Tron - Construction Site

So maybe the reason the reclaimed vehicles are sitting outside SM having the drive trains removed is to save the bodies and re fit them with electric drive instead of gasoline?.........

Not Tron location related but does anyone know what the land that is being cleared behind MK on Floridian way before you reach Grand Floridian is for.

Not Tron location related but does anyone know what the land that is being cleared behind MK on Floridian way before you reach Grand Floridian is for.
New road to bypass the back of MK.

Capture.png

It's been quite some time since I've been to Disneyland, but I believe the train tunnels/dioramas were created out of the need to "hide" the real world from guests. In this Bing Maps image, you can see the two diorama buildings between Tomorrowland, Harbor Blvd, and the what's now a bus loop.

disneyland-train-tunnels.jpg

Second and more importantly, I don't think there is room. The Disneyland trains have guests riding sideways and only seeing into the park. The Disney World trains have guests facing forward. That means they'd have to have something to see on both sides of the train. The buildings above would need to be maybe twice as large.

Actually, (not that it is a big deal!) there is at least one train at DL that has forward facing seats. I much prefer the side facing cars, however.:)

We took the train last week and I kept trying to visualize where this was going to go. I was unsuccessful, which is why I'm not an imagineer!

We could smell all of the cigarette smoke from the train. It would be nice if they moved the smoking section once this is built so everyone could enjoy that beautiful pathway.

We took the train last week and I kept trying to visualize where this was going to go. I was unsuccessful, which is why I'm not an imagineer!

We could smell all of the cigarette smoke from the train. It would be nice if they moved the smoking section once this is built so everyone could enjoy that beautiful pathway.

They will definitely move the smoking section once Tron is built.

Will this be effecting the back pathways near Space Mountain? It's always been a nice little quiet area to escape from the chaos that is Magic Kingdom. Will the construction take this area away? And when will it begin?
Construction will probably start in late 2018 when toy story land is finished and crowds are low

Agreed, I also couldn't visualise how it could fit in from the mockup. Really hope this isn't going to be a smaller version

Come to think about it, is this the first thing ever considered for that specific site next to space mountain? I've never read or seen any proposed rides there

Come to think about it, is this the first thing ever considered for that specific site next to space mountain? I've never read or seen any proposed rides there

i can't really think of anything specific ... beyond the originally planned Persian Hotel for on the shores of Bay Lake that would have had a monorail spur that connected to it and then went through Tomorrowland - either at or near that land

5d25ca92c5e83f73b20c3db063656bdd--walt-disney-world-orlando-disney-parks.jpg

i can't really think of anything specific ... beyond the originally planned Persian Hotel for on the shores of Bay Lake that would have had a monorail spur that connected to it and then went through Tomorrowland - either at or near that land

5d25ca92c5e83f73b20c3db063656bdd--walt-disney-world-orlando-disney-parks.jpg
That concept of the Magic Kingdom looks covered in water. I guess that site would've been the motor boat cruise that land had around the time of worlds development

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter