• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tried a few different things this time

DD UK

Earning My Ears
Although the parks were still a primary part of the plan I managed to get in a few new things this time.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate East close to Old Town in Kissimmee. For any of you that has visited Old Town you will know the Skycoaster. For those who don't, it is a sort of ride where you are attached to metal cord and pulled back 300ft high. Obviously the only way down is to pull the rip cord and fly. It was one of the most frightening, but one of the best feelings you will ever experience. Only one word describes this ride and that is AWESOME.

I also did one of the helicopter rides where we actually flew right over Disney. That was cool.

And we also managed to get to a basketball game. The Orlando Magic v Miami Heat. The match was excellent even though the Magic got beat.

These were another 3 great experiences which helped make the holiday even more special and all are strongly recommended, especially the Skycoaster!

What other actiivities have you folks tried that might be worth a visit next time?

....... You are brave!!! I won't go near the Skycoaster!! I remember Janice's family also experienced this but I'm far too much of a wimp to go near the thing!!

The helicopter ride sounds good - I'd like to try the ballooning ( if I can get up in time!) with Orange Blossom Balloons!

Hi DD,

You are brave to go on the skycoaster thing,love nor money could get me on that!

I am interested in the Magics game you went to.When we went last October their training games I think they are started in October,I would really like to go to one.Did you buy the tickets when you were out there or before you went? Was it a really good atmosphere?

Thanks

We booked the game at the Airtours welcome meeting. They arranged the tickets and transportationand it cost $69 each.

Skycoaster - I should cocoa! Ditto helicopter rides, but I do fancy seeing Orlando Magic.

Thanks DD,that sounds like a good price compared with the price on Ticketmaster to buy them.

Yes we have all done the Skycoaster too, and it is my absolute favourite thing to do. Last time DD's boyfriend came on with me looking rather worried, and we bought the video. When he returned to his home town of Nottingham and showed his Mum, she accused me of being rather irresponsible taking him on!!!!! So I felt like a naughty school girl, and I am nearly 50yrs old!!!!!!!!Carolyn:D :D :D :D

On our last visit we did Skycoaster but are planning to go in the dark this time!!! along with Night alligator ride!!! ( Kids don't know yet, do you think they will appeciate the surprise ???)

Just been reading Simons book and all 4 of us are building up the courage to have a go at the Parasailing at Boggy Creek, 200, 400 or 800 ft. In for a penny in for a pound I guess it's 800ft.

Has anyone out there ever done this as DS (10) doesn't believe this can be done without getting wet or having a close encounter with the sharp toothed ones, not allowed to say the word as yet.

87 Days & counting:D

Carolyn,

When my DH did a parachute jump about 16 years ago,my MIL said in so many words that I shouldn't have 'allowed' him to do something so dangerous.Just because I thought he should go for it if he wanted to (I wouldn't do it!) ,I think she thought I was trying to bump him off!

My bf did a flight in a vintage Harvard plane at Warbird Adventures, which he read about in Simon's book. After tuition, he was able to fly the plane himself and do aerobatic loops and 360 degree turns etc. He got a video and stills too, and it was certainly the highlight of his holiday - cost $315 for a 30 minute flight though!

Louise
My DH did this last October and it was also the best thing of his holiday.How many times have you watched the video;)

Reading thta and about the parachote there are probably easier ways for my DH to get away from mr than having a 'death wish'!

my friend was in line for a skycoaster thing at the Hoppings (travelling fair in Newcastle) last year - the person in front of her got on and the thing flew up and the elastic band snapped and it plummeted back down on a safety rope and bashed into the structure - fortunatly the people inside were unhurt but it has put me of anything like this for life!

bev

Whilst on the Skycoaster I felt 100% safe. I must admit I would have been more reluctant to do it if it was on a travelling fair.

And remember, you have to do it to know whether it feels safe and if you like it or not. If not you'll always be at the side, looking on.

Oh and I can't remember how many time I've watched the video since I got home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter