Trouble with preordering magic bands ?!

VPro

Earning My Ears
Does anyone has trouble preordering their magic bands ? I know that they will be waiting for us at the resort, which is fine, but after choosing them, I always get a "error has occurred" and my credit card just keeps getting billed 0$?!
(The billing address is automatically filled as the resort address, so I changed it to mine, but it's still not working)

thank you !

How soon is your trip? Could you have missed the deadline for selecting them?

I was able to order the regular bands with no issues. As soon as I tried to order the upgraded bands, I seemed to have payment issues that could not be resolved. Disney will say it’s a stock issue, which I guess is possible, but the bands that we tried to order had been available for at least a week by that point and seemed to be always available. We ended up giving up and just ordering the plain bands.

I haven't tried lately but ordering specialty bands has been glitchy at best. I just kept trying over and over...and over again and eventually I ordered but it took a lot of perseverance. Like weeks of perseverance!

I had chosen the Cinderella castle pre-arrival MB for my daughter in late December, but held off on ordering since the one my son wanted wasn’t in stock any longer. Then hers was gone too. Ugh I’ve been checking every day at least twice and the selection of premium bands is getting smaller and smaller...down to only 5 today.

I had tons of problems trying to order specialty bands too.

I eventually gave up and picked free ones. For me, it’s not worth the hassle.

I was able to order the regular bands with no issues. As soon as I tried to order the upgraded bands, I seemed to have payment issues that could not be resolved. Disney will say it’s a stock issue, which I guess is possible, but the bands that we tried to order had been available for at least a week by that point and seemed to be always available. We ended up giving up and just ordering the plain bands.

Ditto for us. Disney said it was a stock issue and suggested waiting until after the Christmas rush. But I had the same problems when I tried to order in early January, so I gave up and ordered regular bands.

I tried ordering the special bands as well, and had the same issue as you. I even called to see what the issue was, but they have the "stock issue" as the answer. When I chose coloured plain (free) bands, the order went through no problems.

I was able to order 3 special bands and 2 plain ones on Friday, after my tenth try maybe ? I still fear that we won't get them when we'll go in September, but we'll only see then I guess !

I am getting the same error today. 3 plain bands and one specialty. What a hassle. Not to mention on our last trip (admittedly 5 years ago) they shipped them to our house. Very irritating that they won't do that now.

After reading about Canadians having difficulties ordering the specialty bands and, to be honest, not really loving the limited selection of patterned bands, we decided to try ordering from magicyourband.com. Has anyone here had any experience with them? They basically print out a decal, or "skin", that you can stick over the coloured part of your magic band. They literally have dozens of different patterns available in just about every kind of fandom imaginable. I ordered a Mary Blair style geometric pattern, DH got R2D2, and DD17 ordered Tangled tower themed one. They ship, for free, from the UK and were priced at $6 US each but there's a discount applied depending on how many you order. In total, the 3 "skins" cost $15.30 US (almost half of what Disney would charge) and they arrived exactly 1 week after I placed the order. They come as letter mail so there were no issues with duties. We're super pleased with how they look but, admittedly have never used them before so would love to hear from others who may have tried them to find out how they hold up in the parks. They look easy enough to apply and you actually get 2 copies of each decal you order (I guess in case you mess up on your first try!). We figured it was a relatively low cost way to try "fancying" up our magic bands without having to go through the stress of Disney's system. Just thought I'd mention it as an option :)

A few tips for us Canadians.

Go into your account settings and make sure that you address is correct, province is spelled out not abbreviated, postal code is in this format K6L 8G5, and that the country code is selected in front of your phone number. Do the same on your billing. I was given this tip and after months of trying for two separate trips, I was actually successful.

A few tips for us Canadians.

Go into your account settings and make sure that you address is correct, province is spelled out not abbreviated, postal code is in this format K6L 8G5, and that the country code is selected in front of your phone number. Do the same on your billing. I was given this tip and after months of trying for two separate trips, I was actually successful.
Thanks for the tip! My problem is the upgraded bands I want are not available. Does this mean I have to check everyday? There seems to be different ones popping up each day.

Thanks for the tip! My problem is the upgraded bands I want are not available. Does this mean I have to check everyday? There seems to be different ones popping up each day.

Sadly you someimes need to check every hour. I thought that was my whole problem too. I was wrong. if you make it to the checkout and discover the problem there, more than likely it is something more than stock.

I had no problem ordering some MBs today. The selection a couple of weeks ago was terrible (IMO), but there were some better ones today. For some reason, I can't even get to the ordering page using Firefox but it worked smoothly using Safari, so if you are having problems, perhaps try a different browser.

Still can't get them. I checked all the tips here. I tried a different browser. Still the same error. :headache:

I keep getting told I don't have permission to even get to the page to order bands! So frustrating.
That's what I was getting consistently while using Firefox. Switching to Safari solved the problem for me.

I think I should forget about upgrading. Too much hassle! Might as well just pay at full price to get the ones we really want since it’s just DD and me. I can understand the saving for a bigger family. Sending pixie dust your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!