Trouble buying tickets online

a7xmouse

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm going to HKDL for the first time the first week of April. I tried to buy tickets online multiple times with different cards on the HKDL website and it keeps saying that my bank couldn't verify the purchase. (I have Wells Fargo btw). I called my bank and they are saying that Disney is rejecting the payment but the website says Wells Fargo is rejecting it. SO I had my wife, who has a different bank try to buy them and she ran into the same issue. It's so frustrating that its so hard for me to get tickets online cause I had similar issues with Tokyo Disneyland, and ended up having to buy them there. Does anyone have any suggestions for buying the tickets online through the Disney website or how else I can get tickets? Thanks.

Buy them through Klook! It's cheaper than Disney, perfectly legit and you just show them on your phone.

Use ZP710 to get extra money off too.

It's not really important to get tickets beforehand for Hong Kong unless you want to take pictures of Mickey/Minnie before rope drop. So you could just buy them at the ticket booths before the park opens.

HKDL has glitchy IT systems so sometimes changing the browser or switching to a smartphone will solve the problem but they aren't rejecting foreign cards the same way that TDR does. If you've never made an online HKD purchase of this size before on your credit card, it could also be your bank rejecting the purchase. Splitting up your tickets into smaller separate transactions can sometimes solve this issue.

It's not really important to get tickets beforehand for Hong Kong unless you want to take pictures of Mickey/Minnie before rope drop. So you could just buy them at the ticket booths before the park opens.

HKDL has glitchy IT systems so sometimes changing the browser or switching to a smartphone will solve the problem but they aren't rejecting foreign cards the same way that TDR does. If you've never made an online HKD purchase of this size before on your credit card, it could also be your bank rejecting the purchase. Splitting up your tickets into smaller separate transactions can sometimes solve this issue.

Thanks for advice. I tried a few of your suggestions but still no luck. I might just have to buy them at the park unfortunately. I just like being prepared so I don’t have to stand in line when I get there. I read I might also be able to get them at the airport. I’ve read a lot of good things about Klook but idk I’m still hesitant about using a 3rd party site in case I run into any issues.

A few months ago, we ran into the same problems you did - multiples attempts to purchase tickets online, the bank saying that Disney was rejecting the payments, trying different credit cards to no avail. Finally purchased from Klook, had no problems with the tickets. By the way, we also purchased some discounted meal coupons and they scanned them at the gate - very easy. Hope you have a great trip!

I just bought ours through Klook and can see them in the app, so I feel good about it. I tried all weekend to got Tokyo Disney tickets though with zero luck. No matter what I did my cards (yes I tried several) would not go through. I am going to just get them there, but I only have the one day in HKD and didn't want to waste any time buying tickets! Good luck to you. It's frustrating!

Ok thanks guys I appreciate it I finally gave in and just bought them through Klook since I heard so many good things about them. Funny enough my card was getting declined on Klook as well but luckily they take PayPal and that worked fine. Thanks again.

Thank you for asking this. I’ve been having the same issue for 2 days now! Tried 3 different computers/cell phones and 3 different credit cards. Disappointed to not get the $10 merchandise voucher and freebie but now will check that other site mentioned here.

We are going to HK Disney in July, (we'll be on that side of the world visiting family, so we figured might as well!), so I'm trying to research and study up now.

Can I ask a dumb question? What is Klook?

We are going to HK Disney in July, (we'll be on that side of the world visiting family, so we figured might as well!), so I'm trying to research and study up now.

Can I ask a dumb question? What is Klook?

Klook is an app/website where you can book experiences and tickets for various tourist destinations. It's good for people who want to skip lines or don't fancy dealing with a language barrier for example, I've used it to order a portable wifi which I can pick up at Shanghai airport and pre-booked by Hong Kong Disney tickets.

I am in the process of trying to buy tickets online and am having the same issue. Trying multiple browsers on the computer but haven't tried my phone yet. I was really hoping to purchase online because I wanted their two day ticket special offer with merch credit that is only available to purchase online. Has anyone gotten an online purchase to work and if so, what credit card did you use? I'm currently using a Chase Visa. When I had Chase on the phone with me while trying to purchase, it came back as declined due to an address mismatch, but there is no place on the site to enter my address.

I am in the process of trying to buy tickets online and am having the same issue. Trying multiple browsers on the computer but haven't tried my phone yet. I was really hoping to purchase online because I wanted their two day ticket special offer with merch credit that is only available to purchase online. Has anyone gotten an online purchase to work and if so, what credit card did you use? I'm currently using a Chase Visa. When I had Chase on the phone with me while trying to purchase, it came back as declined due to an address mismatch, but there is no place on the site to enter my address.

Lately, HKDL has been trying to use targeted offers but doesn't make it clear that they're targeted. I think that offer is supposed to be for Japanese guests and I doubt you have a credit card issued in Japan. If you have a JCB credit card, you could try using it.

Lately, HKDL has been trying to use targeted offers but doesn't make it clear that they're targeted. I think that offer is supposed to be for Japanese guests and I doubt you have a credit card issued in Japan. If you have a JCB credit card, you could try using it.
Thank you for the reply Gelatoni Fan! That would make a lot of sense but I wish HKD was more clear on that.

I went on Klook at looked at all the ticket options (I didn't realize there was more than just the one day ticket). I see that they have the same deal that they have on the website with the 2 day park ticket and merchandise vouchers. Has anyone purchased and used that option? It is slightly more expensive than buying direct (about $7 USD per ticket) but since I can't seem to get my CC to work, this could be a good option.

We also had difficulties buying tickets online -- multiple calls to Citibank, who said that HKDL was reversing/declining the charges. Thought about purchasing via Klook but wanted the My Disney Fan Play-Shop-Dine 2-day online package (HK$699) for the Ufufy luggage tags and merchandise/dining coupons.

I chatted with a CM online. She told me to try using an incognito window on Chrome. When that didn't work, she said I could go to Guest Relations at HKDL and bring printouts of the MDF account page. We did so and were able to buy the 2-day tickets for HK$699 (instead of the HK$825 cost for a 2-day ticket at the Disney Explorers Lodge and HKDL ticket windows). The Guest Relations CM said she couldn't give us the merchandise and dining coupons, but she did give us a pair of Ufufy luggage tags for each MDF account. We also received HK$10 merchandise coupons in the park for connecting to the HKDL wi-fi and submitting an email address, so that helped too.

Last edited:
we also have issues buying tickets online. Tried every web browser and the app...gives us a error. Despite our credit card company having to send us a code to verify the payment online...still does not process. However, the issue is not our card it's Disney's website producing the error message.

If there're troubles with getting tickets online, it could happen because of some website errors.Iusually buy tickets at Event Tickets Center reviews as they offer a really good service

Because HKDL is closed due to the virus, maybe that is why ticket sales are not working correctly? I don't believe the park has a reopening date yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!