TRON Lightcycle Roller Coaster May Be Headed to U.S. Disney Parks

I think it's quite doubtful for Disneyland.

Maybe for WDW but even then there are other plans on the table right now for tomorrowland.

I know I would like to see it over here. However, I don't know if I exactly agree with where they would put it. If it was going to be made, I think it would work better in Future World at EPCOT (in place of Ellen's Energy Adventure). I say that, because EPCOT is the only park at WDW without a rollercoaster. At Disneyland, I think the Hollywood section in DCA would be best. I don't think there would be enough space if they built it where Innoventions (Star Wars Launch Bay) is now.

I think the problem is Tron is a very niche market more so then a lot of other Disney properties. It does well with the crowd that is a fan of something like it but not so with others. The second movie only got made because the idea did well ant comic con, the TV series didn't relly do well and a third film is pretty much off the table at this point. Plus people have a dislike of the new version of Test Track because it's Tron like.

I think the ride itself could easily be dropped into Epcot or HS. As for the movie, well no one riding Splash Mountain has ever seen Song of the South and liked it, people just like the ride.

Anything in EPCOT would improve it:
Ratatouille in France (there's room back there for expansion, I think it'd have to replace Impressions de France)
Swiss Bobsled coaster (there's room east of Germany, a little less area than Test Track)

These two improvements could make World Showcase a full park day and give some equity to the gondola system being put in.

Move all of the popular DisneyQuest attractions to Innoventions, help out Future World.

Anything in EPCOT would improve it:
Ratatouille in France (there's room back there for expansion, I think it'd have to replace Impressions de France)
Swiss Bobsled coaster (there's room east of Germany, a little less area than Test Track)

Adding to that, I still think that they need to resurrect "Mr Toad Wild Ride" and stick it in the UK pavilion as it would fit in so well.

Not to steal the OP's thunder, but back in 2099 I was telling the DIS about Tron being developed for WDW. In fact, most of what I mentioned is now spot on. Funny how its just happening now. I also spoke about how Disney would have a relationship with Marvel Comics, long before that deal ever took place. (Ah yes... the good old days of working indirectly with Disney)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-sci-fi-fans-get-ready.2290147/

Not to steal the OP's thunder, but back in 2099 I was telling the DIS about Tron being developed for WDW. In fact, most of what I mentioned is now spot on. Funny how its just happening now. I also spoke about how Disney would have a relationship with Marvel Comics, long before that deal ever took place. (Ah yes... the good old days of working indirectly with Disney)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-sci-fi-fans-get-ready.2290147/
You come from the future? ;)

Adding to that, I still think that they need to resurrect "Mr Toad Wild Ride" and stick it in the UK pavilion as it would fit in so well.

Italy needs the most help, but I can't think of anything.

In order to make World Showcase a full day "park", the UK pavilion would have to go big and add a "Through the Looking Glass" dark ride comparable to Curse of DarKastle at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Doesn't matter how successful the film, a big attraction is needed there. Make the courtyard and gazebo stage part of the queue. If they need more room for it, tear down part of the 60,000 sq ft Millennium Village (they can't be using ALL of that for F&W Festival).

With addition to Ratatouille 3D in France, a Werner Stengel (while he's still alive)-engineered roller coaster in Germany, I feel like the only thing missing where there's space available would be an addition to Canada, like a log ride. Even though wood is only around 4% of their exports, it is their fastest growing industry over the past 20 years.

So, other than shopping and dining, let's recap:
2019: Canada: O'Canada! + new log ride ($15M) (smaller than Splash)
2022: UK: new dark ride ($100M)
2020:
France: new Ratatouille ride ($100M) (replaces/expands Impressions de France)
Morocco: music show
Tokyo: Taiko drum show
American Adventure: American Gardens Theater + American Adventure
Italy: Flags show
2021: Germany: new roller coaster ($21M)
The Outpost: Drums + Drink station
China: Reflections of China + Acrobats
Norway: Frozen, Frozen, and more Frozen
Mexico: Three Caballeros
Odyssey: special events

Last edited:
You have to take into account families, especially those staying at Beach Club and other Boardwalk resorts. World Showcase (proposed) would now be more attractive to a wider demographic. Teens can now ride a roller coaster or exciting dark ride in the park, dance at the hall, or enjoy the resort pool. Small kids can enjoy a log flume, Frozen, Ratatouille, and Three Caballeros.

You have to take into account families, especially those staying at Beach Club and other Boardwalk resorts. World Showcase (proposed) would now be more attractive to a wider demographic. Teens can now ride a roller coaster or exciting dark ride in the park, dance at the hall, or enjoy the resort pool. Small kids can enjoy a log flume, Frozen, Ratatouille, and Three Caballeros.

I do think that your ideas would do well, and I agree that (as much as I love it) WS could use a bit of updating. I personally would rather have more countries than new attractions, but I do know that for many families, the children just aren't terribly interested in it. We haven't taken our kids to Epcot yet (though we will be next month), so I don't know how mine will do with it.

I really hope this does end up being more than a roumor!! I've seen lots of videos on this ride and it looks absolutely amazing!! I love how they also worked in the Legecy soundtrack by Daft Punk!!

I hope this doesn't happen. The fun thing about having parks around the world is having unique attractions in each of them. I understand the cost savings of cloning rides, but i wish they would just come up with new ideas to make each park special.

That ride sounds cool, but not as cool as my dark ride idea: "Brother Bear's Escape from Taxidermy"

That's got the be the best idea for an attraction name ever.

I think the problem is Tron is a very niche market more so then a lot of other Disney properties.

Me thinks that Tron in attraction form would be a lot like Avatar — an amazing visually driven world from which to create a unique experience. No need to like or even see any of the movies to enjoy an attraction.

I hope this doesn't happen. The fun thing about having parks around the world is having unique attractions in each of them.

Duplicate attractions definitely have their pros and cons, but if something comes from a park outside the states I feel a lot better about it, especially since I highly doubt I'll make it to China. Let's just forget about Lights Motors Action, okay?

I think the problem is Tron is a very niche market more so then a lot of other Disney properties.

A great attraction is a great attraction. While the love of the associated movie may add to your enjoyment, it by no means is a requirement for enjoying the attraction.

How many people love Splash Mountain that haven't seen Song of the South?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!