TSM waits after signing up for Jedi Training

RN jld

Mouseketeer
We will be going to HS on 3/3 it's a EMH morning with the park opening at 8am. We plan to be there well before that. What should we expect the lines to look like at TSM after sign ups? We have a FP for SDD and my kids haven't shown much interest in Alein SS but TSM is one of our favorites and we have always had a FP for it but choose SDD as it will be our 1st chance to ride it.

I would go to TSM and ride it a few times and then go sign up for JTA. The reports since TSL opened are that JTA doesn't fill up nearly as fast because people RD TSL instead. Especially since you're talking about EMH

I completely agree with PP, go to TSL first. We did TSMM and waited in a long meet and greet line for Woody and Jessie before heading to JTA sign ups. They still had tons of spaces available when we got there and there was no line!

Unless you really need a specific time slot for JTA I’d use the EMH to visit TSL as others have suggested. There will still be time slots after that. For our trip last August we had our pick of time slots except for the very first show of the day, at around 9:30 AM on an EMH morning. That seemed to be the norm from others reporting back “from the field” as well.

Yes, we went and signed up first thing before our pre-park ADR while everyone was lined up to get to TSL as per our plan of attack... and in the end it wasn't necessary to get there so early just for that. At noon they were still filling slots.

We were there this week, went to TSL and went over to Jedi training just before 10am and could pick anytime except the show starting next. When we came back at 2.30pm almost all the later time slots were still available.

We were there the week on 1/4-1/12. We rope dropped Jedi Training and got to choose any show we wanted only one or two other families were signing up. Then we ran over to Midway Mania and ride it twice with less than a 5 minute wait both times. Everyone was lined up for slinky dog and aliens or meeting toy story characters or getting pics in front of the toy story land sign.

So, does this indicate that TSL has had the intended effect of giving younger kids more to do in HS, or just that it’s new and drawing everyone that way? Discuss... :P

As much as I hate off the shelf rides, part of me wishes they’d drop in a while off the shelf park just outside the gates and offer insanely cheap tux just to try to lure people away from Galaxy’s Edge until I get brave enough to visit!! (I stayed away from Harry Potter for over a year and a half...)

We were there last Sunday- crowds were on the more moderate side. When we walked into the park at 1:30pm they were actively recruiting to fill slots for Jedi Training Academy. We were able to sign up right on Hollywood Boulevard and had the choice of any show after 3pm.

When we previously visited in October the park was busier- we were still able to tour Toy Story Land right away in the morning. Got over to Jedi Training Academy show sign up around 10:30 and still had choice of any show in the afternoon and evening.

How do you get to Jedi Training when leaving Toy Store EMM? I tried to search and couldn't find the answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter