TSMM standby only?

ForEver2016

Mouseketeer
Reading reports that TSMM will be stand by only starting sometime in April. Does anyone know why? Is this in anticipation of TSL? Will FP+ be used again once the land opens?

Thanks for any insight!

Some discussion on this over at the News and Rumors board. They are moving the TSMM entrance to align with TSL.

Certainly the ride will continue to be a FP attraction in the future.

I can't remember what thread it's in. Because they're going down to one track, it's standby only April 9 through May 8. Nobody knows what happens on May 9...

I can't remember what thread it's in. Because they're going down to one track, it's standby only April 9 through May 8. Nobody knows what happens on May 9...

I mean it has to close at least briefly right? I don’t see anyway around a total closure at some point.

I mean it has to close at least briefly right? I don’t see anyway around a total closure at some point.
I'm going to guess that because the standby only is until May 7th, after then it will be closed entirely until TSL opens! Just my thoughts though no announcements have been made.

I'm going to guess that because the standby only is until May 7th, after then it will be closed entirely until TSL opens! Just my thoughts though no announcements have been made.
Oh no, I didn't even think of that possibility. We will be at WDW May 5 - 12 and I was planning my DHS park day for May 9 or 10 hoping we could get a FP+. Looks like we may need to plan on going earlier in the week and trying to rope drop it if we really want a chance to ride.

Really bummed to hear this since TSMM is one of our favorites. I suppose we will RD it, but I wonder if even that will result in an unreasonable wait.

Really bummed to hear this since TSMM is one of our favorites. I suppose we will RD it, but I wonder if even that will result in an unreasonable wait.

There’s a really good EasyWDW post about it at the link below. Basically with one track only 6,000 people a day can ride. Approximately 30,000 people go to DHS each day. The math is not in our favor. RD or end of the day are probably going to be the only options.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/h...ory-mania-rope-drop-amid-track-closures-2918/

There’s a really good EasyWDW post about it at the link below. Basically with one track only 6,000 people a day can ride. Approximately 30,000 people go to DHS each day. The math is not in our favor. RD or end of the day are probably going to be the only options.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/h...ory-mania-rope-drop-amid-track-closures-2918/

With that many people wanting to ride, my guess is that they will close down the queue at some point before the park closes. otherwise, it would be hours after the park closes, and people could still be waiting to get on.

With that many people wanting to ride, my guess is that they will close down the queue at some point before the park closes. otherwise, it would be hours after the park closes, and people could still be waiting to get on.

You may well be right. Luckily we don’t go until 4/30 so we can see how that’s going to work before we go. I’m not sure what I’d do the first day of this.

Thanks PrincessWithABlaster for that article! We will try to rope drop, I guess. We'll be there on 4/20, so hopefully someone will be able to provide some feedback before either of us are there!

Thanks PrincessWithABlaster for that article! We will try to rope drop, I guess. We'll be there on 4/20, so hopefully someone will be able to provide some feedback before either of us are there!

I'd get there first thing in the morning if it was me. If not then right at closing would be my next choice.

I was at HS yesterday and around noon the Toy Story wait was up to 3 hours.

I will be at DHS on 4/16 & plan on going straight there after breakfast at Hollywood & Vine.

Thought they stopped fast passes right now? I'm here now and my entire trip TSMM 2-3 weeks out showed no fast passes.
I have FPs for the first week of March, but I'm considering switching them if it will be a decent wait.

Thought they stopped fast passes right now? I'm here now and my entire trip TSMM 2-3 weeks out showed no fast passes.
Isn't it operating normally now, just minus a track? And then in April it goes to standby only.

I have FP booked for our March trip. I switched out our RnR FP when it started looking like TSM was going to be tougher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter