Trip of a lifetime with Poppa and Nana and Did We Really Book a Trip

fire616

Mouseketeer
A couple of weeks ago, DH and I began discussing whether we wanted to change our upcoming vacation and go to Disneyland. We went back and forth on if we should go or not. During our family reunion this past weekend, we were discussing it with our kids and put it out there if we could take the "littles" with us. We have 5 grandchildren, the "olders" are 20 and 17 and we have taken them to both DL and WDW. We have 3 "littles" that are 9, 8, 5.

Our DD was sure you can take DGS, our DS was hesitant as he wants to be the first one to take his girls. DDIL talked him into it and it was decided we would take their oldest. The youngest DGD (5) wouldn't even stay with us in our fifth wheel during family reunion and we were only 10 miles from home. We got home on Tuesday and booked a trip to WDW leaving in 10 days instead of going to Disneyland.

Did we really do that, yes we did.

Cast of characters:
Poppa - DH loves going to Disney but not some of the roller coasters but will ride some with me
Nana - myself, loves everything about Disney
DGD - Paislee - first trip
DGS - Eli - has been to Disneyland.

We have not told the grandkids that we are going, and are trying to figure out a way to surprise them. (if you have any good ideas on how to do that, let me know)

We will be catching a red-eye on Friday, July 24th at 10:55pm and will land in Florida at 11:30am Saturday morning. We will be staying at CSR and will have 8 days to explore and have fun.

Lots of things to plan in a very short time!!!

Little more about DH and myself. DH is the store director at our local grocery store here in town (there are only 2 grocery stores in town) and I am the Center Coordinator for a local preschool. We both enjoy spending time with our family and when not going to Disney will go camping for vacations. In fact, I had to cancel our upcoming camping trip, so we could go to Disney.

First where are we going to stay?
Disney Coronado Springs Resort
589861 So excited that we are staying at a Moderate.

The plan is to do 6 days at Disney and 2 days at SeaWorld. Yes, that is a packed schedule, however DH and I have been several times and this is going to be a trip for the grands. We will go at their pace and make sure to spend some time relaxing around the pool.

Ordered some items today for the trip
589867 589868 589869

backpacks for DGS and DGD and included a new crossbody purse for myself.

Also purchased

589870 589871 to put in their backpacks.

Also decided that I need a fan too.

Next post: Which day for which parks. Which one will we take them to first???

Parks
I originally made my park reservations for
Saturday afternoon/evening - MK
Sunday - Epcot
Monday - AK
Tuesday - SeaWorld
Wednesday - DHS
Thursday - SeaWold
Friday - MK
Saturday - AK

Since the first reservations I have changed the second Saturday to DHS. We decided that we wanted a second day reserved for HS in case we don't get RotR on the first day.

We scheduled two days at SeaWorld and then realized that DGS is only 49 inches tall and he would have been the one to ride the roller coasters with me. It's all good, we will just take our time and see the shows and animals. We plan on going in late the first morning and staying for fireworks and the second day we will go in at opening and then go back to the hotel and swim in the afternoon.

We have been discussing how to tell the grandkids that they are going to WDW.

Last night DGS got really excited when I asked if he would like to go to the beach with us next week. Haven't asked DGD yet but will probably ask her on Thursday when she comes over.

The plan at this point is to go to dinner before heading to the airport and seeing if the waitress/waiter will hand them their envelopes with the boarding passes I printed. We would also give them their backpacks at that time.

Next up: T-shirts I made for the trip and for youngest DGD who is going to the zoo with her parents while we are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter