Trip Report 16.May - 20.May 2005

marcus.ka

Disney Hotel Fan
Trip Report 16. May 2005- 20. May 2005

This was my 9th trip to DLRP and the second time in the Disneyland Hotel. The first stay on September 2004 was a 101% perfect trip, and because of that, I expected the same for this trip, and booked the DLH again. But unfortunately this was the less perfect trip of them all.
There were so many small things that happened during our trip that made it only 99% perfect. Don’t get me wrong. We had as usual a really great time, and we had so much fun, and we will for sure go again to DLRP but read for yourself:

We started on early Sunday 15. May from Nuremberg to Paris. At 11am we arrived at the Kyriad Hotel. My boyfriend don’t wanted to go to one of the cheep hotels near Paris and so we decided to pay a little more, and sleep the first night in one of the Resort Hotels. The Kyriad is not bad! You get good value for your money. (70€ per room per night in low season) After one day in Paris, we got our room, with a really nice view to the sea.

After breakfast on Monday morning (which was as good as in Hotel Santa Fee) we headed to the Disneyland Hotel to start our 5day stay at the hotel of my dreams. It was Whit Monday and so the hotel and the whole resort was very crowded.
We booked a 5day stay because I wanted to stay desperately at this hotel. And for the DLH and the Hotel SF there is no 3=2 offer anymore. Only 4=3! I don’t know why they changed this? Maybe they thought “If they can afford the DLH 3 nights they can also afford 4 nights!” But that makes no sense with the Santa Fee!
Ok, that’s why we went for 4 nights and 5 days. (577€ per person)
But I was a little afraid, that this could be too long. And I was right. Usually we only stayed 2 nights and 3 days.
After 4 days it is a little bit “strange” do hear all day long music. And as I found out, they play the same CD in the DLH every morning at the same time! So I heard some songs in the hotel every day!
And after 4 days the resort becomes sort of “normal” for you, and you forget that it is something very special. Usually I’m very happy that I can forget all my sorrows and all the problems in the world when I’m at DL, but after 4 days, you long for to go to a normal store and not a Disneystore!

-What are the experiences of you when you were longer than 3 days? What is to long for you? –

Because of the bank holiday no room was available, so we started our day in the DL Park.

I just love the feeling when I see the Mainstreet the first time. Then I could start crying immediately because I feel like coming home!
Our first 3 attractions were (like usual) BTM, PM and POTC.
Because there were only a few people in POTC we were allowed to do a second ride without leaving the boat! That was great, and I thought that Magic Unlimited must be really cool!
After POCT we went to the Salon Mickey to eat the first Brownie. Delicious! Salon Mickey is under rehab, and it was sometimes very noisy inside, because the workers outside worked very hard.
The next walk was to the Studio Tram Tour. The STT was only available on Monday, because it would close on Tuesday. But all the park maps said it would close on 28 May. And so I asked a CM, and she told me “Today is the last day, there is a mistake in ALL the park maps!”
STT is one of my favourites in the studios. I could do the Catastrophy Canyon again and again. The water is just great!
When the train came out of the Canyon I saw a lot of smoke coming form the DLP. And I thought what was happening? And when we were back in the DLP, and after riding Le Pays des Contes de Fées, we saw that Frontierland was closed. My first thought was, “Oh now, hopefully no fire in PM or BTM!”
After that little shock we went to the Walt’s were we had a reservation for 1:30pm. I usually like to eat in the evening hours. But the Walt’s opens only until 3pm, and so we had lunch on Monday and only a sandwich dinner in the evening.
The Walt’s is just great! So much atmosphere! This was our second visit there and it is just great! This time we were at the Mainstreet room (last time it was Discoveryland)
After a great lunch (my boyfried had the Walt’s Gourmet Burger! Hmm) we went to the hotel, to get our room. And the team of the hotel had a little surprise for us, they gave us exactly the same room which we had in Septmber! Room 3311 in the westwing. But when we came to the room we saw that the whole inner westwing was wrapped with scaffolds!
And as we payed so much money for this trip, we dicided to go to the reception. The CM told me that there is no other room available, and he can not promise that there will be a room on the other days! And as we wanted to go back to the room, I saw the manager at his desk in the looby. I spoke to him, and he told me that all guest who had booked the DLh received a letter in which they were informed about that, and that they can change there stay. But we didn’t get such a letter. In fact I wrote myself to the Resort to ask if there is anything planned with the DLH, because I read a rumor on a french forum.
And because of that fact, he dissapeared and came back with a new room for us. And so we got a room in the eastwing with a nice view to the main hotel entrance!
After that second shock for the day, we saw the parade and afterwards we did the STT a second time. Then PM, Pinocchio and Snow White. And then it started to rain and so we only bought a sandwich at the village and finished our first day at the hotel!

That is the first part of my trip report, the rest will follow at the end of next week. If you interessted? ;-)

Wow - what a really long and detailed trip report marcus.ka - thank you for going to so much trouble - we are certainly interested in reading more about the rest of your trip. :sunny:
It's a shame you had so many problems - it does take the shine off things. Personally we always go for 4 nights, 5 days and don't find it too long at all but it's just a personal preference. We never go in school holiday time and agree totally that it's so nice to be able to go on rides over and over with little queuing.
It'a real shame that they were doing so much renovation work on the DLH which detracted from your enjoyment of Salon Mickey but I'm glad to hear you eventually got a better room - it obviously pays to be persistent!!
What a shame about Catastrophe Canyon - that must have been really disappointing for you especially as the information in the park maps was wrong - there's really no excuse for that sort of thing.
All these small things can add up and spoil your overall impressions but it's good to know you still enjoyed your holiday and will not let it put you off!
Looking forward to the next installment.

Great report, marcus.ka! I would very much like to read the rest if you don't mind :)

I am really sorry about your problems. I agree that if I was staying at the DLH I would be expecting it to be perfect! As you say, it is a lot of money to spend and you should get what you paid for. I'm delighted they managed to find you another room though :)

Thanks for the report marcus.ka, I would love to read the next instalment.:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter