TS Resturaunt Coming to All Stars

$200/night for a value?!
I can't even justify $150/night!
we are one price hike away from renting a car and staying off property. i just can't spend that much on a room we barely will step foot in.

We're not that far off as is...

The 2017 rack rate room for a standard at music is a $106-209 range...with most dates falling in the $129-169 range right now. Add $20 a night for "preferred"...

Is $200 really that far ahead on the road?

The 2017 rack rate room for a standard at music is a $106-209 range...with most dates falling in the $129-169 range right now. Add $20 a night for "preferred"...

oh it's coming and I won't be staying. hot wire had a 4 star hotel in the bonnet creek area for $89/night this morning. looks like i found a new hotel.

And now they have carved out another premium night. I think Monday-Wed are the only lower rate nights in a week now. Sunday and Thursday are on a raised tier, and Friday-Saturday are on another raised tier.

The line should have been held at $129. And now here we are about to justify $209.

And now they have carved out another premium night. I think Monday-Wed are the only lower rate nights in a week now. Sunday and Thursday are on a raised tier, and Friday-Saturday are on another raised tier.

The line should have been held at $129. And now here we are about to justify $209.

Not all that long ago...when I was a young wolf...the rates of the values and the moderates changed a total of 6 times per year...no categories and never for nights of the week.

And yet wdw never filed for bankruptcy...not once...

oh it's coming and I won't be staying. hot wire had a 4 star hotel in the bonnet creek area for $89/night this morning. looks like i found a new hotel.

If you're really considering off-property, and want something SUPER close (you can see DS), that is fantastic, with great dining and is always incredibly reasonable - check at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Their pool food is great and Hemingway's is worth leaving "the bubble" for in this foodie's mind.

Sorry for OT - trying to be helpful.

If you're really considering off-property, and want something SUPER close (you can see DS), that is fantastic, with great dining and is always incredibly reasonable - check at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. Their pool food is great and Hemingway's is worth leaving "the bubble" for in this foodie's mind.

Sorry for OT - trying to be helpful.

Thank you! as of now, we are still staying at disney. have 3 trips coming up all in the bubble. but I will keep that hotel in mind when prices are raised.

Wow everyone really has strong opinions for the all star resorts! Probably because they are so popular right? Loving the feedback.

All of this talk about staying off-site is starting to worry me. We usually do already but if a lot more people do then my bargains won't be so good any more.

I don't think that would be the only, TS splurge for many value resort guests. I'm not sure why you think it would be. Everyone I know personally that stays at value resorts eats at least one TS each day. It's not possible that I know the only people who do. People at all resort levels eat CS only. That doesn't mean they all do. Some people prioritize resorts other prioritize dining.

With MyMagic+, Disney knows exactly where and how All-Star guests are spending their dining (and other) dollars. If this rumor proves true, I guarantee that Disney has reams of data that predict success. Everything from the size of the restaurant to the menu will be based on the dining patterns of past All-Star guests.

With MyMagic+, Disney knows exactly where and how All-Star guests are spending their dining (and other) dollars. If this rumor proves true, I guarantee that Disney has reams of data that predict success. Everything from the size of the restaurant to the menu will be based on the dining patterns of past All-Star guests.
I'm not sure, if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. :confused3 I think plenty of guests at the value resorts eat at TS restaurants. It was another poster who didn't think enough of their guests eat TS to justify the restaurant or if they did it would be their one splurge.

Last edited:
Full values is not anything new and as long as there are eats in parks and elsewhere why there?

I don't think anyone is going to jump on a bus and head to AllStars to eat at a buffet while visiting new lands.

I don't think any groups are going to spend the money to eat at a Table Service.

It just seems it is the result of anticipated bigger crowds at resorts rather than parks, why?
you make sense, until Disney unveils the most exciting concept for this place and you have a hit! the only reason Disney will do it is to excuse resort tiers is going away and give the Allstars more to offer, and I do see people getting in a bus from the parks to eat here if the theme is breathtaking

I'm not sure, if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. :confused3 I think plenty of guests at the value resorts eat at TS restaurants. It was another poster who didn't think enough of their guests eat TS to justify the restaurant or if they did it would be their one splurge.

Put a giant breakfast character buffet, heck and a dinner buffet, at the all stars and keep it at one credit on the free dinning plan or add it as an option on the counter service free dinning plan and it will be packed every moment--- and a good bit of the DDP load on the rest of the restaurants will be greatly reduced.

:jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester:
Put a giant breakfast character buffet, heck and a dinner buffet, at the all stars and keep it at one credit on the free dinning plan or add it as an option on the counter service free dinning plan and it will be packed every moment--- and a good bit of the DDP load on the rest of the restaurants will be greatly reduced.
Moana. Hahaha!

I wasn't trying to agree or disagree with what you wrote. I'm not even sure there's much with which to disagree. You were just relaying the dining habits of the people you personally know. There's no reason anyone should disagree with your personal experience. I never would, anyway.

Really, I was just trying to piggy-back on your anecdotal evidence by saying that if this restaurant happens, it will be because Disney knows (via MyMagic+ data) there will be sufficient demand for it.

I wasn't trying to agree or disagree with what you wrote. I'm not even sure there's much with which to disagree. You were just relaying the dining habits of the people you personally know. There's no reason anyone should disagree with your personal experience. I never would, anyway.

Really, I was just trying to piggy-back on your anecdotal evidence by saying that if this restaurant happens, it will be because Disney knows (via MyMagic+ data) there will be sufficient demand for it.

Here's the thing. I don't doubt "demand", but I doubt location. Your value resort guests are typically your "bed and a shower" kind of people or they're extremely limited on budget. They are also usually more prone to the DDP than other categories. Again, budget. However, are people who book value looking to leave the parks and spend their DDP credit at their "value" resort? Usually, the first places they book up are BOG, Chef Mickey's, Ohana, etc., where the "perceived value" of their DDP credit is higher.

Tell me, if you're staying at Grand Floridian, are you going over to AS for a TS? So, where is the demand coming from? All Star guests? I doubt it since these are the same people booking BOG on their free dining plan.

I don't doubt that Disney is using MDE data to follow their guests. What I doubt is that this isn't price inflation related vs demand related.

Here's the thing. I don't doubt "demand", but I doubt location. Your value resort guests are typically your "bed and a shower" kind of people or they're extremely limited on budget. They are also usually more prone to the DDP than other categories. Again, budget. However, are people who book value looking to leave the parks and spend their DDP credit at their "value" resort? Usually, the first places they book up are BOG, Chef Mickey's, Ohana, etc., where the "perceived value" of their DDP credit is higher.

Tell me, if you're staying at Grand Floridian, are you going over to AS for a TS? So, where is the demand coming from? All Star guests? I doubt it since these are the same people booking BOG on their free dining plan.

I don't doubt that Disney is using MDE data to follow their guests. What I doubt is that this isn't price inflation related vs demand related.

Boy...and I thought I hated the dining plan:duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!