Trip to the World

dw123

DW Fan
Thursday, March 22, 2018:

I had to make a quick trip for work to Orlando, so I brought my son and daughter with me for a couple days of fun. We arrived in Orlando a little after 7:00pm. We had thought about eating somewhere at Disney, but the Car Rental line was brutal. I waited and the kids ate in the Food Court - and then so did I! We got our car and drove over to the Dolphin - first time. We first stopped at Goodings to pick up some things. Store is nice and prices fine, but it is brutal getting out of there - took forever. Finally got to the hotel and checked in. Kids crashed, and I went out around 11:00 to take some picture, which was nice.

Friday, March 23, 2018:
MK was opening with Extra Magic Hours at 7, so we got up early, ate some donuts, and headed out. We rode the monorail in, and got inside the MK just after opening. We went straight to the Seven Dwarves Mine, and got right in. After that we went right to Astro Orbiter, which we hadn't ridden for years. We did the teacups twice - still no one there, then headed over to Peter Pan, which unfortunately was down. We did the Haunted Mansoin went to Pirates, and Magic Carpets, then BTMRR, Splash Mountain, and BTMRR again. We got on the train and got off at fantasy land, and walked around a bit. We did the People Mover, some shopping and then Space Mountain (which my son loved). We went to Casey's for lunch (which was packed), and headed out of dodge. Went back to the hotel for an afternoon of swimming. That night we walked to the Boardwalk and ate at ESPN (watched a little March Madness too!), then went home an crashed.

Saturday, March 24, 2018:
AK was opening with Extra Magic Hours at 7, so once again we got up early and headed out. Got there and went right to the line for Flight of Passage. It was great! We then got in the line for the Navi River Ride, which was very disappointing. We bought a Banchee, and headed to Asia. We rode Kali, and then Everest - a first for my son (didn't like it). My daughter rode it 2 more times, then we went to Dinoland, where we rode Triceratops spin and Primevil Whirl twice. We ate lunch at Pizzafari - a favorite - did a little shopping - and headed out. Did the pool for a while, then came back and ate dinner the the AK Rainforest Cafe. It was slow, and we all started tiring out, so we just headed out. My daughter was flying back to college on an early flight, so we got a hotel near the airport - and crashed there.

Sunday March 25:
Got my daughter on her early flight, and then my son and I spent the day at Universal Islands of Adventure - a first. We did just about everything, and had a great time. We stayed at a Hampton Inn on International Blvd that night, and really just watched a movie and crashed.

Monday, March 26:
My son and I drove to AKL, and took the bus to AK where we ate breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe - a first. It was good. While we there we checked the wait times on rides, and it was now Easter week, and the Flights of Passage had a 4 hour wait at 9:00am! We took a snapshot of that! We then headed back to AKL and walked around, saw a bunch of animals and re-familiarized ourselves with the hotel, then got in the car and headed to the airport.

Great, quick trip - had a lot of fun - and a number of firsts - which was great.

I enjoyed reading your trip report. Quick trip but you did a lot of attractions. AKL is a beautiful resort, isn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!