Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea about when they will open, but the guardians construction so far is just a large commercial building.... the ride construction hasn't started as far as I can see from the photos..... The easy stuff is going fast....
I think the last thing I read was they’re putting the building up first so the track layout isn’t leaked. Although the launch tunnel has its supports

Do we have any idea what the Guardians building will look like? I wonder if it will have wacky textures like in Anaheim.

I dunno- it sure does loom over the area at least as much as The Land or Imagination does. And it's *super* visible from the monorail.

Kind of blew my mind how well they used forced perspective in this. What looks overpowering and gauche from outside fits in nicely from inside the park. I was worried it would take away from Spaceship Earth.

Do we have any idea what the Guardians building will look like? I wonder if it will have wacky textures like in Anaheim.

It won’t be that well themed as it’s not out in the open.

I dont' think it needs to be too highly themed from the outside - most of the Future World buildings are pretty plain on the outside (set up more like Pavilions that don't give away what's inside) ... just a key, unique architectural element to eat (glass pyramid, dome, etc.) - so I would *think* they would follow that model

I'm betting once this is completed, Space Mountain will either be removed or get a major overhaul. It's long overdue, but even I wouldn't want it to happen unless there's something equally entertaining to replace it while it's down.
I agree, I do love that ride but it’s time for an upgrade!!

I agree, I do love that ride but it’s time for an upgrade!!

I'm on the fence ... it's a classic ride and even if they never touched it I would still do it multiple times on every trip.

But it could be so much better with more comfortable vehicles, better track and all kinds of visual and sound/music effects. Instead of 2 fairly tiny coasters they could build 1 large coaster with dual seating and presumably equal or greater capacity. On google maps I measured MK Space Mountain building at 100 meters diameter vs. Disneyland Paris at 80 meters so they could build something pretty impressive. There is even room around the building for scenic excursions or an accelerator launch. There are the problems/cost of punching holes in the concrete structure though.

Even if they do nothing, Tron and Space Mountain (as-is) will compliment each other in a cool way ... old school and brand-spanking new technology.

. I get the sense that once the 50th is done, Tomorrowland Speedway is on the chopping block.

I hope not!

I went to Disneyland 3 times as a kid: 2, 8, and 14. I remember nothing from my 2 year old trip and from the 8 year old trip I remember 3 things: Astro orbiter, autopia, and the dinosaur train.

I'm on the fence ... it's a classic ride and even if they never touched it I would still do it multiple times on every trip.

But it could be so much better with more comfortable vehicles, better track and all kinds of visual and sound/music effects. Instead of 2 fairly tiny coasters they could build 1 large coaster with dual seating and presumably equal or greater capacity. On google maps I measured MK Space Mountain building at 100 meters diameter vs. Disneyland Paris at 80 meters so they could build something pretty impressive. There is even room around the building for scenic excursions or an accelerator launch. There are the problems/cost of punching holes in the concrete structure though.

Even if they do nothing, Tron and Space Mountain (as-is) will compliment each other in a cool way ... old school and brand-spanking new technology.

I would be upset if they just got rid of Space Mountain ... but if they redid it to make it more like Disneyland's (with the larger cars and music in the head rest .... and better ability to do projections for overlays) I would be happy with that

I hope not!

I went to Disneyland 3 times as a kid: 2, 8, and 14. I remember nothing from my 2 year old trip and from the 8 year old trip I remember 3 things: Astro orbiter, autopia, and the dinosaur train.

I guess it really depends on the quality of the update(s) that has been discussed for it. I hope they keep it as it gives children a chance to drive a car.

Getting back to Tron, I am stoked about it. I am no longer interested in inversion coasters, but this layout/theme looks incredible.

I was at Shanghai Disneyland on Monday and loved the Tron ride. I have never seen the movies but I literally rode it 7 times. I’m super psyched it’s coming to Florida! So much fun.
I was wondering if it would still be appealing to those not familiar with the movie!!

I just watched a video of the ride too. Very very cool. Didn’t realize it was an inside and outside coaster. Thought it was totally inside. I felt like it was an updated space mountain. The cues even reminded me of space mountain was updated. Looks very cool!

I was wondering if it would still be appealing to those not familiar with the movie!!
The ride has very little to do with the movie. Its simply a thrill ride where you are on a vehicle that looks like a tron cycle.

I'm in the minority, but I would hate if they "upgraded" Space Mountain. The low to the ground seats are what make it so fun. You really feel all the quick dips and turns, which is amazing considering how slow the ride actually is. I'm a coaster junkie, and while it's obviously not a world class coaster, I really appreciate it for what it is and the history of it. Making it more like RnR or DLR's Space would just cheapen it IMO. It wouldn't bring it up to world class standards of current coasters, nor would it have the charm of a historic achievement of it's time. Now if they can figure out a way to add music and screens without touching the track and ride vehicles, I'd be on board for that. Oh...and bring back the bouncy sidewalk!

I'm in the minority, but I would hate if they "upgraded" Space Mountain. The low to the ground seats are what make it so fun. You really feel all the quick dips and turns, which is amazing considering how slow the ride actually is. I'm a coaster junkie, and while it's obviously not a world class coaster, I really appreciate it for what it is and the history of it. Making it more like RnR or DLR's Space would just cheapen it IMO. It wouldn't bring it up to world class standards of current coasters, nor would it have the charm of a historic achievement of it's time. Now if they can figure out a way to add music and screens without touching the track and ride vehicles, I'd be on board for that. Oh...and bring back the bouncy sidewalk!

I mostly agree with this though I think the track needs an overhaul to more modern standards. It is incredibly rough and, because they continue to slow it down as it ages, it has lost a lot of the zip that made those low slung, single seat, ride vehicles so much fun. I'd love music, I'd love a bit more theme throughout the ride, but I'd really love if the ride was able to go to its full speed and not cause back problems.

And yes, bring back the bouncy walkway. What a tragic loss...

I mostly agree with this though I think the track needs an overhaul to more modern standards. It is incredibly rough and, because they continue to slow it down as it ages, it has lost a lot of the zip that made those low slung, single seat, ride vehicles so much fun. I'd love music, I'd love a bit more theme throughout the ride, but I'd really love if the ride was able to go to its full speed and not cause back problems.

And yes, bring back the bouncy walkway. What a tragic loss...
Yes the track needs a major redo. Music would be a great addition as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter