Trying to plan a WP/GF wedding at the end of the year?

ppawdisney

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! My fiance and I are planning on getting married at the end of the year at the Wedding Pavilion, with a reception at the Grand Floridian (though we're not exactly sure where because we don't think we want a ballroom) We are not set on any certain date or month or even day of the week, whatever would be the cheapest. A 5:00 ceremony time with a dinner reception would be our ideal, but we are open to other options if it is significantly cheaper, just definitely not a breakfast reception!

So anyone here that has had a wedding similar or have any idea what some approximate costs would be? I tried looking up some BEO's but I can't find very many. We have looked at the website a million times so any info that isn't found on the website would be helpful!

Thank you I'll take a look at that. Does anyone know of any BEO's with similar details that includes the program total? So far I have only found one BEO on this board that includes program total and really want to know what I'm in for!

@ppawdisney it really depends on the category of wedding you want to have. How many guests are you thinking? If you are wanting a Wishes wedding, the sky is really the limit as far as price, but as mentioned above Carrie's book has the minimum amount you could be looking at for a Wishes wedding. If you are having 18 guests or fewer, you can do an Escape ceremony with a catered event for a reception (no dancing though, its more of like a fancy meal). Escape ceremonies start at $7,500. Memories is even fewer people, but that sounds like that's not really what you're looking for (its a max of 4 guests). The minimum amounts required to spend for Wishes also depend on the day of the week as well. Here is sort of a rough breakdown, from Carrie's book, for Wishes:

$5,000 Ceremony Fee for WP
$190 per person Food & Bev min for dinner reception; $165 for lunch
$8000 enhancement minimum expenditure for weddings on Thurs, Fri, Sun, or Mon (enhancements are things like floral, dj, photography, etc). If you get married on a Tues or Wed, you can save on the enhancement min- it goes down to $5000. Saturday weddings have the highest enhancement mins, at $10K.

Hope this helps. Definitely, definitely buy Carrie's book! It is SO beyond helpful. There is also a facebook group called DISBrides where I've seen many people post their BEOs so that you could get a better idea on pricing.

We're hoping for 50 guests but could cut that down lower if need be. So definitely a Wishes wedding, no way around that. Tuesday or Wednesday is completely fine with me. So basically my question is (without having to purchase a book) is it possible for me to have a Wedding Pavillion ceremony with a reception at the grand Floridian, or possibly even somewhere at Boardwalk resort or Epcot for maybe around 15,000?

So for a dinner reception at any resort for your numbers and having the WP, the cheapest option would be (by a very rough calculation) $19,500 before service fees and tax. The cheapest option for a lunch reception would be $18,250, again before any service fees and taxes. If you wanted to be around $15,000, you'd probably have to do a brunch reception which for everything would be around $17,000 before taxes and service charge. These prices would all be higher for a Park location (like EPCOT) because the enhancement minimums are higher for in-park receptions.

Last edited:

We just had a Wedding Pavilion ceremony and brunch reception at Epcot with 33 total people (paid for 39). I had a lot of extra enhancements, but even without those I would've been hard pressed to keep it at $15k. My food was around $3500 by the time you add in the tax and service charge, the alcohol was $2007, wedding pavilion rental fee was $4000 (around $4200 with tax), venue rental fee for the GM Lounge was $1600 ($1704 with tax), and we were required to have a motorcoach to transport our guests to Epcot which was around $1000. Then I had a $10k enhancement minimum for a Saturday.

I think the only one of those that counts towards the enhancement minimum is transportation and maybe venue rental fee? A lot of the Epcot venues do have higher food and beverage minimums while the ballrooms don't have any minimums.

The best way to save money is doing as a previous poster mentioned: having a brunch reception and a weekday wedding. It wasn't my first choice, but I loved our brunch reception and would do it all over again the same way if I had a choice!

Definitely check out the Disney Wedding Podcast - I'll be on there next week talking about my wedding!!

The enhancements are floral, photography? video and such? on top of the $15K more or less?

We just had a Wedding Pavilion ceremony and brunch reception at Epcot with 33 total people (paid for 39). I had a lot of extra enhancements, but even without those I would've been hard pressed to keep it at $15k. My food was around $3500 by the time you add in the tax and service charge, the alcohol was $2007, wedding pavilion rental fee was $4000 (around $4200 with tax), venue rental fee for the GM Lounge was $1600 ($1704 with tax), and we were required to have a motorcoach to transport our guests to Epcot which was around $1000. Then I had a $10k enhancement minimum for a Saturday.

I think the only one of those that counts towards the enhancement minimum is transportation and maybe venue rental fee? A lot of the Epcot venues do have higher food and beverage minimums while the ballrooms don't have any minimums.

The best way to save money is doing as a previous poster mentioned: having a brunch reception and a weekday wedding. It wasn't my first choice, but I loved our brunch reception and would do it all over again the same way if I had a choice!

Definitely check out the Disney Wedding Podcast - I'll be on there next week talking about my wedding!![/QUOTE

Definitely check out the Disney Wedding Podcast - I'll be on there next week talking about my wedding!!
Thank you so much! That is very helpful. I actually read your whole blog a couple days ago and loved it! I was wondering how much it costs cause it is exactly what we want to do. So do you think if we have t on a weekday and also do brunch we can keep it under that range? I would also absolutely love to have a dessert party at Epcot if we end up with a brunch reception. And then maybe a ballroom or outdoor Grand Floridian brunch reception to avoid any high food and beverage minimums.

Thank you so much, AllThingsMickey4! That is very helpful. I actually read your whole blog a couple days ago and loved it! I was wondering how much it costs cause it is exactly what we want to do. So do you think if we have t on a weekday and also do brunch we can keep it under that range? I would also absolutely love to have a dessert party at Epcot if we end up with a brunch reception. And then maybe a ballroom or outdoor Grand Floridian brunch reception to avoid any high food and beverage minimums.

(I replied on my phone and it came out weird, so I'm posting again!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!