Tub-herini: a June '18 dining report *complete, 7/6

I LOVED your report and say there’s no shelf life so have at it if you have more to share! At the very least, will be looking forward to your September report - food & wine festival time!! I have brunch at California Grill in a few weeks - SO excited! And am contemplating a visit to AP to have that soup one more time given its uncertain future. Perfect sign-off. Tubherini!!
I'm excited for you to do CA Grill brunch! Do a dining report when you're back, I would love to read it! :)

Awesome report and yes, do the other ones too! And thank you for explaining the title of your report...I've been wondering ;)
Got to the end and realized, hmmm... never did explain the title... :laughing:

I really hope I can try this one day.
I hope you can too! Everyone should try its deliciousness at least once :)

This looks delicious. I really wanted to try this restaurant, but when I went to make a reservation for November it wasn't available.

You can get the soup and bread in the Territory Lounge-my husband had a burger and truffle fries that he said were amazing! It’s a cute place to sit and the menu was pretty extensive.

What a great trip report-thanks so much for sharing. I’m really sorry now we didn’t get to Flying Fish last April.

I spent a lot of time looking at Bluezoo for our upcoming trip. Really at every seafood place, because that's something we can't get where we live. Not only did I grow up in the Pacific Northwest, but my grandfather was a commercial fisherman. I miss free halibut!! Anyway, clearly something to keep on the list for a future trip.

And maybe ask for extra butter with the bread basket!

I saved the best for last... the "Malva pudding" :love: we shared one, which turned into a plate of three, then a plate of four, and then we took four back to our room because Maureen loves us and we love her. We really tried to stop after that plate of three but she encouraged us to eat more! We of course weren't even hungry by the time of the first dessert plate -- we were really just nibbling at dessert -- but these are sooooooooooo good. I want them even now.

They're a very, very lightly spiced cake soaked in what I ~think~ is amarula, which is also what they use to make the cream filling in zebra domes. Now, I don't think they taste at all similar, but Maureen said they both use amarula liqueur, so I'll take her word for it. They're perfectly springy and spongy, light, not too sweet, and ridiculously good. T doesn't even normally like any kind of cake and he couldn't stop himself, either. They're simple, but delicious, and so hard to resist!

IMG_5134.jpg

little heavenly delights

I'm glad I saw this! My dining guide says they have these at Harambe Market and they're a snack credit. Added to list!

Following my valiant effort to finish most of the cupcake and absorb its beauty, I finally internalized that part of Into the Woods where Little Red Riding Hood sings "nice is different than good." I really didn't need to eat this. It was beautiful, but I didn't need to purchase or consume it to appreciate the design.

My favorite musical!

(Sorry, LMM.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!