Trip of a Lifetime Needs to Be Cancelled

Has your mom chosen a hospice yet? If not, I would encourage your family to choose one ASAP because they can help make the rest of her life more comfortable and can give advice regarding how to manage the trip given the fact that she'll probably need accommodations your family is not used to making.

I'm so sorry for the diagnosis. I hope you make wonderful memories on your trip.

I can't be of help, but I just want to say I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in laws diagnosis. :grouphug:

My mother-in-law organized a trip to WDW for her husband, brother and sister-in-law. Got the bands, picked her Fastpass rides, made her dinner reservations, staying at the Grand Floridian, etc. On Monday she had a cancer diagnosis and begins chemo end of next week. Given the severity of the diagnosis, she will not ever be going to Disney. We are trying to figure out next steps on her behalf as she is focused on her health. She probably has almost $2,000 in Disney tickets she paid for. How does one go about getting a refund from Disney?
I'm so sorry.

I am so very sorry to read this. 9 years ago, my grandma was diagnosed with an aggressive form of ovarian cancer and passed away 28 days later. I empathize with you and your family and it breaks my heart. I hope she enjoys her trip as much as possible. Make sure she gets a DAS card and any accommodation she needs. Take gentle care of yourself, OP <3

Thanks all for your wonderful input and for your kind thoughts. Given the situation, she has decided to forgo chemo and go on the trip so she'll be using those tickets after all. I think her decision to focus on the quality rather than quantity of time is the right one.
I'm very sorry to hear about her diagnosis as well but I'm glad for her decision to live the rest of her life to the fullest and take this trip of a lifetime! What wonderful memories you will make together!

Have you taken your trip yet? I saw this was posted in November. If not, please make sure you get the DAS pass as the poster above mentioned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter