Trip of Firsts :-)

Hi everyone!! This is my first time doing a pre-trip report! I'm very type a, so I want to type this all out for my own clarity!

Right, so let's get started!

My name is Julia! I'm 22 years old and from Northern NJ. I'm a huge Disney nerd, and have been going to WDW since I was a baby. I'm pretty sure my trip count is at 7 or 8? I love all things Disney, and even run my own Disney Etsy.

I normally go to Disney with my family, but there not as into it as I am, so this trip I decided I will be going by myself! Yes, my first solo trip!! I'm excited but a teensy bit nervous, but overall, I can't wait!!!! There is a very, very slight chance my friend may be coming with me, but I really don't think she will, so I'm planning like it's a solo trip :-)

Now, here are some trip details.

WHEN: March 10 - 14. I'll be there for F&G and it's my first time experiencing it! I've always dreamed of going to F&G!!

WHERE: Pop Century. I've never stayed at a value before! I've heard great things about Pop though.

Also, I applied to DCP for the spring semester, but I was waitlisted and ultimately didn't get in. I'm applying again for the fall, but if that doesn't work out either, I decided I'm getting an AP so I can take at least two trips a year (as long as I like being a solo traveler, which I'm sure I will)

EDIT: This thread has become a place for my pre-trip ramblings and a way for me to organize my thoughts, reader be warned ;)

Last edited:
I've been tempted by the siren call of a solo trip but haven't yet done it myself. There's something to be said about doing it on your own, so I hope it's a blast.

I've been tempted by the siren call of a solo trip but haven't yet done it myself. There's something to be said about doing it on your own, so I hope it's a blast.

I think it'll be good for me! It'll push me out of my comfort zone a bit, plus I'm very familiar with the parks so at least I won't get lost :-)

Okay so I have 10 more days until it's fastpass day!! Since I have four park days, I'm going to do a park a day (I will be parkhopping though!)

So for Epcot, I'm torn between Test Track or Frozen, and then I'll probably get a fastpass for Spaceship Earth. I hate the way the tiers work at Epcot, basically any ride that isn't Tier 1 there isn't a wait for anyway... I'll probably fastpass Frozen though since I can always do single rider for Test Track.

Then for Magic Kingdom I'm going to do Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, and Big Thunder Mountain. I would've gotten it for Space Mountain or Splash Mountain instead of Big Thunder, but not gonna lie, I'm a little scared to go on those two by myself LOL

And for DHS I'm planning on Slinky Dog Dash (but we'll see if I can even score a fastpass for it), Star Tours, and Rock n' Rollercoaster. I've never been on Slinky so I'm realllllllly hoping I can get a fastpass for it.

Finally, for Animal Kingdom I'm going to do Navi River Journey (I kinda like that one more than FoP), Kilimanjaro Safaris, and the Lion King. I might swap out the Lion King for Kali River Rapids, but I'm going to wait and get a better idea of what the weather is like.

I plan on going on every ride I can, with the exception of the two I mentioned, plus Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, and ToT... Most of them I'm scared to go on by myself lol, but I wouldn't even go on Dinosaur if I was with people. I hate that ride!! It's so scary!!!

i know i'm posting a lot today, but i'm so excited!!!!!!!!! i just booked my airfare. it was a teensy bit more than i had hoped, since i had to upgrade to "economy" instead of "basic economy" (you don't get to bring a carry on with basic economy :mad:) but i got to choose my seat! i picked a window seat near the back of the plane. so i depart at 6:30 am and should get there around 9ish. i don't mind early flights, and i'd rather have the day to go to the parks! and then coming home, my flight is at 8 pm. i don't have park tickets for my last day, so i'll have plenty of time to explore disney springs. now i just need to figure out a way too and from the airport...

so now it's time to plan for food, my favorite part of any vacation!! like i said before, i have the basic dining plan, so 2 QS per day. i'm trying to plan ahead to make the most of the plan, and so i don't end up stuck at a restaurant i don't like. i know i'm def going to casey's corner (can't beat those corn dog nuggets!!!!) but i'm torn between everything else... here's what i'm thinking

• columbia harbor house (never been but it sounds yummy)
  • pinocchio village haus (need chicken nuggets at least once)
  • la cantina de san angel
  • baseline tap house (want to try a bar/lounge)
  • woody's lunch box (gotta try totchos!!!)
  • tune in lounge (it's either this or baseline)
  • flame tree barbecue
  • pongu pongu
  • pizzafari (i have a special love for this place)
  • yak and yeti (just for the mini mango pie)
now here's the problem... most of my days will be spent at epcot or magic kingdom, and i'm not really loving much of their quick service options. i still have 69 days so i have time to think...

Hi Julia!

Your trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

I was in WDW two weeks ago and had a great time. I also did a lot of quick service meals. I can't recommend Satu'li Canteen in AK enough. I thought the food was great and there's something to be said for eating off of real dishes and silverware for a quick service meal.

Are you afraid to try Flight of Passage alone? It really lives up to the hype and I would try to get that fast pass. We couldn't get a fast pass for Slinky Dog, but went to HS on an EMH day and were able to ride it at rope drop after a 30 minute wait. The wait time was past two hours when we got off. Yikes!

Good luck with getting the fast passes you want!

Hi Julia!

Your trip sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

I was in WDW two weeks ago and had a great time. I also did a lot of quick service meals. I can't recommend Satu'li Canteen in AK enough. I thought the food was great and there's something to be said for eating off of real dishes and silverware for a quick service meal.

Are you afraid to try Flight of Passage alone? It really lives up to the hype and I would try to get that fast pass. We couldn't get a fast pass for Slinky Dog, but went to HS on an EMH day and were able to ride it at rope drop after a 30 minute wait. The wait time was past two hours when we got off. Yikes!

Good luck with getting the fast passes you want!

i've heard great things about satu'li canteen but i'm a bit of a picky eater and nothing on the menu seems to do it for me LOL
it's not that i'm scared of FoP, it's just i can only get 1 fastpass for the pandora rides since they're both tier 1, and i kinda like navi river journey better (i know i'm in the minority with this opinion lol) i just think it's such a beautiful and peaceful ride!

so here's a little trip update - my friend is not coming with me. i was already planning as if she wasn't coming, but now it's official that it will be a solo trip! i'm actually kinda happy she's not coming, i think it'll be really good for me to do this on my own. i'm already having dumb "what if" anxieties about it though such as:
  • what if i lose my wallet and can't get on the plane home since i won't have my license?
  • what if i sprain my ankle?
  • what if i get sick?
  • what if my credit card gets stolen the day before the trip and i won't be able to get a replacement in time? (this actually happened to my mom on our last trip)
i know these are wild scenarios but it's my first time riding an airplane by myself and being in another state by myself (not counting college, but it was a lot closer than florida!)

okay, okay, so there's a few things i need to get before my trip... my last two trips i dealt with really bad blisters, and on my last trip my legs were chafing like crazy. i think i might've gotten the blisters because i usually just slip my feet into my sneakers and don't re-tie them, so i guess they're not tight enough. so here's a couple things i need to buy beforehand:
  • moleskin
  • sneakers (unsure about this one though, i heard new shoes can cause blisters)
  • thick/synthetic socks
  • mini scissors (to cut the moleskin)
  • anti-monkey butt (for the chafing)
  • excedrin
  • reusable water bottle
  • anti-blister balm
  • peppermint essential oil (i heard it's good for aching feet)
  • portable charger
  • hand sanitizer
if i think of anything else i'll add it. normally i would also buy a few minnie ears, and some shirts and accessories from disney small shops, but i'm trying to do disney on a dime so i'll just use what i already have.

Last edited:
Your plans look great! Solo trips are so fun! I have done three solo trips ranging from 5-8 days each and loved every minute. Happy planning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter