Trolleys?!

ShesAPirate

DIS Veteran
I just watched the Kaht Kam tour of MK, and saw 2 trolleys going down Main Street. As many times as I've been to Disney, I've never seen a trolley before! Anyone have more info? Thanks! :)

I just watched the Kaht Kam tour of MK, and saw 2 trolleys going down Main Street. As many times as I've been to Disney, I've never seen a trolley before! Anyone have more info? Thanks! :)

they usually run early in the morning when crowds are lighter

they are an "A" ticket... and once the afternoon heat sets in the horses don't work that hard, they hang out in the shade over near Fort Wilderness.

they are an "A" ticket... and once the afternoon heat sets in the horses don't work that hard, they hang out in the shade over near Fort Wilderness.

How do they transport the horses from MK to FW and vice versa? I guess they use a horse trailer but does anyone know for sure?

Ah, they're an early-morning thing... that would explain why I've never seen them before ;)

Do they let people ride on them? What is the route they travel?

Thanks for the info so far!

yup a horse trailer.

The route they travel is the tracks in the pavement... there is no non smart alec way to say that is there? But they loop around the flag pole in front of the train station, to a loop around the hub.

If you time it right in the mornings (which I am doubting you'll be up this early) their is a trolly show, where singers and dancer hang off as it moves down main st... do a little number and presentation, then ride off. You can find the times for it on steve soars web site (google "steve soars").

If you missed the trolley, then you've missed one of my favorite songs - All Aboard! and The Welcome Medley. I just love that medley...I bought the official album just for that song.

I googled it to see if someone had a video out there and sure 'nuff, I found this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA842YIBRPI&feature=related
Not the best quality, but decent sound and it brings back great memories. :goodvibes

If you missed the trolley, then you've missed one of my favorite songs - All Aboard! and The Welcome Medley. I just love that medley...I bought the official album just for that song.

I googled it to see if someone had a video out there and sure 'nuff, I found this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA842YIBRPI&feature=related
Not the best quality, but decent sound and it brings back great memories. :goodvibes

Thanks for linking that video. It just might inspire me to get up early and go see it all happen in person. My husband and I haven't been park commandos since our 2nd trip together, but maybe we can do one day of early-rising next time :)

yup a horse trailer.

The route they travel is the tracks in the pavement... there is no non smart alec way to say that is there? But they loop around the flag pole in front of the train station, to a loop around the hub.

If you time it right in the mornings (which I am doubting you'll be up this early) their is a trolly show, where singers and dancer hang off as it moves down main st... do a little number and presentation, then ride off. You can find the times for it on steve soars web site (google "steve soars").

Haha, don't worry about sounding smart-alecky. I guess I just assumed that those tracks were from years ago, not used anymore, and never really paid attention to where they went :blush:

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for linking that video. It just might inspire me to get up early and go see it all happen in person. My husband and I haven't been park commandos since our 2nd trip together, but maybe we can do one day of early-rising next time :)

:rotfl2: ME TOO! I don't see them often either as we do not get up early either! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter