Trying to sell hubby on HIFS

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
We have ressies here in one week, and I am Sooo excited. However, my DH just found out about the Courtyard $29 rate, and he thinks we should switch! First of all, I really want to stay @ HIFS (we have two girls, 3 and 5), as I feel the kids would enjoy it more. Also, with the new package of $109 per night, we get free breakfast for the 5 of us (my MIL also), AND diner for 5 for about $15 per night. I can't see how we would really save much money, if any, staying @ the Courtyard and having to pay for breakfast and dinner each day. What do you think?
:confused:
BTW: We are renting a car (I added this, Lewisc ) ;)

Not sure how much money you'd save but the transportation is significantly better from DD hotels (not a factor if you're renting a car).

:o Tell him if you stay at HIFS, you can pack his favorite piece of lingerie since you'll have a room with a door that closes. That, combined with the money you'll save on meals at HIFS should do it.:D

We took at tour while vacationing in August, which sold my husband on HIFS. He liked the separate sleeping arrangements, the referigerator to store his Pepsi & Budweiser, the extra space for the kids so they weren't as likely to bounce off the walls, and the free putt putt golf. The free breakfasts and kids eat free program also appealed to him.

Since your girls are 3 and 5, you may want to consider a queen kidsuite, which has two twin beds in the extra room, instead of the king kidsuites, which has bunk beds. HIFS said the queen kidsuites don't have the themed wallpaper, but the kids room does have the video games.

We stayed one night at HIFS in February and loved it! I tried to save money this summer and booked regular hotels for our stays. By the end of our stay all of us wished that we would have had a suite hotel instead. We have two sons and all of us were getting on each others nerves. Believe me its worth the extra money for HIFS. It will make your vacation much nicer. At 10pm you'll be glad your daughters are tucked away in their own room and you and your husband can relax in your own room. You'll not only save money eating at HIFS buffet, but its super convenient. Do me a favor, if you do go to HIFS, ask your husband the third night if he would have rather had a regular room. As I was planning my trip for this summer, dh wanted me to save money. However, when it came down to it he would have rather spent the money & had a more relaxed vacation! ME too!!!

Thanks for the replies! I have convinced him to stick with HIFS. In terms of the $$, it works out to an average of $63 more per night, BUT that includes full breakfast each day and (almost) free dinner each night. Can't beat that. I realize we could get EE if we stayed @ Courtyard, but it will be enough of a challenge to get us all there at regular park opening!
Also from what I have read, there is so much more for the kids @ HIFS. Again,thanks for the input :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter