Trip months away but Air Canada changed our flights

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
Got an email that because of the Boeing 737 plane issue they are changing our flights. We had a direct flight from Halifax arriving at MCO at 10 a.m. The new flight is still direct but we wont arrive until 630 p.m. Not sure what to do. Change our flights so we stay overnight in TO a day early and get a direct flight to MCO the next day, or just accept the change as is. Worried they will just end up changing our flights again! We don't fly out until November.

Was booked on Air Canada last Nov/DEC and we received at least 4 changes in itinerary.
then our last leg home cancelled due to weather. Had to take a 3 1/2 hour cab home.
expect more changes before you are done.

Were you planning on going to a park that first day. If not I would stick with a direct flight in November. You never know what kind of weather they might be experiencing in Toronto. Keep an eye on the flights right up until the week you travel. DH doesn't understand why I am constantly watching the flights (better safe than sorry). One year there was a change of a day to our flights and we didn't get notified (flight was through Airmiles). I just happened upon it and got it resolved quickly.

Were you planning on going to a park that first day. If not I would stick with a direct flight in November. You never know what kind of weather they might be experiencing in Toronto. Keep an eye on the flights right up until the week you travel. DH doesn't understand why I am constantly watching the flights (better safe than sorry). One year there was a change of a day to our flights and we didn't get notified (flight was through Airmiles). I just happened upon it and got it resolved quickly.

Did not have plans for a park. Just a dinner reservatipn.

I booked a flight to LAX and AC must have changed the times a good 6 times They put their flights out so far in advance it’s crazy

Ugg I feel your pain. When I took the kids to stampede last summer ( my first big trip with 4 kiddos alone) I booked a direct flight leaving around 6pm, airtrans kept pushing it back until it was after 9 departure then with bad weather it was delayed .. we ended up getting in really late rental car place was closing and was out of cars (until i cried ) it was a nightmare
But I would stick direct no matter what and decide if that dining res is worth a flight change and a night in TO costs.
I always expect the unexpected :) at this point

Got an email that because of the Boeing 737 plane issue they are changing our flights. We had a direct flight from Halifax arriving at MCO at 10 a.m. The new flight is still direct but we wont arrive until 630 p.m. Not sure what to do. Change our flights so we stay overnight in TO a day early and get a direct flight to MCO the next day, or just accept the change as is. Worried they will just end up changing our flights again! We don't fly out until November.

Hello,
I would definitely go a day early and stay overnight in Toronto. I would hate to loose a full day of my vacation.
Enjoy:flower:

Have you tried calling them and telling them the change interferes with your plans? Maybe they have a better flight. I always book so far in advance that the flight times change several times (but normally not too drastically like yours has). Once I had to call because the new flight schedule they gave me missed connecting flights (and yes all the flights were booked through the same airline). Over the phone they sorted it out for me and I actually wound up with better flights.

Have you tried calling them and telling them the change interferes with your plans? Maybe they have a better flight. I always book so far in advance that the flight times change several times (but normally not too drastically like yours has). Once I had to call because the new flight schedule they gave me missed connecting flights (and yes all the flights were booked through the same airline). Over the phone they sorted it out for me and I actually wound up with better flights.
Havent called. Waiting for all group members to get back to on their preferences.

I believe that if they changed your flights by more than 2 hours (departure or arrival time), they should waive the change fee. I'm not sure how that works with the Max plane issues.

Personally, I would keep the direct flight (especially if you're travelling with kids). If there are no kids, I'd been more inclined to spend the night in Toronto. I also try and avoid YYZ at all costs, but an overnight layover should give you plenty of time to make it safely through customs 😃

My sister wants to switch to an early morning flight leaving at 530 a.m., connecting in Toronto for 1.5 hours, then arriving in Orlando at 1126. I could not imagine waking up a toddler to make a 530 flight lol

My sister wants to switch to an early morning flight leaving at 530 a.m., connecting in Toronto for 1.5 hours, then arriving in Orlando at 1126. I could not imagine waking up a toddler to make a 530 flight lol

The waking up part isn't too nice, but I far prefer that arrival time. My flights from Ottawa always seem to leave at some unGodly hour like 6AM so I have to be up super early - so I hear ya there lol. Doesn't seem to matter where I'm going, it is always that awful early morning.

The nice thing about the flight was cancelled was we left at 7 am and arrived at MCO at 10 Florida time. So bitter about the change.

Last edited:
The waking up part isn't too nice, but I far prefer that arrival time. My flights from Ottawa always seem to leave at some unGodly hour like 6AM so I have to be up super early - so I hear ya there lol. Doesn't seem to matter where I'm going, it is always that awful early morning.

Our flights to Seattle on Delta always leave at 5:40am. I actually have an alarm on my phone set for 2:45am. :crazy2:

Our flights to Seattle on Delta always leave at 5:40am. I actually have an alarm on my phone set for 2:45am. :crazy2:

Haha, yes, when I lived in Victoria all my flights went through Seattle (or possibly Vancouver) and all left at hideously early times too lol.

That's what i refer to as "butt-crack-of-stupid-o'clock" :rotfl2:

Just a word of caution about AC. Over time we have noticed that they more reliably notify you of flight schedule changes if you purchased your flights with cash/cards, etc. rather than by redeeming miles. It pays to check for changes on a regular basis.

I wonder if I am being stupid holding onto hope they will reschedule again for an earlier time. :-(

The nice thing about the flight was cancelled was we left at 7 am and arrived at MCO at 10 Florida time. So bitter about the change.

We just got an email about itinerary change from Air Canada and I looked closely at it - they bumped us to the NEXT DAY. Instead of leaving Ottawa on Saturday morning (Nov 9), they have us on Sunday morning. Screw that ****! I called them and got put in a hold pattern and left my number. Still waiting for a call back. Grrrr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter