• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Questions

GeorgeY

<font color=navy>Let me just say "I Love living in
Hi everyone, We are leaving this Saturday for our Trip to California. We are basically doing the same thing we did 4 years ago since we had such a great time. We fly to LA then drive to Yosemite (I still have the great directions from last time from MaryJo.) Then 6 days at Disneyland.

We are staying at the Grand Californian, We had park view last time, but Standard view this time.
My question is Should we Request the Courtyard View or the Disneyland Drive View? Can anyone share your experiences with either?

We are eating at:
Goofys Kitchen (D)
Blue Bayou (L)
Hooks Pointe (D)
Jazz Kitchen (D)
Napa Rose (D)
PCH Grill (Lilo/Stich Breakfast) (B)
Vineyard Room (D)
Mrs Knotts(1 day we goto Knotts) (L)

Does anyone recommend another restaurant, we still have some open times that we would just fill with quick service?

Thanks for any info,.

George

The Naples Ristorante is also nice, and I enjoy their patio dining. Tortilla Jos is rather new for you, but they have pretty tasty Mexican food.

I had the Disneyland Drive view, overlooking Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier Hotel, with a glimpse of Mulholland Madness (ride in DCA), and a view of the monorail as it passed by the entrance of Grand Californian on its way to Downtown Disney. I really enjoyed this view. We were in room 4101, and were so close to the elevators by the Grand Lobby. On the 3rd floor, under us, they also have a little sitting area that overlooks the Grand Lobby. It was so nice to have my door propped open & listen to the piano music being played.

The courtyard view is also nice, and is more secluded, perhaps, definitely more shady, with pine trees around.

So, where are you staying at in Yosemite?

RC is same as all other locations, but fun and lots of selections. Have not been to CC but plan to go in August.

We are staying at the Tenaya Lodge, we couldn't get reservations for Yosemite Lodge or Alhwanee. But we did stay at Tenaya the last trip and had a great time.

I guess I am just going to not request an area and see what I get.

I keep checking the weather and it is looking good.

As far as Downtown Disney options:
ESPN zone has yummy wraps!
Tortilla Jo's has better food at their walk up window than the dine in.

That's all I'd add to the list.

BTW... have a blast at Yosemite! I have friends and relatives here in CA that have never even been there. It might be colder there than 4 years ago, we've had longer winter weather this year.

We've had a wet season this year so the falls in Yosemite should be FABULOUS! Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter