Trying to Figure Out Thanksgiving Dining

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I am getting ready to make ADRs. I am going back and forth on what to do for Thanksgiving. I feel like it will be difficult to book LTT or WCC on Thanksgiving, so I am wanting a back-up plan. I'm very tempted to just book a regular TS for Black Friday and celebrate Thanksgiving then. I feel like it will be easier to get an ADR, plus the prices will be lower. In looking at the lunch menu for LTT, I noticed that they have the AYCTE meal with traditional Thanksgiving food. I also noticed the turkey and dressing meal is back on the lunch menu. IS THIS TRUE???? I sure hope so. This would allow us to have a nice Thanksgiving meal at a lower price, even though it is the day after. If I choose this route, we would be eating at Yak and Yeti for Thanksgiving dinner. LOL. Would I still be able to get the 10% DVC discount? If so, this could be the best choice. What do you all think?

Historically AK has been the lowest attended park on Thanksgiving, but I haven’t been since Pandora opened. When we went before over Christmas or thanksgiving we would typically go to AK in the morning and then go to a resort for a nice dinner. I would not go to MK on thanksgiving from my past experience. 50s PT has a good blue plate turkey dinner.

I booked us at Tusker House. We were going to do Epcot, but we moved that to earlier in our trip. Tusker House did Thanksgiving food in the past, so I would assume they will this year.

I can tell you that as of now LTT and WCC, as well as California Grill, have not released reservations for Thanksgiving Day. For Cali Grill, that date was completely grayed out on the calendar.

I have a 1:30pm LTT reservation on Thanksgiving Day so those are available - or were as of Sunday morning. Looks like they are all gone now.

We Wanted Cali grill and have been checking for days. Thanks for confirming nothing ever opened. Blowing lte data in Greece for this nonsense! I wish they’d just let us book at 180 like normal. Planning just gets more intensive every trip...

If you’re willing to go off the beaten path, Trails End if great for Thanksgiving. We’ve done it twice and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere

I am getting ready to make ADRs. I am going back and forth on what to do for Thanksgiving. I feel like it will be difficult to book LTT or WCC on Thanksgiving, so I am wanting a back-up plan. I'm very tempted to just book a regular TS for Black Friday and celebrate Thanksgiving then. I feel like it will be easier to get an ADR, plus the prices will be lower. In looking at the lunch menu for LTT, I noticed that they have the AYCTE meal with traditional Thanksgiving food. I also noticed the turkey and dressing meal is back on the lunch menu. IS THIS TRUE???? I sure hope so. This would allow us to have a nice Thanksgiving meal at a lower price, even though it is the day after. If I choose this route, we would be eating at Yak and Yeti for Thanksgiving dinner. LOL. Would I still be able to get the 10% DVC discount? If so, this could be the best choice. What do you all think?

You could book Tusker House. There should be Thanksgiving food and AK is going all out for Christmas this year. The Parks Blog said Tusker is included in the "Christmas cheer."

You could book Tusker House. There should be Thanksgiving food and AK is going all out for Christmas this year. The Parks Blog said Tusker is included in the "Christmas cheer."
That's a good idea. We usually go to Yak and Yeti, but I might consider Tusker House. It wouldn't hurt to make a reservation and then see what is announced closer to time. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was able to make my ADR's as of today. I wish they would let us make the reservations for certain restaurants that they have blocked off yet. In the meantime has anyone had a Thanksgiving Dinner at Trottoria al Forno or Grand Floridian Cafe? If so, how was it? I want to have something just in case.

We Wanted Cali grill and have been checking for days. Thanks for confirming nothing ever opened. Blowing lte data in Greece for this nonsense! I wish they’d just let us book at 180 like normal. Planning just gets more intensive every trip...

I was able to get a California Grill reservation for Thanksgiving dinner today. It's at 4:50 PM though, but does say "Thanksgiving Dinner."

I was able to get a California Grill reservation for Thanksgiving dinner today. It's at 4:50 PM though, but does say "Thanksgiving Dinner."

Yes it just opened a little over an hour ago for California grill for thanksgiving.

So stupid of Disney to randomly open the date up on a Friday at 5PM. It should’ve been open at 180 days.

Anyone that is still looking - there were plenty of reservations for Thanksgiving at California Grill open today, I am only a party of 2, but they had some for 4 people as well, FYI.

We're there over Tgiving each yr. If you decide to not do a table service, (if going the next day etc) for a wonderful quick service meal WPuckExp does an "all inclusive Tgiving meal". it's not on the site menu but they do it every TGiving day- and sometimes the day after (I'm assuming if leftovers? LOL). its turkey, gravy, mashpotatoes, ,cranberry sauce, fresh garlic steamed green beans, and the best dressing Ive ever had. Oh and includes the slice of pumpkin pie. Its quick serve but they serve your meal to you at your table so it's like "table service light" Lol. I think its usually around $16-17 bucks (or 1 QS credit on plan) so a great deal and delicious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!