• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

trip with 5 month old?

skoba-nelson

Back Off, I'm Grumpy
DW and I are planning a Jan or Feb trip with our new DS. We will be taking a baby carrier. What rides has everyone done while holding their infant or using a baby carrier? I realize It's A Small World and other obvious rides are ok, but what about the not-so obvious ones, like Spaceship Earth or Peter Pan for example. Thanks in advance.

My youngest dd was 6 mths when she went to WDW for the first time. I used a sling and it was great. The only ride I would not go on would be the Astro Orbiter. I had never been on that ride before so I didn't know what to expect. It really scared me and I told my older dd to stop making it go up and down. I just held on to the baby in the sling and closed my eyes. Have a great trip:D We're planning on taking a trip the last week in January to celebrate my baby's 2nd Bday:)

I went on holiday woth my mum, dad and my sister who was about 3 month. it was hard as one of us always had to stay off the ride to stay with her so if you are wiling to stay of the ride with your baby then do it

I_love_donald_duck

You shouldn't really have any problems on any rides that don't have a height restriction. The baby will be safe in your carrier or sling. Like Mirlow mentioned, you might want to stay off rides that go around in circles. Even if you can hold on to the baby tightly, that may be a little too much force on the baby's head. But otherwise you shouldn't run into too many problems.

We took our dd when she was 6 months and I wore her the whole time in the Baby Bjorn. I kept her in the carrier on every ride we rode-which was almost everything except ones with a height restriction. I highly recommend the Bjorn. DD was about 17 pounds and I had no problems with her weight.

Have fun!

edited to add that my dd nursed through and fell asleep in spaceship earth!

We went went our ds was 9 mos old. We took the stroller and carried him on everything else. The trip with smoother than I thought. We took him on everything that didn't have a height requirment(I think) and the ones that did we switched off. It was so easy and having a baby with us didn't hamper the trip in anyway. I also nursed my son on most of the dark rides and the shows so we didn't even have to stop very often or at all to nurse. I did bring 2 bottles to the park for times I couldn't nurse him. My son was too heavy for a carrier back then.
Enjoy your trip.

I am glad to see that these trips work. We are planning to go next summer when DS will be 5 months. I don't mind sitting off some of the rides since DW did it this summer when she was pregnant with DS. I guess it will be my turn next year.

This helps a lot. We are planning a big trip 1/2004 and we will have our first with us (7 month old at that point), we will also have a handful of grandparents, but I want to do most things with the baby.

Great tips about the Bjorn. We registered for one. We will have to see what this kid weighs at that point.

We went in September when my DS was only 4months. We had one of those baby carrier thingies but didn't use it at all! It was like WAY hot and it would make me hot to wear it so I couldn't imagine how hot it would've made him...even though it was suppose to have a "stay cool" lining. We took him on all the rides that didn't have hight requirments. He LOVED Winnie the Pooh! He also really like Pirates. Some people think I'm crazy and say there's no way an infant can really enjoy it, but those people are WRONG! DS absolutly had a good time. We took our own stroller and carrier seat. We stayed at the Poly which was on the monorail. The only problem we had was when we had to get on a bus. We would have to take the carrier seat off the stroller part and fold up the stroller. On the monorail you can just roll it on. We did Dumbo and Haunted Mansion and he had no problems at all. Just be sure to hunt down the baby stations when you first get to the parks. Those are helpful. One thing I didn't take that I wish I had taken was my bottle warmer...I sure do wish I had taken that because the poor little man had cold cerial for breakfast every morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter