turbo tax software (intuit)

rickc77

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Just wondering how many folks out there
use turbo tax to do their taxes. I am also
interested in finding out if you encountered
any problems with the software this year.

I just heard rumors about the software, but
just wanted to ask around first.

thanks,

Hi Rick!

I have been a Turbo Tax user for the past 4 years, but based upon the warning that Webmaster Alex (a techno-geek ;) ) gave on the problems with it, I opted to get Tax Cut this year. As you have probably heard that this year's version has on it a program called c-dilla that cannot be removed from your machine using any methods. AndTurbo Tax cannot be reinstalled, if needed, without jumping through hoops with Intuit.

Truthfully I don't know if anyone has posted that they have experienced any problems, but I did not want to take a chance.

I will see if I can find the (lengthy) thread concerning this.

Hi Beth.....

I completely forgot where I had read about the turbo tax issues until you mentioned ALex. I do have the original message.

How did you like taxcut vs turbotax....are they both about the same?

thanks....

I used Turbo Tax this year and did not have any problems. However, I used a version that was on my Insurance company's website. I didn't download any information and all my data was held on the Insurance website.

Thank goodness you have the original thread Jeff - because it is just about impossible to find ANYTHING on this board if you cannot use Search. :rolleyes: ;)

I have not gotten TOO far into the program - just inputting the W-2 data. But it seems to be just like Turbo Tax. It goes through the "interview" just the way that TT does. And in case you did not know, Tax Cut WILL pick up last year's information even if you used TT. It asks you when you start if you want to load last year's tax information. So that really saves time.

Where did you hear your rumors about TT? Are other people experiencing problems?

I have used it in the past, am using it this year again. Just did my daughter's taxes a couple days ago and it was fine. Wish I was getting a refund, LOL. I will do my son's this weekend and mine whenever.

Turbo Tax recently announced that an uninstaller is now included for c-dilla when you update your Turbo Tax online before using it. I purchased it long ago and will be using it for the fourth year in a row.

My dad used it and had no problems that we know of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter