Trip to Paris

czycropper

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to plan going to Paris in July for a college reunion but would like for my family to go and visit Disneyland Paris while I'm at the reunion activities, I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping someone can answer:

1. What is the best/cheap airline from NYC?
2. How far is the Park from downtown Paris? Is accessible by Metro?
3. How crowded is the Park at that time, we'll must likely leave on July 4th and return July 11th since my reunion is July 7-9.
4. Do you think is a good idea for me to go with the family? I'm bi-lingual (Spanish/English) and can get by with the little Franch I know but my DH and girls are not at all!

TIA :)

How far is the Park from downtown Paris? Is accessible by Metro?

You can get round Paris by metro, and then from the city you take the RER A line in the direction of Marne La Vallee - Chessy (which is also the station at DLP) and it takes about 30 - 40 minutes. Here is a map of the RER system.

How crowded is the Park at that time, we'll must likely leave on July 4th and return July 11th since my reunion is July 7-9.

It will probably be pretty busy as the French school holidays start on the 4th.

Do you think is a good idea for me to go with the family? I'm bi-lingual (Spanish/English) and can get by with the little Franch I know but my DH and girls are not at all!

You'll all be fine!! Of course the CMs appreciate an effort to speak French if you can, but it isn't essential!!! I should know!!! ;)

czycropper said:
I'm trying to plan going to Paris in July for a college reunion but would like for my family to go and visit Disneyland Paris while I'm at the reunion activities, I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping someone can answer:

1. What is the best/cheap airline from NYC?

Sorry i can not help with this. maybe you could look at expedia.com

2. How far is the Park from downtown Paris? Is accessible by Metro?

Its about 35minutes from the centre of paris on the train and it is easy to use.

3. How crowded is the Park at that time, we'll must likely leave on July 4th and return July 11th since my reunion is July 7-9.

This is the summer season so expect to see some crowds, however i don't think the british schools have closed then,not to sure about the french schools however i think that they would have closed for the summer.its best not to go at the weekend.

4. Do you think is a good idea for me to go with the family? I'm bi-lingual (Spanish/English) and can get by with the little Franch I know but my DH and girls are not at all!

You do not really need to be able to speak french. a few of the rides are in french however its not really a mayor problem and most are bi-lingual as they have headphones. all the cm that we came across spoke english, they are signs and maps that are in english .

TIA :)

hope this helps

You do not really need to be able to speak french. a few of the rides are in french however its not really a mayor problem and most are bi-lingual as they have headphones. all the cm that we came across spoke english, they are signs and maps that are in english .

Doh - silly me!!! I didn't think of it like that!!! Yes, you will be able to understand most of what goes on. Rides like Phantom Manor and Star Tours do the narration just in French, but it doesn't really detract from the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter