Tried and true candied pecans recipe?

Searc

DIS Veteran
I want to make candied pecans today, but I don't have a recipe. Does anyone have a tried and true recipe they use? I have 22oz of pecans.

I don't follow a particular recipe, but I toss about 1 cup of nuts in a fry pan, add maybe 2 T of butter and 1/4 white sugar. Turn heat on medium and start stirring. Constant stirring is necessary! Once the sugar "melts" and turns a caramel color, pour out everything onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using a pair of forks, and working quickly, separate so you don't end up with one large blob. When I do this, I always end up with a few "excess" blobs of the caramel. I eat those. :-) But the nuts are all nicely coated. Cool completely. It's super simple. Takes about 5 minutes of heating. I use non-stick fry pan. Works every time. I make them quite often just because it's so ridiculously easy, yet people think they are so "wonderful" that surely it must be something hard to make. If they only knew how easy it was.

I don't follow a particular recipe, but I toss about 1 cup of nuts in a fry pan, add maybe 2 T of butter and 1/4 white sugar. Turn heat on medium and start stirring. Constant stirring is necessary! Once the sugar "melts" and turns a caramel color, pour out everything onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using a pair of forks, and working quickly, separate so you don't end up with one large blob. When I do this, I always end up with a few "excess" blobs of the caramel. I eat those. :-) But the nuts are all nicely coated. Cool completely. It's super simple. Takes about 5 minutes of heating. I use non-stick fry pan. Works every time. I make them quite often just because it's so ridiculously easy, yet people think they are so "wonderful" that surely it must be something hard to make. If they only knew how easy it was.
Thanks. I ended up using the All Recipes recipe. 🙂

If you use any recipe from All Recipes, make sure to read the reviews. I used to use that site a lot, but found they have no test kitchen and recently posted recipes go through more of an editorial review process often having obvious errors in quantity or missing/defective directions. That site was formed by combining various older cooking websites where people could 'direct post' recipes with no one reviewing them. Far too many defective recipes on that site, so be sure to look them over before wasting your time/ingredients.

I find the best 'cooked sugar' recipes are those which give a cooking TEMPERATURE for the sugar (i.e cook until mixture reaches 235 degrees). "Boil for 3 minutes" isn't precise enough to get consistent results with those types of recipes. The humidity on the day you make any cooked sugar recipe will have an impact on the result. Defective cooked sugar recipes will yield taffy one time and then something that will break your teeth the next !!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts