Trying to get Membership Number.

YAY! I'm in. They said my points should be there tomorrow.
I love this board, everyone is so helpful.

Not a huge deal, our UY is December. We rented points for Ak and are going there the 15 of this month. Soooo I was looking at booking a trip in Feb/March of next year. Since we bought tickets, just 3 day park tickets. Trying to figure it all out, can we upgrade to annual passes while we are there? I know we don't get the DVC discount because we bought resale. From what I see the normal AP price is $859 each. Is that right?
Nevermind, I answered my own question. Just not cost effective right now.

So, I called Member Admin today (my deed was recorded a week ago today so I thought that I'd give it a shot). They received my paper work on Feb 27th and told me I should call back on Friday, March 16th! (I'm stubborn and I'll probably give them a couple more days and call Wednesday).

they told me the same thing and the points were in 2 days later...try again on thursday or friday.

they told me the same thing and the points were in 2 days later...try again on thursday or friday.
I may try again tomorrow because the listing agent just called because DVC reached out to him about a problem with our mailing address. They were trying to switch things over and something was wrong... they had our state as MI when we live in Mississippi (MS) so the zip code wasn't matching up.

My deed was recorded on Friday (3/2). When do y'all think I should begin calling Disney about my membership number? I'm trying to walk that thin line between "persistent" and "harassment". :rotfl2:

My deed was recorded on Friday (3/2). When do y'all think I should begin calling Disney about my membership number? I'm trying to walk that thin line between "persistent" and "harassment". :rotfl2:

My deed was recorded last Monday (2/26). Got membership number today. They said it had just gone in the system so tech couldn’t even give me an activation code yet, so I’ll call again tomorrow for that. Hoping points will be in by the time I get to log in!

Why do you need your number? Is there something you need to book immediately or risk missing your window? If you aren’t pressed for time, just wait for the letter to come in the mail.

If you really, truly need it, then you should wait about 10 business day.

Why do you need your number? Is there something you need to book immediately or risk missing your window? If you aren’t pressed for time, just wait for the letter to come in the mail.

If you really, truly need it, then you should wait about 10 business day.

Yep, we're trying to book a trip for October in Disneyland (I know that's probably fruitless at this point to try for Grand Californian, but I'd thought I'd check anyway), so I wanted to get into the system ASAP.

Just to add to the timelines. My deed was recorded 2/28. I called this morning. Member Admin gave me my ID but told me the points weren't posted yet. They connected me to Member services and I was told the Club ID/ Activation Code wasn't ready yet, and to call back tomorrow.

We closed Friday. Is the deed recorded on closing or does that take longer? I' in a time crunch for 2 separate trips for the upcoming year (though we are flexible about times, resorts, and room types). What is the dead earliest I should try bugging diusney for member info

Perhaps a silly question... if there are two names on a deed would each get their own membership number? I am confused by all these terms - Membership Number, Club ID, Activation Code

Is there a typical format for each that would make them easy to identify (ie. Number of digits, alphanumeric vs numbers only, etc.)?

Last edited:
Perhaps a silly question... if there are two names on a deed would each get their own membership number? I am confused by all these terms - Membership Number, Club ID, Activation Code

Is there a typical format for each that would make them easy to identify (ie. Number of digits, alphanumeric vs numbers only, etc.)?
In my experience the membership number was all numbers, the club ID was also all numbers but had a decimal point with different numbers after for each person listed on the contract and the activation code was a combo of numbers and letters that were case sensitive much like a password.

My wife and I own two contracts deeded exactly the same. We share a membership/member number. We each have a “club” number that is identical save the decimal e.g. 1234567.1 and 1234567.2. As was stated above, the activation code(s) were alphanumeric and were only used once, along with the club number(s) to set up our sign ons to the DVC website - side note, works best typically to use the same credentials as your MDE sign on. Your shared member number is the only one you will need or be asked for in normal use of your ownership.

New DVC owners:
Our deed was recorded 04/05, Disney received 04/06.
Called today (04/16) and the contract is still under old owners' names.
Lady said the system was down on Friday.
I'm going to try again in a couple of days because I'm hoping to make a reservation soon!

Closed 10/2. not thinking of calling yet but curious if we were previous DVC owners (sold in 2016) will we get our old member number back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!