Tron - Construction Site

So maybe the reason the reclaimed vehicles are sitting outside SM having the drive trains removed is to save the bodies and re fit them with electric drive instead of gasoline?.........

And note the narrator referred to gas powered autotopia vehicles from HK.

Has there been any word on the Tron coaster? I assume construction hasn't started yet or there'd be photos somewhere.

Has there been any word on the Tron coaster? I assume construction hasn't started yet or there'd be photos somewhere.

Construction has just started - there were sites of the purple flags which are for land layout and then some walls just went up in Tomorrowland to block out the area

24418539228_319841a83e_o.jpg

38257628222_fe8853cb5d_o.jpg

Seems the people mover might have some better views, unless they throw some canvas over the pathways.

I haven't seen any permits for this project yet. Based on where it is going it will probably need Water Management permits which would precede and actual construction by at least several months.

I haven't seen any permits for this project yet. Based on where it is going it will probably need Water Management permits which would precede and actual construction by at least several months.
Wait I thought you retired from that job? ;)

Dan, you must be slipping. I would think they'd have some permits in the works by now.

If it's not due to open prior to 2021, they've got plenty of time.
They have the time, no doubt. Just find it odd they are doing the construction walls and flagging, before we see permits. The flagging itself isn't huge, it's akin to height balloons. It's the wall that is curious. A wall usually means some sort of reason to keep the public behind it.

They have the time, no doubt. Just find it odd they are doing the construction walls and flagging, before we see permits. The flagging itself isn't huge, it's akin to height balloons. It's the wall that is curious. A wall usually means some sort of reason to keep the public behind it.

We don't know for sure that the wall has anything to do with this project. It may also be something preliminary that needs to be done before actual construction can begin.

I was able to ride Tron in Shanghai last month. Intense. Then again I'm not a coaster fan.

Anyway, its in a very large building there, with part of it "outside" but under cover. I'll see if I can post a short video. I wonder if the outside part will actually go over the raceway.

Tron
by jalves_02360, on Flickr

Since it is such a large building, it will be interesting to see if maybe we can walk through it and possibly the coaster could ride over our heads. I would love for this to happen and I think it would create an amazing experience.

I was able to ride Tron in Shanghai last month. Intense. Then again I'm not a coaster fan.

Anyway, its in a very large building there, with part of it "outside" but under cover. I'll see if I can post a short video. I wonder if the outside part will actually go over the raceway.

Tron
by jalves_02360, on Flickr
I don’t believe it’s supposed to.

Since it is such a large building, it will be interesting to see if maybe we can walk through it and possibly the coaster could ride over our heads. I would love for this to happen and I think it would create an amazing experience.
That is the way its set up in Shanghai. If you click on the picture it will take you to my Flickr page and you can then play the video.

That is the way its set up in Shanghai. If you click on the picture it will take you to my Flickr page and you can then play the video.

I didn’t know that; that’s awesome! Unfortunately I don’t think I will be making it over to Shanghai anytime soon so I really hope they do a great job with this ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter