TSA Precheck

BuzzLiteyear

To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t
We may have a flight in December where we will be cutting it very close to our departing flight time. We'll be flying out of BUF on a Friday in mid afternoon. Given that it is just before Christmas I'm assuming that it will be quite busy. Would getting TSA Precheck help much?

It probably isn't going to hurt.

Remember that with December comes late fall/early winter weather problems to watch for.

Both my husband and I have TSA pre check (it came as part of Global Entry) - we travel fairly often for work and personal travel. We love it and it was worth every penny. The line is shorter, it moves faster, and you keep your jacket/shoes on and get to keep your laptop in the bag. It may not be worth it for people who travel infrequently but it cuts down on the hassle of TSA significantly.

Last edited:
Pre-Check is almost always a big help. Only one time in the 4 I have used it so far it would not have mattered, but we were flying out of PVD which is a small airport and we were one of the last 2 to 3 planes to fly out that day. But when we flew out of BOS and SEA it was well worth it.

Look at getting NEXUS as you are close to Canada. It's only $50 compared to $85 for Pre-Check, and it includes Pre-Check and Global Entry, though it is more in depth then getting Pre-Check.

Below is a chart explaining it
https://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-comparison-chart

We fly frequently and have Global Entry, which automatically gives your Pre-Check, and its always been a time saver for us. Well worth the cost.

We may have a flight in December where we will be cutting it very close to our departing flight time. We'll be flying out of BUF on a Friday in mid afternoon. Given that it is just before Christmas I'm assuming that it will be quite busy. Would getting TSA Precheck help much?
TSA Precheck will help. It will also help for all of your other flights in the next 5 years. I recommend getting it.

You are NOT guaranteed to get it on your boarding pass even if you're enrolled in the program.

Though having global entry and traveling half the year since 2009, dh has never once not gotten it as long as we make SURE his tt# is entered.

Though having global entry and traveling half the year since 2009, dh has never once not gotten it as long as we make SURE his tt# is entered.

I've had one instance over the past three years where I haven't gotten it, and another where I've still been pulled for additional screening after the machine beeped something different when my boarding pass was scanned. So yeah, very unlikely you won't get it, but still possible.

Even if you do get PreCheck, it doesn't guarantee expedited screening. When flying out of our home airport, either my other half or I are pulled out of line for additional random screening on every single flight. I'm beginning to think that this was not worth the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter