Trying on clothes at Dillards

lorimay

Strolling along...
Does anyone know if you're allowed to try clothes on at this point?
I was just told a July wedding is happening and now my mom and I need dresses.Any info will help.

TIA

I did a search and the one in Ohio has limited fitting rooms (whatever that means) and all sales are final.

Other high end retailers are allowing people to try things on, but are cleaning items before they go back on the salesfloor.

I did a search and the one in Ohio has limited fitting rooms (whatever that means) and all sales are final.

Other high end retailers are allowing people to try things on, but are cleaning items before they go back on the salesfloor.
How? There’s no really good way to do that with soft, porous surfaces like fabric. We just reopened non-essential stores here on Monday and I heard a radio interview from someone representing Marshall’s saying they were not allowing it because if something was tried on they were then having to remove unpurchased items from circulation for 48 hours.

Order a bunch of dresses from Nordstrom. They have a wonderful, easy returns policy and I don't think their dresses are probably any differently priced than Dillards. Lots of selection too.
You could also mail order from Macy's. Also a big selection and easy, free returns.

I do it all the time.

Order a bunch of dresses from Nordstrom. They have a wonderful, easy returns policy and I don't think their dresses are probably any differently priced than Dillards. Lots of selection too.
You could also mail order from Macy's. Also a big selection and easy, free returns.

I do it all the time.
Returns are not free if you're sending it back by mail. You're responsible for shipping.

https://www.dillards.com/c/faqs-notices-policies#RETURNS
ETA: Oops, I see you said Nordstroms. I missed that and thought you were referring to Dillards.

I don't know about Dillards specifically but I took the kids to the mall the other day and there wasn't any place we went to that was allowing people to try on clothes. This was in Dallas.

Nowhere here is allowing clothing to be tried on, and most aren't taking returns. It is frustrating as heck - I have an 11yo who has outgrown nearly everything she owns other than her school uniforms, but she doesn't fit neatly into a particular size (she's at that cusp-of-puberty, too curvy for girls/too young for juniors stage) so all I can really do at this point is loose tees/tunics and leggings because those are so flexible in terms of fit.

I'm in Maine... no dressing rooms are open so you can't try on clothes, and there are no returns or refunds. My sister, who owns a women's clothing shop in NH, says if customers try on clothes, she has to quarantine the clothes for 5 days before they can go back on the racks. Crazy way to have to try to do business- not that there is any business. She says people are out and about (and coming to NH from Mass and ME), looking and happy to have something to do, but they are being extremely cautious about spending much money. Quite a few customers have said they are watching their spending, anticipating a spike in the virus and another round of shut-downs.

I called our local Dillards and was told we can try on the dresses.
They have a steam system they use after you try on clothes, the items are sprayed and left in the back for 24 hours.

I'm in Maine... no dressing rooms are open so you can't try on clothes, and there are no returns or refunds. My sister, who owns a women's clothing shop in NH, says if customers try on clothes, she has to quarantine the clothes for 5 days before they can go back on the racks. Crazy way to have to try to do business- not that there is any business. She says people are out and about (and coming to NH from Mass and ME), looking and happy to have something to do, but they are being extremely cautious about spending much money. Quite a few customers have said they are watching their spending, anticipating a spike in the virus and another round of shut-downs.

I get not having the dressing rooms open if those are the precautions they're taking, but it seems like they'd do better business if they then allowed returns. It would still mean isolating merchandise, but probably a lower volume of it than if the dressing rooms were open, and would give people like me enough peace of mind to start buying clothes again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter