Trip insurance for February?

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
so we are going late January or mid February have not nailed down a date but my question is if we are just getting hotel and park tickets is trip insurance needed

Just in case something comes up like sickness

Personally, I don't get trip insurance if I'm traveling domestically. If something were to come up to prevent me from going, I'd just eat the cost, and I'm not worried about medical emergencies. Cancellation insurance is particularly expensive, if I recall, so I don't even usually get that for international trips (just medical and evacuation).

so we are going late January or mid February have not nailed down a date but my question is if we are just getting hotel and park tickets is trip insurance needed

Just in case something comes up like sickness

Well, park tickets can be used another time, a hotel reservation can be canceled mostly right up to the last minute. The biggest issue that travel insurance would cover would be non refundable plane tickets, and if you aren't flying, that's not an issue for you. Personally, I wouldn't buy travel insurance, and I never have done so.

Consider that some travel insurance will cover various medical expenses as well. Including evacuation. We used AIG Travelguard in 2008 and after my wife ended up in the hospital it covered the extra hotel and flight expenses AND the medical deductible of almost $2000.

Why would you consider travel insurance when you live less than an hour away from WDW? None of the contingencies covered by travel insurance apply to you.

Consider that some travel insurance will cover various medical expenses as well. Including evacuation. We used AIG Travelguard in 2008 and after my wife ended up in the hospital it covered the extra hotel and flight expenses AND the medical deductible of almost $2000.

I've seen loads of ads for AIG travel insurance, but I am always hesitant to buy from them. You were satisfied with the experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter