trouble with DVC site??

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
This is all I get.

"You're Almost There!
It may take a moment to complete your request.
Please don't refresh the page or select the back button."

It ran for 5 minutes before I x out . It's probably still running. Will My luggage ever arrive?

The site appears to be unavailable at this time as I couldn’t get on either.

I hope this doesn't happen on Aug 30 when we can book DHS Moonlight Magic. At least we'll all be in the same boat.

Open the Chrome Incognito page, and access the DVC Members site from there. It usually works better. Also, go to your browser settings (whichever browser you are using) and clear the browser cache. It sometimes helps.

Last edited:
The dvc members web site is a piece of s***. Nearly all the time I need to access it to do something there is a problem with it not responding. I almost think going back to using the phone would be faster.

The dvc members web site is a piece of s***. Nearly all the time I need to access it to do something there is a problem with it not responding. I almost think going back to using the phone would be faster.

Or don’t forget the chat feature in the Disney website. You can usually access that easily once you sign in. The cast member on the other side of Chat can do most of the things that you want.

Last edited:

I'm unable to log into the DVC member website any longer using Chrome. It is something I've installed, since when I go into Incognito mode I can log in. Try that.

Yup - shocked :).
1) Clear cookies.
2) Use another browser.
3) Reload Windows :).

Folks? THERE IS NO WEBSITE. There is an ongoing EXPERIMENT, with zero change control. CALL CALL CALL.
Amazon does not do this to you. Amazon has a REAL BUSINESS WEBSITE. One day? Disney will have one.

Today is not that day.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Not able to login via Chrome this evening. Cleared all cookies matching disney, didn't help. Not willing to clear all cookies.

Tried Edge, worked without a hitch.

Grrrrr

Not able to login via Chrome this evening. Cleared all cookies matching disney, didn't help. Not willing to clear all cookies.

Tried Edge, worked without a hitch.

Grrrrr

It is amazing to me that it still has so many problems, with so many browsers.

Disney's website is creative, to a fault. Instead of relying on standard troupes and having the Disney website look like Google designed it, Disney works to make its website feel unique. It makes sense that it faces more challenges, given that Disney designs technology for one company's website, while Google designs technology used on over 975,000 websites.

My employer is now facing the reality that even though we're a big company we cannot possibly compete with regard to technology with companies like Google and Amazon and Microsoft that spend a hundred or a thousands times as much on research and development on web technology as compared to us, because that's their business, while it is just a staff operation at our company. We spend the vast majority of our effort doing our business rather than our website.

I suppose the question is whether we want Disney's website to look like all the others, or are we willing to deal with a little less robustness in exchange for Disney's website having a little Disney magic.

Last edited:
Well, I hope Disney starts higher more staff and better IT management if they want their streaming service to take off. If you have to wait 10 minutes for a movie or show to buffer and then crash, I'm sure the word will get out and people won't buy in. They have a huge catalog of movies and shows so it could be a tremendous revenue stream for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter