Trip Report - OKW/VB/SSR (PHOTOS are Up!)

SSR - Views walking from the Lobby to Congress Park

Pretty Mosaic Fountain
13803416.e47ce2.jpg

I believe the next two pictures are of The Springs - CM at check-in said this the most requested location
13803420.b9bc73.jpg

13803445.4766c8.jpg

Nearing Congress Park - I loved the beautiful, expansive bike and walking/jogging trails like this one:
13803451.d7fceb.jpg

and this:
13803452.94c3e3.jpg

Congress Park - Closest to DTD pathway (while it is not next to the spa/pool area - the Springs is the next stop so you can hop on any Disney bus and get there in minutes)
Coming up on CP
13803448.e59efe.jpg

This pictures does not do this view justice, because the lake and DTD is visible. The White Terrace leads to a quiet pool that looks out over the water and onto DTD. It's stunning.
13803449.8ea143.jpg

Main entrance to our building - loved the arch and hanging lanterns
13803450.2e9844.jpg

View from one of the landings on the staircase - thought the way it was designed to make a frame around Cirque du Soliel was very neat - it was so pretty at night.
13803454.601671.jpg

Out the main entrance. Another nice archway.
13803583.8b368c.jpg

The SSR hallways leading from the elevator to our door:
13803585.07a27c.jpg

Interior SRR Photos:
Children's waiting area in the lobby - I thought the Famous Disney horses were such a clever touch!
13803590.d1a542.jpg

In addition to having the best CS food we've tried, Artist's Palatte had adorable little easels and art supplies out for the kids. Talk about attention to detail and being great for younger kids!
13803581.b08776.jpg

One last Pool shot:
13803579.a018c7.jpg

The interior of a studio room:
Kitchenette
13803447.002ce7.jpg

Nice Detailing from Housekeeping and lovely granite countertop
13803588.1abc17.jpg

Vanity:
13803453.e7de10.jpg

Bathroom, again with nice details from housekeeping:
13803580.6b83e8.jpg

Sofa-Sleeper - so comfortable that the kids fought over it.
13803586.b4f722.jpg

Great Report Starbox!

Loved all the photos! You sooooo get it! My sentiments exactly :thumbsup2

Did you get to visit Community Hall and make Mickey Ice Cream?

No fair teasing us with that Mickey Pancake! :goodvibes

Great pictures... I really like the SSR ones because even though I've seen pictures of it before your pictures seemed to capture a different angle to the point I might stay there.

OurDogCisco said:
Great pictures... I really like the SSR ones because even though I've seen pictures of it before your pictures seemed to capture a different angle to the point I might stay there.

I think it would be a really great place to stay in the cooler months because if you enjoy walking/jogging/biking, it's really set up to give guests a great experience. I'd heard so much about the resort being large that I intentionally walked (mid-day in the first week of August too! - just to see how bad it was and was surprised to see how intentionally beautiful and detailed the gardens and pathways were. In the spring/fall, I imagine they'll be amazing.

starbox said:
This was our first trip as DVC members, and our first time staying at all three resorts. We don't spend much vacation time in the rooms, so for now at least we are staying in studios. I was pleased with EVERY resort.

Part One - OKW and VB

There were some off-duty CMs at the bar drinking and they were complaining about people on the DDP! I think the servers at Olivias are ticked-off about the plan.

So glad you had a great trip and really liked your report. I was just wondring if the CMs seem to have any specific comments about why the servers are ticked-off about the dining plan. I was wondring if it is the people using it or the fact that with it there are fewer cash tips and everything is reported on their w2s at the end of the year thus giving them less take home.

Oooh, I want to go to Vero Beach now!! Thanks for the pics, I've never seen Vero before.

"There were some off-duty CMs at the bar drinking and they were complaining about people on the DDP! I think the servers at Olivias are ticked-off about the plan."

I personally did not speak to any of the CM's at Olivia's or Goods to Go but did witness the manager in a confrontation over a woman trying to order a kids meal instead of an adult meal for the dining plan!! The manager would not back down even though the kids meal was cheaper.

Also witnessed another confrontation with the variety of food not meeting the needs of everyone on the dining plan!!

CM's seemed more tense then normal. I did not purchase the dining plan and now am happy I did not. NOt only did I not gain weight, I would have felt I had to eat what was available becasue I already spend the money and those options are just not good for me or my family to eat daily!! DD is a vegetarian and there was not much for her to choose from at Goods to Go and she was not allowed to get take out from Oivia's!!

Thanks for your fun trip report and cool pics! SSR looks like it is really turning out nicely -- the landscaping appears to be filling in from when I last saw it a year ago even in person. Glad you had fun!

Thanks so much for the awesome photos and terrific report. Our first trip home to SSR is december and we are getting more excited with each passing day. After viewing your pictures I can't wait to stay at OKW and VB! :banana:

Wow! Your pics are wonderful and your report was so nice to read. You seem pleased with your DVC purchase and as a brand new owner, I am happy to read it! I'll be staying at SSR in Oct. for my very first trip home. We bought BCV (resale) but, of course, at this late date, could not get anywhere near Epcot in Oct.!

Your report of SSR was great news as I am hoping to take my parents on this trip and it will be a celebration trip of their 50th wedding anniversary. My dad has terminal cancer ( so them attending the trip is up in the air at this point) but I would like him to see DVC first had and be pleased when he sees my purchase.

Thanks for your positive report. It was just so nice to read a report that focused on many positives about each place!
PS Your kids are adorable!

Amy,
GREAT REPORT...and I LOVED :lovestruc your pictures!

I'm so glad to hear (in a bit more detail) how great your trip 'home, home and home' was :goodvibes

It was a pleasure to meet you at the 'block party'--it's so much nicer when you can connect a face with the name. Lily is an absolute doll princess:

Of course, I've gotta know...did the balloons make it home?

Congrats again on your new opportunity...sounds like more points may be in your future :rotfl2:

D :wave2:

MissD said:
Of course, I've gotta know...did the balloons make it home?

Congrats again on your new opportunity...sounds like more points may be in your future :rotfl2:

:wave2:

The balloons spent a lovely evening with us but did not make it back. Sadly for the balloons, we drive a cute and fuel efficient but itty bitty car. :moped:

It was great meeting you and your sweet family - even though I was distracted chasing kids! Lily claims that the block party was her favorite thing about vacation (I'm sure the balloons helped) :rotfl:

I do fear the addonitis now - it looks like it will come just in time for AKL or CRV! :rotfl2:

castleri said:
So glad you had a great trip and really liked your report. I was just wondring if the CMs seem to have any specific comments about why the servers are ticked-off about the dining plan. I was wondring if it is the people using it or the fact that with it there are fewer cash tips and everything is reported on their w2s at the end of the year thus giving them less take home.

It was not the dining plan itself that they were talking about but stories about the tackiness, rudeness, lack of manners of people ON the DDP. Evidently a larger number of people than you would think (at least according to the CMs I overheard) will order appetizers and desserts and not eat them at all. The amount of food just thrown away and the attitudes of guests.

I will say that after overhearing this conversations I was much more aware of not wasting food - I just skipped ordering an appetizer twice because I knew I was not hungry enough for it. All of our TS CMs were beyond fabulous (Sci Fi, Le Cellier, Turf Club, O'hana) and they all knew we were on the plan. The worst service I got was at Les chefs De France (and it was still fine - just not as overly friendly/attentive as the others) and that's the one TS I paid OOP for!

Your pictures are great, I am going to have to lean how to post them like that. Every time we go down, we say we are going to make it over to SSR to look around but never make it. Seeing your great pictures makes me say the next time we will(I hope) make it over to walk around. I think it looks as if the landscaping makes the resort. It is so nice and looks very relaxing from your pictures..smjj

Vert nice report, excellent pictures!

Your post about Vero really makes us want to visit the resort. We love the beach and we really like the pictures we have seen of the resort.

Your pictures of SSR do a great job in showcasing the beauty of SSR. The landscaping, walkways and paths, open spaces, elegance of the architecture....it really is a beautiful resort (and yes I am partial to it as an owner there). Can't wait to get back there in three weeks! :cool1:

Our kids love the CS at SSR too. Not so much your typical burger and fry delections.

One thing that gets little notice is that by staying at SSR, you can use the resort buses or walk to DTD (short walk) and catch a bus there. We use DTD to get direct buses to some of the other resorts. You can't do that with any of the others.

Great trip report and thanks for posting the beautiful pictures-your children are darling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!