Turkey Legs

Shells9

My Tag Fairy Tags are gone!
Where can one get a good turkey leg in the world?
DH had one this summer at Dollywood and is now just obessed with the things.

The one we had at Dollywood really was good, though.

Believe me......you will find them!!! As I recall, they are sold at the ramp leading up to the Land building at Epcot....and also in Frontierland across from Contry Bear Jamboree. I'm sure there are other locations too. This topic is a joke with my dh and our family. They know how much I detest seeing them!!!

Annie

I've never had one and I don't plan to although people seem to love them! As annie5379 wrote, you will find them in Frontier Land in MK and I also saw them at the Disney Studios heading towards Tower of Terror and Rock N Rollercoaster. Enjoy!

How much are they? I have never tried one, but I think this may be something we'll try this time...

Our favorite place is the lunching pad in magic kingdom.

They always taste the best from there.

that is at least one place in every park you can get them. In fact, I believe you can get them at two in Epcot in both sections. They smell sooooooooooo good!

I believe they cost around 4.50 to 5.00........they really are yummy! Although you feel like Fred Flintstone while you eat one.
:sunny:

There was a show on the TVFood Network a while back - amusment park food unwrapped or Disney food unwrapped or something...maybe top ten? Anyway, they showed how they make the turkey legs with a salt/sugar cure and smoke them - they actually looked REALLY good. I've had one at a festival and it was pretty dry...so I'm anxious to try the Disney Variety.

It appears that most of them are $4.49 or $4.99 and I've heard they are enough for two adults to share :)

For two adults share me and DW share one each trip.::yes:: :wave2:

My boys discoverd these last Nov. and love them, DH has always liked them and they looked for them in Disneyland when we were there this past summer too. The boys always share one, they are quite large. Another location you can get them in the MK is in Tomorrowland at the concession stand under the transit authority ride( I think that is the name, I still call it the Wedway People Mover)

I was wondering if they were really smoked cause some places they are deep fried ( know that is the currrent rage but just sounds disgusting to me sorrry)
glad they are..now does anyone have any idea how big they are? like a pound or what . do you make a whole meal on them or more of a snack?

Originally posted by Familymoon
There was a show on the TVFood Network a while back - amusment park food unwrapped or Disney food unwrapped or something...maybe top ten?

That was the best show! It was all about WDW food and covered everything from the perfect pizzas they make to Mickey Bars to donuts to the turkey legs. Be sure to watch it if it plays again.

P.s. I think it was on the travel channel, but I could be wrong about that.

I went two weeks ago and every stand i saw was selling them for $5. All i have to say is make sure you are hungry, and make sure you have a toothpick or some floss with you. otherwise, you get that one piece that will stay in there all day irking you:tongue:

There may be a turkey leg cart near the American Pavillion at Epcot. We often get one and everyone pulls pieces off as a snack in the afternoon. The kids at first said yuck when they saw it and then of course ate the most.

Frontier Land has them. They are sold out of a little hut thing near the lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter