*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

Yeah I've been kinda quite garneska, I've been checking on the board when I can, been so busy with two jobs, but I've been thinking about how nice it would be at the fort this time of year, nice and cool, wish I could go! Hope everyone is doing well,

Ed,.... Roll Tide!

No changes unless it is to Cummins. ;) Congratulations on the new truck. Pics?

Pic from last night when picking up. Went with a Lariat - lots of cool stuff to learn how to use.
i-6hSd53x-XL.jpg

No changes unless it is to Cummins. ;) Congratulations on the new truck. Pics?
I'm with you Denise on the motor. If only it came it a truck that didn't rattle, buzz, break or rust away. :D

Sadly, I grew up racing/building Mopars, but have been hooked on the Blue Oval for a long time. They all have their good and bad anymore.

Congrats Phil! I think it will be like every other truck. There will be some things you love and other things you wish the Dmax was still in the drive.

j

I gave the Ram a chance. Had my eye on a megacab drw. Price was good, truck was nice except for the test drive. Shifting seemed off to me, rough. Test drove a different one to be sure and it was the same. These both had the 68RFE so maybe the Aisin is different. Ford's shifting is more like the Allison, but the ride is significantly quiter/softer.

And yes, I already miss my Chevy's bumper steps.

Love the man step. only advice is not to use it in garage. Did this once and nearly knocked myself out cold on the garage door rail.

Those tailgates with the step in them are valued around $3500-5000. People do steal them. They advise to keep the tailgate locked in order to avoid this.

Love the man step. only advice is not to use it in garage. Did this once and nearly knocked myself out cold on the garage door rail.

Those tailgates with the step in them are valued around $3500-5000. People do steal them. They advise to keep the tailgate locked in order to avoid this.

Good to know. I noticed earlier that my tailgate locks when I lock the truck with the keyfob.

F-250 getting a new belt and #4 injector.
IMAG0652.jpg
I'm pimping the farm truck this week. It looks so cute parked amongst the BMWs, Mercedes, and Porches that the other physicians drive. Didn't even bother to clean it out.

Dang, it's good to be a good ole boy!

Got my first tow under my belt. Ford did nicely. This truck sits lower than the old one and now I'm noticing some tapping noise coming out of the Roto-flex pin box. I wonder if the height is related to the noise - trailer rides much more level now. But other than the strange noise, it all went well.

i-Hdg2Tzt-L.jpg

That's a good matching pair right there. I'd be willing to bet that truck doesn't notice the camper very much.

Great looking truck and trailer Phil. I think that is a perfect match. Trailer sits perfect. It might be worth having the pin/box looked at. I doubt you were towing very nose high before, but if that is the only thing different...

And I guess we have to refer to you as SDPhil now, even if you can't change your DIS name. I think you will really like that 18 Powerstroke. Mine is a beast and you have 10% more torque than my 2011.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!