Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think it’s a given it’ll get modified by that path. I’m biased against the speedway because I’m not the target audience, I just feel like there’s so much they could use that land for

The target audience for the Speedway and/or an updated version is 3-12 year old children. That was a key demographic Walt had in mind when he envisioned all of this. I get that people want more thrill rides, but they don't all have to come at the expense of other things that are still very popular with kids.

The target audience for the Speedway and/or an updated version is 3-12 year old children. That was a key demographic Walt had in mind when he envisioned all of this. I get that people want more thrill rides, but they don't all have to come at the expense of other things that are still very popular with kids.
I’m not saying it has to be a “thrill” ride, but the speedway is a slow loader, has a massive geographic footprint, and I can imagine not fun to maintain. I’m all for putting an attraction for all ages in that space, I just feel like the rides time has come and gone. It’s duplicated in every six flags across the country (and done better in a lot of cases)

Im all for removing the speedway, I understand how people feel it is for kids and as such parents dont want it gone but, this is a big but, we have more than enough kid focused rides on that side of the park, I can think of at least 5 within a 5 minute walk that are more kid friendly then adult friendly and by 5 minute walk, I am talking a 5 minute crawl with heavy crowds.

I agree that ride is outdated and the footprint is to large. Because it is in the center of a area though I dont see a show building being built there that is overly large, but it doesnt mean we cant have a show building that is uniquely shaped and well themed all around or even perhaps a new Restaurant there.

Im all for removing the speedway, I understand how people feel it is for kids and as such parents dont want it gone but, this is a big but, we have more than enough kid focused rides on that side of the park, I can think of at least 5 within a 5 minute walk that are more kid friendly then adult friendly and by 5 minute walk, I am talking a 5 minute crawl with heavy crowds.

I agree that ride is outdated and the footprint is to large. Because it is in the center of a area though I dont see a show building being built there that is overly large, but it doesnt mean we cant have a show building that is uniquely shaped and well themed all around or even perhaps a new Restaurant there.
In a perfect world they could cover over the speedway, convert the cars away from gas, and make it blacklight, air conditioned and more exciting, while also creating space on top of it.

With that unrealistic proposal being said, I agree with all your points

It's my 5-year-old's favorite attraction. I think it's different than many of the kid attractions nearby (Pooh, Tea Cups, Dumbo), which are more kiddie rides and aren't nearly as exciting to a 5-10 year old. Driving cars at Six Flags was one of my favorite things when I was that age too. It's a nice "in-between" ride so if it's replaced, I'd like to see something similar in appeal.

In a perfect world they could cover over the speedway, convert the cars away from gas, and make it blacklight, air conditioned and more exciting, while also creating space on top of it.

That sounds like it'd be fun.

The biggest, most genuine, smiles I see at Disney come from kids that just got to 'drive' their parents around. Update the attraction? Go for it. Remove the attraction? That would be a big mistake.

It's my 5-year-old's favorite attraction. I think it's different than many of the kid attractions nearby (Pooh, Tea Cups, Dumbo), which are more kiddie rides and aren't nearly as exciting to a 5-10 year old. Driving cars at Six Flags was one of my favorite things when I was that age too. It's a nice "in-between" ride so if it's replaced, I'd like to see something similar in appeal.

I agree - and same for my kids. Plus I believe it has the lowest height restriction among rides that have a height restriction so it always has been a bit of a milestone moment when each of my kids was tall enough to ride

Personally I would love them to retheme to to be a bit Tron like and change to electric cars vs replacing the attraction entirely

The biggest, most genuine, smiles I see at Disney come from kids that just got to 'drive' their parents around. Update the attraction? Go for it. Remove the attraction? That would be a big mistake.

I agree - and same for my kids. Plus I believe it has the lowest height restriction among rides that have a height restriction so it always has been a bit of a milestone moment when each of my kids was tall enough to ride

Personally I would love them to retheme to to be a bit Tron like and change to electric cars vs replacing the attraction entirely

I really believe the best thing they can do besides nixing the Diesel engines is to I steal a covering of sort (even an awning type structure). That ride is such a hot box from the queue to the attraction itself, and I always feel sympathy for the poor cast members baking in the sun working it

I really believe the best thing they can do besides nixing the Diesel engines is to I steal a covering of sort (even an awning type structure). That ride is such a hot box from the queue to the attraction itself, and I always feel sympathy for the poor cast members baking in the sun working it

Be hard to cover the whole thing but at least the queue and load/unload area would be good

If you want them to keep it then I want it completely underground Aka put a show building around it that looks like its a hill or something. Call it tunnel Driving and use that park space to make more money, move more guests by putting something else on top

Pretty sure they are gasoline--- which is worse, and better......

And I agree... torture ride.

If you want them to keep it then I want it completely underground Aka put a show building around it that looks like its a hill or something. Call it tunnel Driving and use that park space to make more money, move more guests by putting something else on top
I am pretty much sure that will never happen, the cost of doing something like that would be phenomenal and it would take away a lot of the little atmosphere that the ride presently has.

I thought it would be cool if they could sort of replicate the Tron cycle and make it child friendly for the Speedway. While having fun playing Imagineer, I can imagine certain sections being enclosed while others not.

The problem I see with an onboard electric powered vehicle is the brutal heat. Track temperatures has to be "off the charts".

I see that work is proceeding on the new coaster (saw a couple of postings on social media about construction/closing the railroad).

Great addition ... and is it just me, or does Magic Kingdom always seem to get the best stuff and the best upgrades?

I know that Star Wars land is a Really Big Thing due to the size and the super-popular IP, but I think that an awesome coaster (BTMRR, Space Mountain, 7DMT), flume (Splash) or long, elaborate dark ride (Pirates, Haunted Mansion) is better than any 3 or 4 (let alone 2) simulator rides any day.

Nice to see that stone-cold "worth billions" IP with $ynergi$tic toy $ale$ and sequel tie-ins is still not necessary in any way to create a really awesome theme park land or ride.

I see that work is proceeding on the new coaster (saw a couple of postings on social media about construction/closing the railroad).

Great addition ... and is it just me, or does Magic Kingdom always seem to get the best stuff and the best upgrades?

I know that Star Wars land is a Really Big Thing due to the size and the super-popular IP, but I think that an awesome coaster (BTMRR, Space Mountain, 7DMT), flume (Splash) or long, elaborate dark ride (Pirates, Haunted Mansion) is better than any 3 or 4 (let alone 2) simulator rides any day.

Nice to see that stone-cold "worth billions" IP with $ynergi$tic toy $ale$ and sequel tie-ins is still not necessary in any way to create a really awesome theme park land or ride.
I've been so excited for Tron, the ride looks awesome!
Just wanted to add that one of the 2 SW rides will be an elaborate dark ride, not a simulator.

I've been so excited for Tron, the ride looks awesome!
Just wanted to add that one of the 2 SW rides will be an elaborate dark ride, not a simulator.

Thumbs up on the elaborate dark ride! Can't wait. Hope the AAs work consistently :rotfl:

And wikipedia says Tron is the "fastest Disney roller coaster" at 60 mph. With no inversions or (I assume) other gut-wrenching or neck-breaking features. Gotta like that.

I’ve told my friends out of the four major attraction announcements at d23 last year for world, tron is without a doubt my most anticipated. Being an animation dork I’m so familiar with the light cycle scenes seeing them in animation documentaries. When Shanghai had theirs announced I was jealous, as the light cycles as a coaster to me was an amazing concept. The fact that it’s coming here overwhelms me. If o knew more about guardians, less about ratatouille (I had the blueprints for the ride a year before the original opened) and runaway railway did not use mickeys new design I still think I would be more excited for tron, solely because I’ve always wanted to experience it.

Ok actual stuff to post about I’m excited to see it finally rise. Ratatouille and guardians have risen so fast it’s amazing to see this just starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter