*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

No fuel in the filler neck yet when I pull the cap off. If the check valve works, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to see it or not. No sign of any dripping fuel so far though! Yay!
Congrats! Sounds like you got it. When my check valve worked right, I could never see fuel in the filler neck even when everything was full, so you are probably good.

j

Ok, so I have a older 1997 MH, probably not pre-wired for a camera system. I am looking to add a wireless rearview camera so I can keep an eye on our car while going down the road. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on one that perhaps they installed or where looking at online. I did a google search of them and there are a lot. I am thinking maybe the three camera system, rearview, and the two side view cameras.
Thanks, Vince

Ok, so I have a older 1997 MH, probably not pre-wired for a camera system. I am looking to add a wireless rearview camera so I can keep an eye on our car while going down the road. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on one that perhaps they installed or where looking at online. I did a google search of them and there are a lot. I am thinking maybe the three camera system, rearview, and the two side view cameras.
Thanks, Vince

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/?rvs-redirect

The link above is the place I was going to use for purchasing our camera's. We will have to go with a wired system as the wireless systems do not transmit the 70 feet well. RVH Lifestyles just became a dealer for them, but are unfortunately located in Kansas. I was looking to mount a rearview, one to each passthru storage door and one to monitor from the back of the truck.

CES recently had a company called Veleos i believe it was that was in to the camera game with multiple camera's that basically make whatever you are towing disappear to the tower. Allowing one better vision in traffic, in theory.

First post in this forum. Lot's of great advice here :-) We have a 2004 Duramax and a 2010 36' 5'er. Have not made any trips to the Fort yet, but thinking I will soon. Question: Does anyone store there camper close to WDW and pick it up when they go down to WDW?

First post in this forum. Lot's of great advice here :-) We have a 2004 Duramax and a 2010 36' 5'er. Have not made any trips to the Fort yet, but thinking I will soon. Question: Does anyone store there camper close to WDW and pick it up when they go down to WDW?

I know one of our Disboarders wanted to know this as they hail from Canada. There are places down there to store them is my understanding. Just a matter of what you are looking for and cost.

I know one of our Disboarders wanted to know this as they hail from Canada. There are places down there to store them is my understanding. Just a matter of what you are looking for and cost.

Yeah, we would be coming from Upper Wisconsin. I am inclined to store it close and then I have a great excuse to take more trips, lol

Welcome to the camping forum. If you type in the word "storage" to the search quite a few threads on this subject pop up. I know Thousand Trails in Clermont have RV storage.

Yeah, we would be coming from Upper Wisconsin. I am inclined to store it close and then I have a great excuse to take more trips, lol

We are from SE Wisconsin, and I did some looking into this a while back. There are storage areas in the region, but I will warn you that they are notably more expensive than we pay in this area. One provider I found charges $125/m for outdoor storage on a paved lot. One option I was looking for was transport (allowing us to fly or bring a more fuel efficient vehicle down for a winter trip), and that was a per-trip cost of $200 or $250 (don't remember for sure). For us, the overall cost just wasn't justifiable, but I could see it working for people with other needs/opportunities.

We are from SE Wisconsin, and I did some looking into this a while back. There are storage areas in the region, but I will warn you that they are notably more expensive than we pay in this area. One provider I found charges $125/m for outdoor storage on a paved lot. One option I was looking for was transport (allowing us to fly or bring a more fuel efficient vehicle down for a winter trip), and that was a per-trip cost of $200 or $250 (don't remember for sure). For us, the overall cost just wasn't justifiable, but I could see it working for people with other needs/opportunities.

Hi Fan,
I did some searching around Ocala as it would be on main highway and somewhat close to WDW. Outdoor, paved, secure storage for my 36ft 5th wheel would be about 70/mo with military discount. 90 minutes from WDW. Good to find another DIS fan close by :-) We moved from Seattle area a few years back.

Hi Fan,
I did some searching around Ocala as it would be on main highway and somewhat close to WDW. Outdoor, paved, secure storage for my 36ft 5th wheel would be about 70/mo with military discount. 90 minutes from WDW. Good to find another DIS fan close by :-) We moved from Seattle area a few years back.

Welcome to WI. I grew up here but moved away for college and years thereafter. Just moved back about 4 years ago. Hope you are feeling settled in the area!

I had to use my tractor front end loader to load and unload the Companion hitch I bought initially. I knew right then I had to change.

I had to use my tractor front end loader to load and unload the Companion hitch I bought initially. I knew right then I had to change.
When we had our 3500 we had the Companion hitch, the base stayed in pretty much all the time, I would just remove the head. Figured if someone really wanted the couple hundred pounds of weight, they could have it. That and it was so tight it needed to be hammered in and out.

Well, I'm getting closer! 3 days until we leave. I'm off work tomorrow and Friday, but I have to work Saturday 7am-7pm. I'm trying to figure out any last second stuff. My camper stays across the street at my mom's house since I can't get it into my driveway. It's plugged in, so the fridge is working, etc. I'm gonna pull my compressor over there tomorrow and air up all the tires to 80psi. Running the truck up to 80psi as well, but probably not until Saturday evening, right before I hook the camper up. I wired up a 1200W inverter to take with me in case I need 110V along the way. Oil and fuel filter are a week old in the truck, coolant and all fluids are good. Taking the wife's car to have the oil changed Friday. I should have everything packed by Friday evening ready to go.

What are some last minute things I need to remember? Obviously going to fuel up and such on my way home from work Saturday evening. We're leaving Sunday morning at around 6am.

Double check your items in the camper, always be thinking "Will that be able to move around while I'm going down the road?". If you think it might, pack some towels, blankets, etc around it. In my fridge, I'd fill in any empty space with water bottles. This way the mayo, milk, butter, etc. on one shelf couldn't bounce around.

Double check your items in the camper, always be thinking "Will that be able to move around while I'm going down the road?". If you think it might, pack some towels, blankets, etc around it. In my fridge, I'd fill in any empty space with water bottles. This way the mayo, milk, butter, etc. on one shelf couldn't bounce around.
Since I replaced my 7cu ft Dometic with a 10cu ft Insignia residential fridge, I bought a pack of extension rods. I'm going to double up on them. I'm also ditching the 110v heater we keep in there since the weather is going to be AWESOME.

The hardest thing I've found so far is finding places to pack clothes for 7 people!

Non towing related , but truck related. Has anyone sceen leaf springs thay are peiced together? I get there stacked, and held by a housing. But has anyone seen one of the bars that make up a span in two pieces? This is for heavy trucks. But any information is good. I had no idea where to ask. Its not towing or disney related but would help me out ! Ty.

Has anyone seen leaf springs they are pieced together? Has anyone seen one of the bars that make up a span in two pieces?
I have used "leaf spring helpers" before on an older car. Here's a pic of what I had. They worked fairly well. And they are cheap.

2679d1090790002-drive-train-clunk-titan_springs-7-.jpg

spr_11-1020.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!