Tropical Palms vs. HIFS ???

DebraK

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We are planning a WDW trip for early Feb. or late April 2002. Our top two accomodation considerations are HIFS and Tropical Palms.Has anyone stayed at either of these properties and how would they compare for a family of four? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks, Debbie-Indiana

Tropical palms is great! DH and I stayed there on our last trip to Disney and we could not have been more pleased. The cabins are roomy, some have sleeping lofts for the kids and the bathrooms are good size. There is a dining table in the kitchen are that will seat four and there is a small stove/oven. Microwave and small fridge, and there is a dishwasher! The atmosphere of the place is great, its far enough off of 192 that you hear no traffic noise and a short walk down their private drive will take you to Old Town. I cant tell you how much we really enjoyed staying there. We are going to make reservations there again for our next trip. I have never been to HIFS, but I think your family will like this resort much better than a hotel. :earsboy: :wave:

My kids and I stayed in a 'studio fun suite' at TPFS, and really had a great time. They are spacious, and the layout of the resort is quite nice. My boys loved the pool!

Susanne

I am really getting excited about TPFS!!! I am hearing good things about the resort. . Seems the place is nice and in a great location.I am wondering about the size of the units? Would a 2 bedroom be needed for a family of four or would the smaller cabin work just as well ?Is the commute to the parks easy?How far in dvance to book for late April 2002 trip?How to get a discount? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks again,Debbie-Indiana

We stayed at HIFS last March and thought it was very, very nice. We didn't enjoy the free breakfast as much as I anticipated though. The powdered eggs and plastic silverware probably had something to do with that though. We thought our room was GREAT - but there were just 2 Adults & 1 8 year old. That said, we are going back in early Feb. and have ressies at the Tropical Palms. I read about this place here on the boards, when we got back and thought it sounded like a great alternative! As far as when to book, I called around Memorial day for our Feb. trip and recieved a GREAT rate of $89.00 for the 2 bedroom and 69.00 for a "studio". We booked one of each, since we will have a party of 8 this trip. The rate was a result of an internet discount (they ask you how you heard about them, and if you say on the net they give you this discount) AND an EARLY BOOKING discount! I wish I could remember what the rate was pre-discount, but it didn't stick with me for some reason, sorry. Anyway, the other thing I wanted to let you know is that they explained to me that the SIZE of the two units is identical, the ONLY difference is the presence of private bedrooms or not. So in other words, the "studio" is all one room, while the 2 bedroom has the private bedrooms. Both have the sleeping lofts. I am looking VERY forward to our trip and wish you & yours a WONDERFUL time as well!:) Jamie

Debra,

The smaller unit will probably be fine, although if you are planning to spend a LOT of time in your rooms, the bigger unit will be more comfortable.

We, a family of 3 (and for part of the trip, a friend joined us to make it 4) stayed comfortably in the studio unit. There was a sleeping loft for my boys, which they loved. There are also 2 queen beds. It is a studio, so right next to the beds is a couch, which faces double glass sliding doors, which open onto a HUGE deck. Next to the couch is a dining table, and next to the table is the kitchen, which is small--a half sized fridge, a stovetop, oven, and dishwasher. The bathroom is plain, but adequate, and is just off the kitchen. The sleeping loft is located above the kitchen/bathroom.

The problems I can see you encountering depend a little upon the ages of your children. If they are tween-agers or older, privacy may be an issue. Also, there is only 1 TV in the unit, which can be a problem if you have a combination of night owls and early birds. If you can afford the bigger unit, I'd say go for it--the extra space is always appreciated. If you cannot, I wouldn't sweat it--you'll still have a great time!!

Susanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter