Trying to decide on a Father's Day gift for DH

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I haven't bought my husband anything yet for Father's Day and I'm trying to think of what to get him. We have days off around Labor Day weekend that we were originally going to go to Paris, but decided it wasn't enough time with all the traveling we'd have to do.

So I was thinking of surprising him with a three day Disney cruise, but not actually telling him that's what we are doing and just saying we are going somewhere exotic. Do you think this is a good idea? Although I'd love to book the Royal Suite and spend 10k for three days I think my husband would murder me lol. So it would be either a balcony or maybe an indoor we haven't done that.

I had thought of going to Disney for these days, but Star Wars land is opening then and I don't want to be near that chaos. Or I could just do something simple like get him socks lol. Not sure what I should do and realized it's this weekend so I need to do something fast.

I haven't bought my husband anything yet for Father's Day and I'm trying to think of what to get him. We have days off around Labor Day weekend that we were originally going to go to Paris, but decided it wasn't enough time with all the traveling we'd have to do.

So I was thinking of surprising him with a three day Disney cruise, but not actually telling him that's what we are doing and just saying we are going somewhere exotic. Do you think this is a good idea? Although I'd love to book the Royal Suite and spend 10k for three days I think my husband would murder me lol. So it would be either a balcony or maybe an indoor we haven't done that.

I had thought of going to Disney for these days, but Star Wars land is opening then and I don't want to be near that chaos. Or I could just do something simple like get him socks lol. Not sure what I should do and realized it's this weekend so I need to do something fast.

Wait wait wait... Father's Day?!?!? :flower1:

If you are going to do something specifically for Father's day, I would involve your stepchildren and do something as a family, and that doesn't have to be something big like a cruise. Going together to the park or something, having dinner together.

If you are thinking of a present, look from your husband's point of view. What would he like to receive? If he's a practical man who thinks you can never have enough socks, go with socks. Something that shows you know him well.

I think I want to marry you, lol.
I was debating if 2 pairs of sleep shorts is too much!
LOL I usually go overboard with presents

Any chance of including the daughters on the cruise? It's Father's Day, after all. You have your own father, I assume, so these girls hopefully are stepping up to do something for their dad, too.
The kids usually get him a little gift. We don't have them the weekend of Labor Day so we'd have to go another time with them. They like going to the parks more we take them there a lot. An actual trip wouldn't be this weekend since that's too close to plan out.

If you are going to do something specifically for Father's day, I would involve your stepchildren and do something as a family, and that doesn't have to be something big like a cruise. Going together to the park or something, having dinner together.

If you are thinking of a present, look from your husband's point of view. What would he like to receive? If he's a practical man who thinks you can never have enough socks, go with socks. Something that shows you know him well.
We're doing brunch with the kids and his parents (mine are on a cruise) Normally my gifts are usually way over the top and he's always liked them. I think he'd actually like the socks, I've just never bought him clothes before so I'm not sure if it's enough.

We're doing brunch with the kids and his parents (mine are on a cruise) Normally my gifts are usually way over the top and he's always liked them. I think he'd actually like the socks, I've just never bought him clothes before so I'm not sure if it's enough.

I think it's then a good moment to try and see what happens if you go smaller. He loves you for being thoughtful and getting him something he wants or needs.
Get him a pair of silly socks, something which will make you both laugh and will make him think of you whenever he puts them on.

No to the cruise as a fathers day gift. For me it seems extravgant for someone who isn't your father or the father over your kids. That siad, you know your dynamic as a couple better than I ever could and have more means than I do too. So if he would be thankful go ahead with it.

LOL I usually go overboard with presents

The kids usually get him a little gift. We don't have them the weekend of Labor Day so we'd have to go another time with them. They like going to the parks more we take them there a lot. An actual trip wouldn't be this weekend since that's too close to plan out.

If you've decided to go with the cruise, get the socks and inside the package (or between the socks if there's no package) put a 'surprise' ticket for the cruise. Something like this:

I just googled DCL cruise ticket and selected 'images', but you could make your own design (don't forget to download the free Waltograph font if you do). I bet he'd love the surprise.

No to the cruise as a fathers day gift. For me it seems extravgant for someone who isn't your father or the father over your kids. That siad, you know your dynamic as a couple better than I ever could and have more means than I do too. So if he would be thankful go ahead with it.
He'll one day be the father of our child and I married him knowing he had kids so I don't mind getting him a gift to celebrate that.

If you've decided to go with the cruise, get the socks and inside the package (or between the socks if there's no package) put a 'surprise' ticket for the cruise. Something like this:

View attachment 409098

I just googled DCL cruise ticket and selected 'images', but you could make your own design (don't forget to download the free Waltograph font if you do). I bet he'd love the surprise.
This is so cute I love it!

Does he like surprises--or at least surprises of this magnitude? If you don't know the answer to that question, then assume the answer is no.

Does he like surprises--or at least surprises of this magnitude? If you don't know the answer to that question, then assume the answer is no.
He definitely likes surprises. I've surprised him many times. For his birthday two years ago I took him to Vegas and Disneyland and he had no clue where he was going until we left.

If this is a gift for Father's Day I'd love to see what you get him for his birthday :rotfl: Apparently I'm slacking in the gift department.....my kids made cards and I don't think he's getting a gift....I'll make him dinner. And I won't show him this post :rotfl2:

If this is a gift for Father's Day I'd love to see what you get him for his birthday :rotfl: Apparently I'm slacking in the gift department.....my kids made cards and I don't think he's getting a gift....I'll make him dinner. And I won't show him this post :rotfl2:
Lol I definitely go a little overboard in the gift department. I really like giving gifts and making people receiving them happy. My mom always says I have a knack for getting the perfect gift. I’ve never waited until last minute before though, I totally forgot it was father’s day this weekend so I’m scrambling a little bit

I always think the best Mother's day/Father's day gifts are ones that can be enjoyed with the kids. I seem to recall you live in Florida (I may be wrong) but is there a weekend you have the kids coming up in the next couple of months where you could plan a nice weekend park trip at WDW with an ADR at his favorite Disney restaurant? You could get matching customized pins or t-shirts for the whole family saying something like "We're celebrating an AWESOME DAD" or something like that to make it more Father's day themed.

I always think the best Mother's day/Father's day gifts are ones that can be enjoyed with the kids. I seem to recall you live in Florida (I may be wrong) but is there a weekend you have the kids coming up in the next couple of months where you could plan a nice weekend park trip at WDW with an ADR at his favorite Disney restaurant? You could get matching customized pins or t-shirts for the whole family saying something like "We're celebrating an AWESOME DAD" or something like that to make it more Father's day themed.
We do, I really like this idea! I’d definitely want to go before Star Wars opens I don’t want to deal with that lol. The kids liked when I made matching shirts for our last trip so they would definitely be on board with this.

No offense because you seem like a nice person and your heart is in the right place, but to me Father’s Day is about the relationship between a child and their father, not a wife and her husband. I would say to save the idea of a cruise as a gift for your anniversary or his birthday. If you feel the need to get him anything (really, you don’t have to because he’s not your father!) then I would help your step kids with a gift idea or plan something that he can spend time with the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter