Trip report- Fairytale Adventure Day 4,5,and 6

lkueffer

Earning My Ears
Who we are- Mike, Liz, Lauren (12) and haley(7)
Day 4 was the day I was a little concerned about. It was our bike ride and archery day. I haven't ridden a bike in a while and wasn't sure if I could be a good sport and give it a try. Well I decided to stay back at the park and relax with a few others that decided not to bike. This was very relaxing. You had two choices. You could bike the trail both ways or you could do a one way trip and have the bus bring you back. My husband and the girls did the whole ride and said it wasn't too strenuous. After the bike ride we had a wonderful BBQ lunch in a beautiful courtyard at Hofgut Stammen. It was buffet style and had chicken skewers, wings, chicken nuggets, fries, potatoes, veggies, salads, rolls, and icecream sundaes for dessert. Beverages were also provided.
After lunch we had our archery lesson. I haven't used a bow and arrow since middle school so this was a lot of fun to re-learn. The kids had their own target with balloons. Haley was the first to pop a balloon. This made her day. The kids actually did better than the grown-ups.
Dinner this night was at Sababurg Castle. We listened to the story of Sleeping Beauty while a cellist played. It was a beautiful setting. The meal this night gave us a choice of trout, chicken or rose pasta. The rose pasta supposedly tasted like roses. Not sure I would have chosen that one.

Day 5
Each time we switched hotels we were instructed to have our luggage ready at a certain time and left behind our door. They took care of moving it to the next hotel. This was a very nice touch.
Today we are off to Rothenburg with a stop first at the Lowenburg castle. This castle was really pretty but we weren't allowed to take pictures inside. Kind of a bummer but understandable. We ate lunch at the Gustoff Kassel Restaurant where we were treated to the best weiner scnitzel. After checking into the Hotel Eisenhut in Rothenburg we did some exploring. This was my favorite place to shop. We managed to take care of all of our Germany souvenir shopping here.
Dinner this night was on our own so we got real brave and tried a pizza place. Just kidding about the brave part. Our youngest was hungry for something she enjoys at home so we decided to indulge her with pizza. It was delicious. We did enjoy a German beer with it though.
Tonight was our night watchman tour. What an entertaining and educational tour this was. We really enjoyed this. He told us all about Rothenburg in the medieval times.
Highlights of the day for me involved shopping. I was in my element in this city. The kids enjoyed seeing the church and going up in the tower across from our hotel.
Day 6 started with a buffet breakfast. To my youngest daughters delight they had rice on the buffet. Not sure why but she enjoyed it. They also had a waffle maker that you could make your own waffles along with meats, cheeses, eggs, fruit, cereals and lots of breads.
Today we went to a bakery to make pretzels. After making the traditional shaped pretzels we got to make silly shapes. This turned out to be really fun.
We had the rest of the day to do our own thing. Of course I chose more shopping. Some of our purchases included: a cuckoo clock, shwiboggen(Christmas decoration), a stein for Mike, a German dress for Haley, a music box, ornaments, T-shirts and two Engel dolls for the girls.
Dinner tonight was at the hotel.
The rooms at the hotel were very nice and spacious. All the amenities were great. No air conditioning but we were able to get a cool breeze in the room so it was comfortable.

Day 7 to come

Great report! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!

Another question or two...did you have to take electrical converter plugs? Did they have hair dryers in all the rooms?

We SOOOOO want to pack light and not check bags, but Lufthansa only allows an 18 pound bag--not much!

The only time we needed converters was to charge our camera and phone batteries. All the hotels had hair dryers. The one in Rothenburg was an old fashioned one so I did use my own but I wouldn't have had to. I did need a converter for my own hair dryer.

Thanks, Liz.

I'm assuming you checked luggage? I've decided we are going to have to check one bag--a duffle with shoes, toiletries, etc.. But, I'm hoping to take on two 19-inch roller bags with most of our clothes.

Did you find that casual wear was fine for most every day?

We dressed casually each day. We never wished we would have brought dressier clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter