm so glad to hear it went well and you feel it was worthwhile! Thank you for your note about the singalong. I am debating about possibly doing HS instead of EP (am I crazy? :lmao:). I am laughing at your comment about your DH and FEA. It's a cute one to do twice!
Did you book HS FP? I'm curious if they are anticipating having SWGE attraction FPs by then, or if they are anticipating Minnie and Mickey's Runaway Railroad to be open by then and with FP, as well (currently just says opening Spring 2020). TY in advance, and of course, have a magical trip!:tink:

Congrats on a great CL FP booking experience today. I'm so glad to hear it went well and you feel it was worthwhile! Thank you for your note about the singalong. I am debating about possibly doing HS instead of EP (am I crazy? :lmao:). I am laughing at your comment about your DH and FEA. It's a cute one to do twice!
Did you book HS FP? I'm curious if they are anticipating having SWGE attraction FPs by then, or if they are anticipating Minnie and Mickey's Runaway Railroad to be open by then and with FP, as well (currently just says opening Spring 2020). TY in advance, and of course, have a magical trip!
I used them at DHS/Ep (we'll have an Ep afternoon, but I'm using regular FPs for that), AK/Ep, and MK on our departure day. I'm trying to keep things relatively low-key for DH, and Test track is out of commission during our visit, so the two afternoons were easy. For DHS, you can't use them for anything Star Wars yet, they told me, so we'll rope drop and spend the first 2-3 hours there and then go on to the CL FPs. I used them for SDD (10-11) and TSMM (11-12), then one in the afternoon for Frozen, which I need to swap with one of the morning ones for ToT, maybe...

I did Millennium Falcon when I was there for a day for one of the MNSSHPs and basically sat there wondering when it would be over, so I could bail on that personally - Rise of the Resistance will be new, and they already announced it won't have FP at first, so I cannot imagine they'd change that before our trip. And if they do, well, I'll adjust if I can and rope drop if I can't ;). Didn't ask about the Railroad, as I doubt it will be open yet (Spring 2020), and they were feeding me ideas!

Hope you have a great experience and a wonderful trip!

Wishful thinking - but no one has mentioned/heard this program continuing all of 2020, right???

Still pretty mixed up here. What is better - Plan CLFP first and then book regular FP for the day, that way we can play around with the regular FP? or, book regular FP first and CLFP last? Please, can someone explain the issue for me?
We are planning to use all FP in one park, and not split them up for different parks on the same day.
HELP...

Still pretty mixed up here. What is better - Plan CLFP first and then book regular FP for the day, that way we can play around with the regular FP? or, book regular FP first and CLFP last? Please, can someone explain the issue for me?
We are planning to use all FP in one park, and not split them up for different parks on the same day.
HELP...

People on both sides have valid takes on the topic. Personally, I prefer the CLFP first, regular ones second. I know we’re likely to stick to a plan with the first three, but after that all bets are off. So, since the CLFPs are harder to change, I’m good with leaving those alone. With the regular FPs second, I can change/modify those myself if needed. Just a better fit for how we tend to tour (half planned and half making it up!).

Hello everyone!

My family stayed on the 4th floor Club level at GF in late October. We absolutely loved everything! I wish I knew which club level resort to try next so let me have your favorites. But if anyone is wondering about GFCL, it is amazing!

HELP...

This will be our first trip using the CLFP, so this is only based on our rationale for how we booked them - we will see how it works in practice!

After reading solid arguments for both ways to book FP (CLFP beginning of day vs end of day) and figuring out which parks we were going to use them in, we ended up mostly booking regular FP in the morning and CLFP in the later afternoon/evenings. Since we usually rope drop, take a break at the resort after lunch, and then go back to a park in the evening, it made sense for us to do the regular FP first in mid-late morning, so we would have more time left in the day to get a 4th/5th/etc regular FP. But I also see the benefits of what GADisneyDad14 mentioned, which is to book the CLFP a time when you are most likely to stick to your plan, since they are not as easily modified as the regular FP.

I think part of it will also depend on if you're park-hopping and if you need a work-around for the FP tiers. For example, one of our days with CLFP we're rope-dropping MK until early afternoon, then going to HS in the evening to do SDD, ToT and GE after sunset. Since HS is tiered, CLFP at HS in the evening was the only way we could get SDD, TSMM and ToT. After we use up our 3 regular FP at MK in the morning, we can still look for additional regular FP until we decide to head back to the resort. But we also have another day or two where due to our specific park/ride plans (like wanting to ride a certain ride after sunset) and tiering, we ended up using 1-2 CLFP in the morning, the 3 regular FP in the middle, and the 3rd CLFP towards the end of the day.

But if you're going to be spending all or most of the day in one park, I can definitely see it being better to use the CLFP first, then if things go sideways later in the day or you decide to park hop or whatever, you can reschedule the regular ones however you want.

If it helps, I didn't really think about CLFP when I first planned out our park days, I just knew we were going to try the minimum 3 days of CLFP. I looked at park hours, EMH, how to fit in at least one evening and one morning at each park, etc, then used the easy w d w cheatsheets to figure out rough ride plans for each day/park. At that point it was easier to see how the CLFP was best going to fit in our plans.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in with my pre-trip experience with the DSS CMs and first time booking CLFP for our upcoming January trip. I did read up on the various CLFP topics here (thanks so much to everyone who has posted!) and felt pretty prepared. The CM I spoke with when I booked in October was very knowledgeable and super friendly, and I felt she would have been able to give solid advice if I was completely in the dark about CLFP.

We booked the trip 91 days from our checkout date, but it took me the rest of that evening and most of day 90 to speed-plan FP and dining. I called DSS just after 9 am Eastern on a Monday, 89 days from our check-out date. I got through to a CM immediately, and the process took maybe 20-30 minutes (I was only booking 3 days of passes). The CM booked all 6 FP for us on our CLFP days, and she was able to get everything at the exact times I wanted. We had to cancel our Halloween trip just a few days before, but the FP I had booked with those now-canceled tickets were still showing up in MDE and creating error messages when the CM tried to book the January FP (even though we had completely different tickets for the new package). But, she was able to get the obsolete FP removed and everything showed up correctly in MDE very quickly.

We booked a couple of regular FP at Splash on our CLFP days, and of course a few days later the Splash refurb for Jan 2020 was announced and fell on most of our trip, which then bumped our second Splash FP. Since it was a regular FP I could have waited until my 60 day window to modify it myself, but I decided to just get it out of the way early. I called DSS back and got to a CM after only waiting on hold for a min or two, and was able to get the new FP for something else very easily.

Last week, we decided to flip one of our MK and EP afternoons, which involved changing around part of one of our CLFP days (we have 2 CLFP booked at HS that morning). I cancel our regular MK FP and started rebooking at EP, and there was decent availability at all the EP attractions including Tier 1 (this was over a week after my 60 day FP window). I was able to get 2 of my 3 regular FP for times sort of close to what I wanted, but for some reason there was this weird donut hole with NO FP availability at EP of any kind, any attraction, any tier, from like 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm. I tried clearing my browser history, used Safari and Chrome, used my phone's browser, used the MDE app on my phone, but still could not get a FP for anything at EP to show up. At that point I decided to deal with the last regular FP later and called DSS to deal with switching the third CLFP. This was my only real wait dealing with DSS so far, on hold maybe 10 minutes right around lunchtime on a weekday. The CM was able to switch my 3rd CLFP from MK to TT at EP, and was once again able to get it at the exact time that I wanted, even though that time wasn't showing up for me in MDE.

I mentioned the weird afternoon gap and asked the CM if she could check to see if she was also seeing a lack of availability. She said she was able to see plenty of availability, asked me what I was looking for and when, and was then able to get all 3 of my regular FP at EP moved to the exact times and rides that I wanted (again, those times did not appear for me in MDE). So I don't know if there was an issue with my computer or MDE, if I just happened to luck out on FP times opening while I was on the phone with the CM, or if the DSS CMs are allowed to sort of force the system to book FP for CLFP guests at times when there might not otherwise be FP availability. Either way, the DSS CMs were able to solve every random FP problem I've had in the last month or so, and every interaction I've had with a DSS CM regarding CLFP so far has been excellent.

It was also really nice to have fewer days to worry about booking when the 60 day FP window opened. In hindsight, I might have been a good idea to do all our CLFP days at the very beginning of our trip to make it easier to book headliners for those days. I tried to space them out a little over the week and put some low-key, sleep-in/resort-heavy days in between them, just so we don't burn out halfway through the trip, but they would also be really helpful earlier in a trip. I don't know how often we would splurge on it in the future, but for this particular trip, I'm already really glad we decided to buy those 3 days of CLFP!

I just want to clarify two items, make sure I’m understanding correctly.

If I use my regular 3 FP first, I can get a 4th FP before I use my CLFP? Or I need to use all 6 of my FP before I can get a 7th....

Can you have more then 1 tier 1 ride in anyway? Example 1 CLFP for frozen and one regular FP for Sorian, on the same day?

Thanks!

I just want to clarify two items, make sure I’m understanding correctly.

If I use my regular 3 FP first, I can get a 4th FP before I use my CLFP? Or I need to use all 6 of my FP before I can get a 7th....

Can you have more then 1 tier 1 ride in anyway? Example 1 CLFP for frozen and one regular FP for Sorian, on the same day?

Thanks!
You can book your 4th FP after using the first 3 regular ones as long as they don't overlap with any of the CL FPs. When you pre-book, you can have two Tier 1 rides as long as they are not the same one (multiple for CL and 1 for Regular). Also, your 4th FP can also be a Tier 1. Additionally, we were able to book a duplicate Tier 1 ride at Epcot (two Test Tracks) as our 4th FP and nothing got cancelled. Some people have reported problems with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!