TT vs Soarin’

glocon

DIS Veteran
When wanting to do both, which is more important to get a fp for?
I figure rope drop one and fp the other?
What do you experienced folks think?

I prefer to RD Soarin’ and FP Test Track.

Soarin’ is relatively easy / usually painless at RD.

Granted it was an isolated occurrence, but I’ve been burned by RD’ing TT before with a delayed opening due to the ride being down. That one incident has (perhaps unfairly) influenced my plan ever since. :-)

I have read that TT is better because it goes down more frequently. If you have a FP for it, they'll convert it to an anytime FP.

When wanting to do both, which is more important to get a fp for?
I figure rope drop one and fp the other?
What do you experienced folks think?
That's what we do. We always rope drop "Soarin'" and fast pass TT.

I would FP TT since this ride goes down so often since sorin has 3 theater it is unlikely to all 3 go down

Any interested in FEA?
If so I'd FP+ FEA, RD TT, and wait in SB for Soarin'.
If no interest in FEA then I'd RD TT and FP+ Soain'.
Anymore I don't even care that much about TT because I'm not a fan of the 2.0 version but I'd much rather get it done at park open when its generally running smoothly and is less likely to have to close due to rain.

I agree with RD Soarin' and then FP TT. Also, we had no problem getting 4th, 5th, 6th FP for Soarin' and wait times were often only around 30 minutes midday...so even if you can't RD it you should be fine.

We RD Soaring. Never had more than about a 10 minute wait at worst. Then have Fp for Spaceship Earth, and Nemo and then to TT FP. This has worked well. Unless you want to do Frozen, then you can't have the TT Fp.

No FEA for us. It’s me and my 21 yo son... he’s fine to skip Frozen. I think it will be fp TT, SE and MS.
Thanks all!

We're planning to RD Soarin' & FP TT....because....we like to make our vehicles in the computers in the gift shop area. We don't want to have to separate from the crowd to do this, then rejoin the line much farther back than we started. So, we'll make a FP time for later in the morning so we don't feel rushed to make our cars.

I agree with everyone about getting a FP for Test Track and RD Soarin because TT goes down more. I found on our last trip it was possible to get a 4th FP for Soarin also, so if you like it you might look into getting a FP for it as well later in the day. Both are lots of fun and have repeatability in my opinion.

Personally, I don't like to FP Test Track because it is too unreliable (with weather and mechanical problems).

Full disclosure. We take extended trips, have hoppers, and find ourselves in Epcot multiple times a trip. We've found the best time for Test Track standby is 8:55 at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter