Tripod in the parks

Zentra

Mouseketeer
Under the requirements for allowing tripods in the parks, it says must fit in a bag (backpack) but doesn't say if it has to be in a backpack. We just bought a new tripod as our old one was about 22 inches long and didn't fit into lockers or a bag. Our new one is 15.6 inches long and can fit in a bag, we just don't have a bag. It can be attached to a bag on the outside but our camera bag doesn't have room to fit it inside, and we don't use any other backpacks. Can someone please offer their thoughts on this and what they do?

Thank you!

Mine actually came in its own small bag. That bag will fit inside my backpack, but I never put it in there. Just carry it over my shoulder and put it out to be inspected separately. I've never had issue with it.

Mine actually came in its own small bag. That bag will fit inside my backpack, but I never put it in there. Just carry it over my shoulder and put it out to be inspected separately. I've never had issue with it.

Thank you! Ours also has it's own little bag, so we will make sure to use that.

+1 for this. I've also just hand carried my tripod in without a bag and had no issues.

Under the requirements for allowing tripods in the parks, it says must fit in a bag (backpack) but doesn't say if it has to be in a backpack. We just bought a new tripod as our old one was about 22 inches long and didn't fit into lockers or a bag. Our new one is 15.6 inches long and can fit in a bag, we just don't have a bag. It can be attached to a bag on the outside but our camera bag doesn't have room to fit it inside, and we don't use any other backpacks. Can someone please offer their thoughts on this and what they do?

Thank you!

Mounting your tripod on the outside of a bag or backpack, as long as it matches the collapsed size parameters of being of a size to fit in a backpack is no issue at all. I've been mounting my tripod that is 21-1/2" collapsed on the outside of multiple bags for years without any issues at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!