TS Dining Reviews 12/8 - 12/15

sarehm

DIS Veteran
Sorry it's take me so long to post this but it's just been so hectic coming back to work and getting ready for the holidays! Overall I must say I was quite pleased with the majority of food. We were on the DDP for the first 1/2 of the week. I have to say, what a value but also a little too much. I think I gained weight on this trip!

San Angel Inn - We started with nachos and sope. Both were OK. The chips and salsa they give you are awesome (or we were just starving). I had the Cozumel platter, just OK and DH had the shrimp again wasn't too thrilled. Flan for desert which was very good.

Shutters - This was one of our best meals. I had the coconut shrimp, roasted chicken and key lime tart. Fantastic! DH had the onion rings, salmon and choc. cake. Again fab! We had the deserts boxed and ate them later in the week as were stuffed!

Sci-Fi - OK I'm never eating here again. This was our 2nd visit and I was very very disappointed. I had the onion rings (no sauce or anything to dip them in), oreo shake (yummy) and chicken ceasar salad for entree. This was the absolute worst salad I've ever eaten. I don't know what kind of dressing was on it but it surely didn't taste like Caesar. I had the cheesecake for desert that had caramel popcorn and m&m's scattered on the plate. Not very good. DH started w/ the house salad and then had the ribs. Ribs were pretty chewing but OK. He had the hot fudge sundae for desert.

Le Cellier - What an awesome meal. This place rocks! I started w/ the cheesy soup of course and it was OK. Very salty but it was good. Maybe ate 1/2 of it. The bread sticks are awesome. DH had the crab and salmon timbale which he enjoyed. I had the shrimp and pasta dish which was fantastic and DH had the 10 oz. steak which was done perfectly. For desert he had the chocolate moose and I had the smores. These two dishes were so cute that it's the only food I took a picture of but of course I have no idea how to post it.

Kona Cafe - Here I had the sticky wings (yum!) and the pan-asian noodles w/ chicken and DH had the chowder and pan noodles w/ shrimp. Both were wonderful. We also had breakfast here too one morning and I had the Tonga Toast which is crazy good! And a pot of 100% Kona coffee which took me back to Hawaii in a flash, it was delish. I think DH had eggs, and bacon and stuff, nothing special.

Some CS meals were Pecos Bills, Tuskers, and I can't remember what else!

Thanks for your reviews. We were so disappointed in San Angel on this last trip, it was terrible. It was always one of our faves. :sad2:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews. I know what you mean about being hectic and not getting to them for a while. We were there Dec 10-16 and I just did mine not too long ago. Better late then never!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter