Trip reports - does anyone care?

Should I write a trip report?

• Yes! I can't wait to read about your family's vacation!

• No! Please don't waste Pete's bandwith...

• Doesn't matter to me one way or the other...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eric Julie and Hailey

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I'm writing a MEGA trip report. But, it's taking a long time. Should I keep writing?

It seems to me that trip reports are losing their excitement (you can only read so many stories about the Animator's Palate show!
:rolleyes:)

I debated writing a TR after our 12/1 cruise but decided not to due to a lack of time right now. I do enjoy reading them, but IMHO the minute by minute, bite by bite reports can be a bit long in the tooth. What I enjoy reading about are first impressions, highlights, low lights, magical moments, surprises, etc. I guess more generalized reports. Hope I haven't offended.

In the past when I have written them, I have done it more for myself than anyone else. I include them in our scrapbook of the trip. This time we're just doing magical moments and a "top 10" from each of us from both the cruise and our week in WDW. WE do have my son's journal from the trip though, and that's always fun to add to the scrapbook, and go back and read years later!

I like the the ones that hit the high points and the interesting things, but don't read the ones that list the day by day morning to night activities.....I just don't have the time. But that is just my opinion. I'm sure lots of people like the longer ones. I just like this board better with the brief synopsis of the trips.

I try to avoid the day by day (practically hour by hour) account of one's trip. I really like one's that highlight on personal hints and observations - especially mentioning things that they have not read here on the DIS boards before the cruise.

I LOVE detailed trip reports...the longer the better. If I'm short of time I just skim over, but I love any and all trip reports, negative or positive, just enjoy reading them. I plan on posting mine after our trip, like Pixiedusting I will be writing it for my own benefit as much as anyone's, to print out and save.

I'm sure there are others like me who love any and all trip reports.
Anyone else love the detailed ones?? My alltime favorite is from ruvidu (sp?) here is the link if I did this right. Funny, funny, so entertaining....

http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33657

Since Im going on a 3 day cruise, I do occasionally look for TRs on the 3 days. Unfortunately there arent many out there.

I did do a trip report on my WDW trip this past September. I split it up day by day so that it wouldnt seem to long and boring to read. I did get some good questions and feedback on it though, so I hope it helped some people(while I had fun reliving the trip).:)

Last edited:
I love all of the trip reports. But the best ones are the ones that tell others what really worked out well for them and what "pitfalls" they experienced that others should watch out for. In otherwords, I prefer the "Good, Bad and Ugly" trip reports because they are what helps me in planning my trip.

Please keep posting your trip reports and don't hold back. I can't stand it when board members jump on somebody for saying something bad about DCL. We need to hear the "bad" things so we can try to avoid the same situation!! We need to hear the good things to so we can make sure we don't miss them.

Let's face it...DCL is one of the most expensive cruises you can take. I think posting trip reports from recent cruisers can help future cruisers make their trip the best it can be.

The longer the better! I love details! If I don't have time to get into it there, I will bookmark and read it all when I have more time. It does help to have at least a few pics though....I find I really get to know the people if I can see them and it seems a lot more interesting you know...like they are REAL people not just a faceless name that took a cruise.

We are doing our very first cruise in January and when I come back, I will probably write a huge, extremely long-winded tale of my adventures aboard the Magic :D :D If it's too long for people, let them skim! I also do my trip reports for myself, after a few years, I don't remember what the heck I did! :p

that deal with places I plan on going. For example, I have been reading the ones lately dealing with stays at BWV and Dolphin, since I plan on staying there next trip. I don't read the ones where people stayed at the All Stars, because I've been there MANY times and don't think I'll learn anything new.

They're quite useful for newbies (people who have recently found this board and want to know what the DCL experience is like). I read a bunch of them when I first found this board. And although I rarely read them now, they're still useful as newbies continue to discover this board. Keep 'em.

I agree with the posts that say 'some are helpful to me' but each person has their own interests.

A trip report that interests a new person to the boards might not interest me, but most people could find one that they were interested in.

I think the trip reports have worth to the boards.

Personally, I don't need the hourly reports, but some of the daily highlights are useful to me.

Just My Opinion, but I say you should 'Keep Writing'.

I love reading trip reports, the longer the better. As i dont get to go to WDw that often its my way of remembering the magic.

also you can ideas and opinions of different rides, parks, resturants.

Keep them coming!!

Emma

OK - I'm going to keep writing. Maybe I'll do a highlights portion AND a play by play...

I'm finding that it keeps the trip alive a little bit longer by writing...

Hi Northsouth....

You are right!! :D Ruvidu's report was wonderfully entertaining. I loved reading it. Can you please post the links to his other reports? I guess I could do a search, but you have them already..... Thanks for sharing! I wonder how I missed reading them!!

Beth11
:D :D

I LOVE the long, detailed trip reports. I print them out and then curl up with them like a book. I've even gotten choked on more than one occasion reading about everyone's magical times. Yes, I'm a dork, what can I say! :rolleyes:

As a first-time cruiser, I just can't get enough of the trip reports -- the more detailed, the better!! I can't tell you how much they have helped in my planning. Please keep them coming!! :)

-gina-

OK, you asked for it! I'm writing the War and Peace version. I also intend to do a "highlights" summary for quick reading.

Thanks for the replies.

I also love details and picture's. I guess I am Disney obsessed. Even after 23 trips to Disney World and 2 Disney cruises, 3rd one is Jan 13th I can't get enough. I even do Disney searches on the web hopping to find new links of cruise reports that I haven't read yet. Keep the reports coming, we can all learn something new from someone elses experience.

I love trip reports but not the responses from other dis'ers. Just write your own report. I dont need input from others interrupting the flow of the report. I just skip over anything not a part of the original report. I enjoy details and small file pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter