• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Report

MikePezz

1,000th happy haunt
Hi all,

Just got back from three nights at the AKL and two nights at the good old Poly. I don't have much time, but I will jot down some things I noticed, heard, think...

1) Tomorrowland needs a paint job! Many buildings were not only faded but PEELING or BUBBLING or RUST STAINED. The rest of the Kingdom seemed to be in decent shape. It was funny--my father turned to me and said "Did you notice how the stores are in such great shape, while some rides are looking shabby?" I just smiled and said, "Pressler."

2) COP and Timekeeper closed even during a busy Memorial Day weekend.

3) Even though the parks were busy, there were not packed. I don't believe the parks ever were closed due to being "full".

4) AKL was wonderful, but the hallways were dark (very dark due to both the lighting and the dark wood and color schemes used throughout the place). Apparently they are going to change the bulb wattages to fix the problem by summer's end.

5) Pirates needs a rehab. I said this last August after my trip. Many audioanimatronics just aren't working anywhere near to the level they should be. For example, of the three men that sing with donkey and dog in the burning town scene, only one had lips that actually moved. The other two just sort of sawed to the music and moved their heads when the should have been singing. Likewise, many cannons were out of synch with the sound track in the battle scene.

6) Polynesian may be replacing its old black lava walkways with the newer light brown lava and stone walkways used around the recently renovated pool. Work may begin (if approved) in Sept.

7) Philharmagic! budget got cut, and then reinstated. This told by a manager friend of mine. He claims Imagineering won out.

8) Figment not open yet, though a cast member I asked outside of the pavilion promised I would be "pleasantly suprised" at how much they changed. We'll see soon enough.

That is all for now.

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter