Tub-herini: a June '18 dining report *complete, 7/6

Ah, so relieved that you enjoyed Flying Fish. It’s interesting because the “new” decor doesn’t get a lot of love here on the boards but I ADORE it and agree it says “signature.” How awesome was your server with the special dessert - that’s so sweet! Literally and figuratively, LOL. It’s definitely one of my favorites and hopefully bringing back the sauce will help draw some people back.
I agree, I think Flying Fish's current look is absolutely beautiful! It's one of my favorites as well, each visit has been awesome. :goodvibes

Sounds like the wedding was a blast! Appreciate your helping drive value in the open bar... I would have been right behind you!!!
Hahahaha, we have the right priorities as wedding guests. You could've joined the cool kids table, too! :thumbsup2

Flying Fish is incredible! We absolutely loved our meal back in May. So glad you had a wonderful meal!
!! I just saw you have a whole dining report, now I have to read it! Glad you had a lovely time there, too :) I like that you got the Under the Sea before it was removed! Such a beautiful dessert.

Awesome report so far! Loving all the seafood and adult beverages :-) You totally have my psyched to return to Flying Fish on our next trip.
Thanks! And hooray, Flying Fish is always exciting :yay:

West Coast, Best Coast: Brunch At the Top

Sunday began with plans for a leisurely brunch to kick off a day of west coast dining. I moved our California Grill brunch ADR from 11am to 10:10am that morning, and around 9:30am we were in a Lyft headed to the Contemporary Resort. This was T's first time inside the Contemporary (outside of the monorail, at least) and my first time back since I was about 9 years old, when I'd stayed with my family.

As we walked in they handed us "mimosas" (straight champagne with popping boba -- there was no juice) on the way to our table. We were seated in a spacious booth near the open kitchen. It was a very sunny day, and the restaurant was as bright and cheerful as we felt.

Just a brief note on restaurant decor, theme, atmosphere -- I love it! I like how tasteful and ~modern~ (contemporary ;)) everything looks and feels. As rooftop restaurants tend to be, it felt airy and open: it was going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day!

I particularly liked the backlit elements, from the display cabinets to the ceiling cutouts

I wanted our first CA Grill visit to be brunch because I thought it'd be beautiful in the morning sunshine, and it did not disappoint. (I also wanted to unfairly compare this to Portland City Grill's brunch at the top, which we've done twice before.) The live music jazzed up the atmosphere and experience. :thumbsup2 Even though we'd had plenty of relaxing meals and moments together earlier on this trip, I think this is the first meal we both felt fully relaxed and at ease, with all of the wedding events behind us and nothing on our itinerary that we absolutely had to do. It was lovely.

After coffees and putting in our entree orders from the menu, we hit the buffet.

my plate: deviled eggs (crispy lardon, spiced aioli), shrimp tempura roll (mango, orange drizzle), california roll (jumbo lump crabmeat), spicy tuna tekkamaki.

T's plate: basically the same, plus salmon and tuna nigiri. Hamachi (yellowtail) is his favorite, and my picture of the menu includes hamachi, but maybe it wasn't on the buffet at the time? Only explanation I can think of for why he didn't get an entire plate of hamachi nigiri.

It goes without saying -- the sushi was fresh, generous on the protein (especially the "spicy" tuna tekkamaki!), and delicious. None of these were adventurous, but all were done well.

After the bottomless bellinis the day before, I was no longer game for maximizing brunch value by downing at least 10 mimosas. Our server kept refilling our champagne flutes when they'd get just the slightest bit empty, which was excellent service!, but I hardly drank -- maybe 2 glasses total over the two hours spent at brunch. T supposedly drank around 4, which I find hard to believe considering he is practically the poster boy for abstinence from all things fun, including alcohol and excessive buying.

Shortly after we got a second plate to share, aware of our decreasing stomach space and entrees yet to come:

Same deal, plus apple salad (vanilla golden raisin vinaigrette, apples, goat cheese, candied pecans), two good but forgettable cheeses, and wild boar terrine. I really liked the apple salad -- should've started with a small plate of that plus sushi. T ate all of the wild boar terrine and said it tasted too lunch meat-y.

I think about ten seconds after I brought that plate back, our entrees appeared:

Hanger steak (two eggs, chimichurri, marble potato hash, charred red onion) for T. His steak was cooked to a perfect "medium rare, but more rare" and the chimichurri was good. I have to ask for more of his thoughts on this later because I didn't write them down. :confused3 An update: he said he thought the steak was excellent, as good as if it were from a steakhouse. He also said it was surprisingly large -- he was expecting a smaller portion since this was at a buffet.

I got the lobster eggs benedict sans ham (hate ham, hate pork, love bacon).

This is my fault for not closely inspecting the menu, but this sucked. Drab. Almost tasteless. It was so plain -- I guess I thought there might be additional... herbs, sauces, greens, something not on the menu? Salt or butter? Some seasoning?! They probably would've jazzed it up had I asked when I made the order, but I didn't think of it. The hollandaise was fine, boring and forgettable. Eggs were fine. Lobster was supposedly butter-poached but tasted plainly steamed. Everything was just plain and put together as one plain package. I should've ordered the lobster omelette (herb creme fraiche, divina tomatoes, goat cheese) but I didn't see it until we were selecting a new entree to share.

The benedict I've had twice at Portland City Grill is truly amazing and dream-worthy:

(Housemade savory biscuits, poached free-range eggs, bacon fat hollandaise | Lemon Garlic Spinach & Pistachio Pesto. This picture deceives, but it's also really big -- I'm not entirely sure they use chicken eggs because they're so large.)

But even if I weren't unfairly comparing the lobster eggs benedict to the most delicious benedict in existence, it still seemed so medicore for something coming out of CA Grill's kitchen.

When our lovely server cleared away our plates she suggested we order more entrees from the kitchen. And who are we to ignore a good recommendation?

We chose the chicken and waffles to share: piquillo pepper, cucumber, waffle, crispy fried chicken, chicken sausage gravy, blood orange syrup. I only had a few bites of this because I was sadly getting too full, but it was very good. I'd recommend for future visitors. We both thought this was the best entree out of the three we'd had that morning.

After a rest period while we talked, laughed, and I realized I had COMPLETELY MISSED the cheddar biscuits/scones/crepes section ( :sad: I thought those were gone, but they'd just moved it!), our server brought over the dessert stand:

We were both completely stuffed and just barely nibbled a few of these things. None were really to our taste, but that's just a preference. We should've ordered another entree for dessert, like the carrot cake pancakes or the vanilla bean french toast, and skipped the dessert stand.

We saved a cool $32 with Tables in Wonderland and had excellent service throughout the meal: Nadia (from Casablanca!) was wonderful, and everybody was so fast, professional, and friendly. I thought for a special occasion $80/pp was a fine price, because as with everything at WDW, you're really paying for the experience. And our experience was so lovely! The food was great, the music and atmosphere were top notch, and we had a fun time. While we don't feel the need to do brunch again anytime soon, we'll definitely return for dinner.

After settling the bill we spent some time out on each observation deck, which were hot hot hot from the intense sunshine. We had a magnificent view of the Contemporary's parking lot. I enjoyed seeing all of the boats coming and going on Seven Seas Lagoon, and we spent a while pointing out all of the buildings on the Disney skyline. We watched the monorail entering the Contemporary while on each observation deck, and T pointed out how dirty the tops of the monorails were -- what a treat. It always tickles me to see Florida's completely flat land and how the clouds perfectly mirror the flatness.

It was such a pleasant, slow morning, and T declared it his favorite meal of the trip while in the highs of post-brunch bliss. We walked around exploring the Contemporary for a bit, during which I found some of Contempo Cafe's famous cupcakes:

The confetti cake was too cute!

And the monorail cupcake! So cuuuuute :lovestruc

Not sure what kind of cupcake this was, but it pinged my cute radar. Also, the chocolate piece on top looks the same as the ones on our dessert stand at brunch!

We caught a Lyft back to the Swan and were back in our icy cool room around 12:15pm, which had already been serviced! We both changed into park clothes, and then we walked out of the lobby and right onto a bus to Animal Kingdom. The good times kept rollin' with a quick bus ride, zero lines at AK's entrance, and sunny, hot-but-beautiful weather. We did our three FP (FOP, Everest, Safaris), along with lots of wandering, watching animals, penny pressing, and taking photopass photos. We left AK probably around 4pm, and randomly made friends with a man in a similar tech sector also waiting for the Swan/Dolphin bus. (He lives in California, so it's in keeping with the west coast dining day. :laughing:) We all chatted the rest of the way back to the Swan, and then we hit the gym and showered before dinner.

Up next, we head north on I-5 for our last dinner of the trip...

Last edited:
WOW!! What a fantastic and magical bunch. I am so glad you had a wonderful experience, as I've been reading a few reviews of late that were decidedly disappointing (especially for the cost).

WOW!! What a fantastic and magical bunch. I am so glad you had a wonderful experience, as I've been reading a few reviews of late that were decidedly disappointing (especially for the cost).

Any cost can be justified with bottomless mimosas and Tables in Wonderland! :thumbsup2 We wouldn't do this on every trip but the cost seemed fair for Disney pricing/a special experience. We really did have a fantastic time! :cloud9:

I am trying the brunch for the first time next month and I am sooooo excited! But first I have a dumb question. Those boba ball things ... you’re just supposed to get a couple with each sip? Do you swallow like a pill? Chew? I’m so un-hip. :rolleyes: Steak and chicken and waffles definitely on my radar. I can’t wait!! So glad you were able to relax and enjoy after all the wedding obligations. Afternoon at AK sounds great. Love that park!! Last dinner?? I don’t want your trip to be over already. You’ll just have to go back soon!!!

Just joining in. Binge read everything and have to say you have had some delicious looking meals. There are a few I'm going to in a few months so it's nice to see what the food on the menu looks like. We were at the California Grill Brunch at the same time as you, was looking to see if we might have been in the background of your pictures :) It's one of my favorite meals at Disney now.

I am trying the brunch for the first time next month and I am sooooo excited! But first I have a dumb question. Those boba ball things ... you’re just supposed to get a couple with each sip? Do you swallow like a pill? Chew? I’m so un-hip. :rolleyes:
You'll probably get a few boba in your mouth with each sip, and they burst when you apply very slight pressure -- like pressing it with your tongue against the roof of the mouth. There isn't really any "chewing" in that sense. You shouldn't swallow them whole, you'll want to pop them to get that burst of flavor! Explaining the mechanics of this looks so weird written out. :laughing: I think the mimosa of the day changes, but it seems like anyone who's been recently has had popping boba.

Steak and chicken and waffles definitely on my radar. I can’t wait!!
Hooray!! Eager to read your report when you're back :thumbsup2

Last dinner?? I don’t want your trip to be over already. You’ll just have to go back soon!!!
That's how we feel! Meanwhile, planning a potential September trip... :scratchin

A little bit of West Coast on the East Coast is definitely a magical thing. As an East Coast kinda gal I love when we can get any food or beverage from the left coast :-)

Glad to see you all enjoyed brunch. We're huge fans too, though no way I could restrain myself when faced with limited mimosas. I made the same mistake of ordering the lobster benedict too and was disappointed. The fried chicken looks immensely better. Maybe CG should get the Portland Grill's recipe :-)

Just joining in. Binge read everything and have to say you have had some delicious looking meals. There are a few I'm going to in a few months so it's nice to see what the food on the menu looks like. We were at the California Grill Brunch at the same time as you, was looking to see if we might have been in the background of your pictures :) It's one of my favorite meals at Disney now.

No way!! On 6/10? We met a nice gal dressed in Pandora/Na'vi cosplay that evening back at CA Grill for the fireworks, I don't suppose that was you? :) We really liked CG's brunch too, it lived up to the hype!

A little bit of West Coast on the East Coast is definitely a magical thing. As an East Coast kinda gal I love when we can get any food or beverage from the left coast :-)

Glad to see you all enjoyed brunch. We're huge fans too, though no way I could restrain myself when faced with limited mimosas. I made the same mistake of ordering the lobster benedict too and was disappointed. The fried chicken looks immensely better. Maybe CG should get the Portland Grill's recipe :-)

The fried chicken was awesome, wished I'd ordered that to begin with -- but how funny that we've all fallen prey to the disappointing lobster benedict :laughing:

No way!! On 6/10? We met a nice gal dressed in Pandora/Na'vi cosplay that evening back at CA Grill for the fireworks, I don't suppose that was you? :) We really liked CG's brunch too, it lived up to the hype!
LOL that was not me I was dressed in normal clothes. But I was there on 6/10 :)

You Have Died of Dysentery: Artist Point

After the worst Lyft of the trip (weird driver, got lost, was a bit hostile -- but all other rides were great), we arrived at the Wilderness Lodge! :hyper: I had moved our Artist Point reservation back from something like 7:30pm to 6:45, because I wanted to make sure we had enough time to get over to California Grill's observation deck for Happily Ever After. I was worried the restaurant would be busy or the meal would be super slow. Neither happened, of course, and we had plenty of time.

We were both really looking forward to this dinner as we live in, and love, the Pacific Northwest. Originally we had other dinner plans, but when I booked the Cali Grill brunch in the week leading up to this trip, I saw a ~romantic opening~ to finally experience Artist Point and then see fireworks after dinner with our brunch receipt. Also, it seemed appropriate to eat here for our last dinner, like a farewell to Disney World but also a welcome back to Oregon at the same time :)

It was quiet and empty that night, right in the middle of dinner service. While it was nice and ~romantic~ for us, it broke my heart a little to think this might be the reality behind the rumors of Artist Point turning into character dining for all 3 meals. :( A thunderstorm began shortly after we were seated, which amused us since the rain really completes the PNW theme of the restaurant. Amazing how Mickey times the weather so well! ;)

I started off with the Seattle City Apple Martini (Skyy Vodka, DeKuyper Pucker Sour Apple, Monin Granny Smith Apple, Sweet-and-Sour). T was back to his teetotaler ways after going bonkers with 4 mimosas at brunch, so he drank water (yet still stole sips of my drink).

It was a good appletini, but not memorable.

The bread service and butter overpowered our mere mortal senses. We received two rounds and plowed through both, once again transforming into Chihiro's parents from Spirited Away. Simple, but delicious multigrain bread and salted butter.

This completely interrupts the storyline, but here's a picture of what was offered for the "Taste of the Pacific" prix fixe selections when we were there. It irks me that the choices aren't listed on the menu online:

($75 for food, $25 for wine, and you select one from each course.)

For appetizers, I knew I was going to get the famous smoked mushroom bisque well before our server recommended it. T ordered the bisque as well, which was unusual because he normally needs at least 5 minutes of lobbying before he'll even consider an appetizer. Also, we tend to order different things so we can sample and share the maximum amount of dishes on a menu -- but this worked out for the best because after that first spoonful of bisque, I knew I'd never share it with him.

(smoked mushroom bisque: nettle pistou, sunflower seed, salsify | $13)

This was smooth, creamy and meaty, yet totally vegetarian. Our server (Donald) described this as tasting almost like bacon and nothing like mushroom, and I remember thinking that was an accurate description. I find its flavor difficult to describe even now, because it doesn't really taste like bacon, but the smokiness is delightful. The soup's delicious, the salsify is delicious, and it's very hearty.

For unknown reasons, I made T wait so I could take a picture of his identical bisque... :rotfl2:

If Artist Point ever offers an unlimited bread + smoked mushroom bisque combo, I'll be first in line. (I think it would make a popular lunch option, particularly in the fall/winter, if they *have* to open up Artist Point for all meals.) This was wonderful, and very much deserves its status as one of Artist Point's signature items.

We were already full from the bisques and 2 loaves of bread, but magically made room for our entrees when they came out:

(petit aged buffalo strip loin: braised buffalo short rib, farro "risotto", fava beans, watercress, vadouvan | $49)

Apologies for the poor photo. This dish was incredible!!!! The buffalo loin was so good, and I LOVED that buffalo short rib. It was so tender and flavorful, like the king of pot roasts. I loved the sauce and au jus, too. The "risotto" was wheatberry, not farro -- also delicious. If we go back before Artist Point's potential "reimagining," I hope this is still on the menu.

I was set on ordering the farm egg pappardelle, which came out like this:

(farm egg pappardelle: duck ragout, English peas, dandelion greens, aged cow's milk cheese | $34)

If you're thinking what the duck? then you are in excellent company. I was expecting a light sprinkling of cheese, not a mountain's worth! You can also see the chunk of cheese they'd grated from in the front of the bowl, a thoughtful addition just in case I needed more.

Let's take a look at this monstrosity all mixed together...

Oh no, now it looks worse! :rotfl: I love duck and hardly get a chance to eat it, so that explains why I had my stomach set on this entree after seeing it on the menu. Admittedly, I was expecting the duck ragout to look a little more like this...

(Canard Confit Aux Gnocchi à la Parisienne: Braised Duck Confit with Parisian Gnocchi, $5.75, from Fleur de Lys (France) booth at Flower & Garden this past May. This was awesome.)

...because who expects a duck ragout in a near-alfredo sauce?! :confused: I thought it'd be a brown gravy deal, clearly I was off the mark. BUT, it was still delicious, just ugly delicious. The pappardelle were huge, tasted handmade, and cooked well. The cheese was sharp but rich. The duck was delicious and plentiful if not highly unattractive in pinkish-grey shades. I loved the bitter dandelion greens, which expertly cut through the cheesy richness -- I could've gone for a double portion of greens, for sure -- and the peas were just peas. I was very happy with this dish overall; the only thing missing was ground pepper (and then it'd be cacio e pepe with duck and greens, which is basically what it was anyway). Just be aware it's one heavy, bulging portion of food!

I also ordered crispy brussels sprouts for us to share:

(crispy brussels sprouts, fermented bean vinaigrette | $9)

These were roasted and crisped nicely, delicious overall, and the "vinaigrette" was caramelized in spots so there were some chewy-crispy bits. But they were a bit heavy handed on the "vinaigrette," which was very salty (as expected for what I'm guessing is their take on a black bean sauce). Still, this was good and I'd eat it again.

We couldn't finish our entrees or the sprouts, so we boxed up leftovers to go. We had no room for dessert, sadly. We saved $25.90 with Tables in Wonderland.

Our first time at Artist Point was delightful, from the setting to the service and food. I really hope Artist Point isn't turned into all-day character dining, and that it remains a signature with exquisite buffalo and the best known bisque on all of WDW property. :lovestruc

~~~~~

We walked around the Lodge a bit in search of a penny press machine, but didn't happen across one. We'd already explored the resort back in January and we continued that by heading upstairs to admire the details and explore the homey nooks-and-crannies. It was a serious struggle to walk up a few flights of stairs after all of dinner! There were lots of small fireplaces and oversized seating areas; Wilderness Lodge really excels at its theme.

Look at all of these coins just waiting to be pressed!

super cute fireplace screen!

This desk setup reminded me of our alma mater's library and writing my thesis. *shudders*

We settled on the fourth floor in these awesome chairs, next to yet another adorable fireplace screen. We lounged for a while, digesting and watching the sunset (by "watch" I mean we had our backs to the window and only turned around a few times, but hey).

Also during this time I canceled our Animal Kingdom fastpasses for the next day, which we agreed on over dinner. An accidental tradition of ours has been to visit AK as the last park before flying home, but we planned to eat in World Showcase for lunch and didn't feel like bussing back and forth. Plus, it's just so nice to get up and walk from the Swan to the International Gateway, so we canceled in favor of Epcot. Plus plus we hadn't yet gone on Mission Space this trip and that is one of T's favorite rides. Even though we were making fastpasses about 13 hours in advance, I was able to get the times we wanted for Mission Space, Soarin', and Living with the Land, and we probably made some people happy by releasing FOP fastpasses!

After a little more exploration we went down to the boat dock, where a boat headed for the Contemporary was about to depart. Score! We hopped on and had a nice, pleasant boat ride, chatting with some folks behind us who had spent the day resort-hopping. What was supposed to be a 3 minute ride turned into something like 10 minutes because we were waiting for the Pirates Fireworks boats to leave the dock.

After reaching dry land we stopped for some photos...

...and then we were back at the top of the Contemporary, a mere 9 hours after we were last there! How time flies.

We went out onto the further deck, which had been recommended to us by a host that morning, and from there we saw Illuminations and I think part of Fantasmic or SW:AGS while we waited for Magic Kingdom's fireworks to start. We also saw bits of the Electrical Water Pageant running around the lagoon, and chatted with some folks nearby. Then we watched Happily Ever After, first time for T:

I thought it was fun! This may have been the highest point from which I've ever seen a fireworks show. Definitely "better" to see the fireworks from Fantasyland but it was cool to see them from this angle. T was less amused since he had stood in front of one of the speakers the entire time and it was much too loud. For the record, I asked him if he wanted to move before the show started, thinking that might be a problem! He declined. I stood behind him the whole time and he effectively body-blocked me from the speakers, so it didn't bother me.

We hung around taking pictures and enjoying the evening breeze for a while since the elevator to leave CA Grill was experiencing a traffic jam anyway.

A nice gal in a Na'vi costume very kindly took some photos of us together :teeth: but T upstaged me in all of them! :laughing:

After hanging out on both observation decks and enjoying the view of the Magic Kingdom area one last time, we got in a Lyft headed back to the Swan. The driver was bumpin' old school Mariah Carey, which is in no way relevant to this report (neither were the last several photos/paragraphs) but it was great and should be noted! :music:

Not wanting the night or trip to end, we decided to go to Kimonos for the first time to use up some of those drink vouchers I mentioned waaay back in the first post, since we had utterly failed to use any of them!

It was surprisingly busy in there -- not overcrowded, but almost every table was full and buzzing with activity. It's much less formal than the "signature" dress code (I saw a woman in Daisy Dukes and a tank top) stated for this place, so definitely don't worry about that. We mostly saw conventioneers in business casual. We found seats at the bar and ordered some nightcaps:

T's was a lychee orange martini (good, decently strong, and not on their online menu so I don't remember what was in this) and mine was "The Kimonos Dragon" (Bacardi dragonberry rum, passion tea syrup, champagne -- not really strong but whatever). They were both $13; the bartender said vouchers were good for anything up to $15.

I wish we'd eaten here on another night -- I've meant to for a while but we still haven't eaten there, and the sushi looked delicious.

Karaoke was well underway when we showed up so, naturally, T abandoned his drink after about 2 minutes and submitted his karaoke request...

What follows was, regrettably, not recorded on video! I will say I was surprised he wanted to sing at all because he CANNOT carry a tune to save his life. We'll sing songs or hum, and I'm constantly reminding him "that is not the melody..." or some variation. Love T, but he is not proficient at anything musically related. He also knew exactly what he wanted to sing before even looking at the song book -- he just told me to flip to S and boom, Spice Girls, his song was there. :rotfl2:

Suffice to say, he provided excellent entertainment for the whole restaurant. The bartender and I shared lots of laughs ("does he even know this song?" "he LOVES this song!"), the karaoke attendant got up during an instrumental part and admonished him with "T! I thought you said you knew this song!", and a lady conventioneer took pity on him and helped sing the second half. :rotfl:She was excellent!

Shortly after, we headed up to the room, packed, and went to bed. It was a wonderful, long, fun-filled day from beginning to end. :goodvibes

Up next, our last day... :sad:

Last edited:
LOL Karaoke--that sounds hilarious! :)

After we ordered appetizers and entrees, the bread service arrived and it was new, too -- out with the sea salt butter, in with some of the best ricotta ever and herb oil. The ricotta is very light, creamy, and fluffy. I can't remember what herbs were part of the oil but they were delicious, and the seaweed sourdough was as warm and tasty as ever. (It's only a faint flavor of nori, if you're hesitant.) Despite remembering how the bread fiasco at bluezoo turned us into the parent-pigs from Spirited Away, we definitely ate all of this.
That looks amaaaaaaaaaaazing. We've got an ADR here and I was a bit wary of the seaweed, but now I'm excited! :)

With Tables in Wonderland we saved $29.10. We had chatted and laughed with Oliver every time we saw him, we really enjoyed the evening, and the mini Under the Sea was some super magical pixie dust and totally unexpected. So, on top of the 18% auto-gratuity we added $15. This was a wonderful meal from start to finish, and the service was exceptional. :cloud9:
Yay! Your meal sounds amazing...I can't wait to eat here now! And that was so nice of Oliver--seriously, Disney's customer service is the best.

IMG_6230.jpg

That looks so cool!

If you're thinking what the duck? then you are in excellent company. I was expecting a light sprinkling of cheese, not a mountain's worth!

That is the amount of cheese I usually put on things :rotfl:

Karaoke was well underway when we showed up so, naturally, T abandoned his drink after about 2 minutes and submitted his karaoke request...

:lmao: omg yes! I also can't sing and at my dad's birthday one year I got up and sang "roses" by outkast :rotfl: it was not quite an appropriate choice and no one else who came up with me knew the words. But that's the night I met my boyfriend (about a year before we started dating) so I like to think I wooed him with my karaoke skills.

Your dress is so pretty!

I loved the mushroom soup when we dined at Artist’s Point. I think it’s a bit different now; I don’t believe it had salsify (whatever that is) in it.

I am told that you can get the soup at the Territory Lounge.

LOL Karaoke--that sounds hilarious! :)
It was so much fun! Wish I'd recorded the whole thing, he was "singing" offbeat the entire time but he had a blast :laughing:

That looks amaaaaaaaaaaazing. We've got an ADR here and I was a bit wary of the seaweed, but now I'm excited! :)
Definitely don't worry about the seaweed, it's not noticeable at all! Glad you're excited, Flying Fish is an awesome meal!!

That is the amount of cheese I usually put on things :rotfl:
then this dish was prepared with you in mind! :laughing:
:lmao: omg yes! I also can't sing and at my dad's birthday one year I got up and sang "roses" by outkast :rotfl: it was not quite an appropriate choice and no one else who came up with me knew the words. But that's the night I met my boyfriend (about a year before we started dating) so I like to think I wooed him with my karaoke skills.
LOL I see how Roses would be tough without the right crowd, that's hilarious. That's another song (like Wannabe!) that benefits from backing vocals. Safe to say Josh was so taken with your karaoke song choice that it led directly to dating! :thumbsup2

This looks delicious. I really wanted to try this restaurant, but when I went to make a reservation for November it wasn't available.
Supposedly they are revamping Artist Point after October, possibly into character dining all day, or just for breakfast/lunch... I hope dinner doesn't change!

So I love Parmesan cheese and this is how my typical pasta dish looks like.
They definitely weren't shy about cheese!

Your dress is so pretty!
Thank you! It was my favorite of the ~fancy~ dresses I brought along, and I wore this one to the wedding. Loved it so much!

I loved the mushroom soup when we dined at Artist’s Point. I think it’s a bit different now; I don’t believe it had salsify (whatever that is) in it.
The salsify are the dried root vegetable shavings on top of the soup :)

I am told that you can get the soup at the Territory Lounge.
It is on Territory Lounge's menu, and fondue too, which looks awesome.

Stopping in to tell you I JUST realized you have this going, I can't believe I'm so late >:( But I'm on page two so I'm catching up, loving it so far!!

Stopping in to tell you I JUST realized you have this going, I can't believe I'm so late >:( But I'm on page two so I'm catching up, loving it so far!!
Haha, no worries! You're not late, I just tried to put out updates as quickly as possible so I wouldn't forget things. Thanks for reading! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!