Turning 26 At Flower & Garden's 25th-May 2018 PTR-Updated 1/13 ADRs

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Raeven, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

For those of you who haven't read one of our trip reports before
    :welcome:
    My name is Raeven! :wave2:

[​IMG]

I'm 25, work as an administrator at a furniture store, and I'm the planner, photographer, and TR writer for our trips.
    I love celebrating holidays Disney style, eating all the Disney food, and feel most in the Christmas spirit when there's no snow on the ground, So I guess Christmastime at Disney is perfect for me!

[​IMG]

Just a warning I can be indecisive while planning so the changes might come fast in this PTR. I find my trips don't always resemble what they started out to be by the time we go, but this time we'll be planning a trip with under 3 months to go :eek:

[​IMG]

This is my trip partner and boyfriend of 4 years, Josh:

[​IMG]

December in Disney is perfect for him too, because it's also his birthday!

[​IMG]

He'll be turning 32 the day after this trip, and he knows a birthday means steak, Erin Mckennas, and lots of other gluten free deliciousness. It also means a chance to wear his Indiana Jones hat and birthday surprises!
    (I haven't decided what to do yet this year though :scratchin).

This will be our 6th trip to Disney! (We have an upcoming weekend trip for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal and F&W
    ).

[​IMG]

Our first trip was in September 2015, and the following year we decided to get annual passes and do 4 trips in one year. We went in September 2016, December 2016, and May 2017. We did have a trip planned for September 2017 to finish out the year of our annual passes, but we ended up canceling our trip last week due to the hurricane. Keeping next weekend for a short HHN trip, and moving the actual trip to December. (We couldn't move it to any of the following weeks due to all those weeks already being taken at my work).

But I had really wanted to go in December this year and hadn't been able to find flights that worked for a shorter trip...and Josh got sick last year and wanted a do over....so Christmastime it was!

[​IMG]

Because we booked so close to the trip we didn't find much availability at hotels. But currently we're staying at Cabana Bay Beach Resort on December 8th-12th (we might head to Disney one of those days still though), and Port Orleans French Quarter on December 12th-16th.

[​IMG]

And because of this (and the fact that we are definitely going again next year) we decided to renew our AP's. :cheer2: If all goes as planned this will be trip 1/3 for these AP's.

[​IMG]

Also we started vlogging on our last trip in May, and had a lot of fun doing so! It seemed like people reading the TR really liked watching them too. So we'll be vlogging again on this trip too! (You can find the link to previous vlogs is in my signature along with all our previous PTRS, TRs, and DTRs).

After thinking about the perfect Christmas PTR title (and trying to think of something Disney) I ultimately settled on my favorite Christmas movie, Elf. And when I think of Elf I immediately think of this quote; which I find to be one of the funniest lines in the movie.

tumblr_nypsa2SUcF1tbfz4uo1_500.gif

Coming up next: our ADRs! & updates on our weekend trip

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. DLo

DLo DIS Veteran

Sorry you had to cancel but glad you are making best of the situation !

Raeven likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

What a coincidence, me too!!! :thumbsup2

YAY!!!!!!!!

Yep! ::yes:: In fact, I "blame" you for my obsession with vlogs before leaving for my trip last month :laughing: And by "blame" I really mean thank ;)

Raeven likes this.
  5. rmw1313

rmw1313 Earning My Ears

Sorry you had to cancel your trip :-( But your Christmas trip is giving me serious Dis-Jealousy right now!

Raeven likes this.
  6. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Aw thanks. I was really bummed out at first, but I think this is a better idea.

:thumbsup2

:rotfl: They're so fun to watch.

Aw thank you. I'm excited to go at Christmas though! Just a bit bummed about missing Mnsshp and F&W. I have to go catch up on your PTR I must have forgor to click "watch thread" because I just saw it today!

Tracy161 likes this.
  7. Neverland_Girl

Neverland_Girl Mouseketeer

I caught the tail end of your other PTR so I'm going to try and follow this one. Sorry you had to cancel your trip, but at least you'll get a little taste next weekend, and you had an incentive to renew your APs for next year.

Raeven likes this.
  8. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

:wave2::welcome: Thanks for following! It wasn't fun canceling the trip, but I feel like it was the right choice so I'm not too upset. I'm hoping everything goes right to make this weekend trip possible though, I'd be a lot more upset if we couldn't see HHN at all because we wait all year for it. :rotfl: We weren't planning on renewing our AP's, but if there's a good reason...why not?

9. amyrose26

amyrose26 Earning My Ears

I just finished the last trip report. I can't wait for the next one. Haha. I'm super jealous you are going in a few months. It sucks that you had to cancel this months trip. But at least you are doing a long weekend.

Raeven likes this.
  10. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Sorry the conclusion of that TR was so anti climactic :laughing: The most annoying part of planning so close is the ADR and hotel availability hasn't been great, and it does suck having to cancel last minute but I'm glad we didn't go down before the hurricane. I'm still a bit nervous about the flights that weekend maybe getting delayed or something but I think things should be clear by then.

11. wellesleyprincess

wellesleyprincess DIS Veteran

Following!
    I need to live vicariously through someone since my Husband and I won't make it back until Fall 2018 at the earliest.

Raeven likes this.
  12. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Here!! Will go back and read in a bit!! (Elf is my faaavorite by the way! Good title choice!)

Raeven likes this.
  13. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

:welcome:

:wave2: Thank you! Elf is the BEST holiday movie!

14. amyrose26

amyrose26 Earning My Ears

I have done a super spur the moment trip and the same issues. But you're going to Disney so who cares. Your flights should be fine. I doubt they will be delayed.

Raeven likes this.
  15. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Definitely! I feel lucky we found a hotel at all there wasn't much left. I've already managed to snag one of the reservations we couldn't find at first too!

As for the delays I think we may have to wait to find out, but it looks like it's up to the individual airline and Southwest is aiming to be operating fully out of MCO by Thursday. I hope that means no more delays or cancellations after that!

16. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

I'm here too! Yay for booking for December!

Raeven likes this.
  17. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Hi! Just found this :goodvibes Was thinking about you leaving this Friday earlier today.
    Can't wait to hear your Dec. plans!

Raeven likes this.
  18. kaymil

kaymil Dis Veteran

Yay! So excited that everything ended up working out for you--and obviously cancelling was the right decision :thumbsup2

POFQ is one of my FAVES. Make sure your boyfriend gets GF beignets at the QS restaurant there! They're delicious, especially with the dipping sauce!

Raeven likes this.
  19. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your plans as they come together! I'm thinking I'll also do a December/January PTR...maybe? Possibly? But I've been such a fail on the Dis lately that it may not happen. lol. What a shame that we keep missing each other by just a week or two!

Raeven likes this.
  20. PrincessAshlee

PrincessAshlee Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear that you had to cancel last week because of the Hurricane, but there are so many things to be excited about: weekend trip for HHN TOMORROW, going again at Christmastime, and renewing your APs!!! I can't wait to hear about your plans for December! I booked our last trip with under 3 months to go and was surprised how many ADRs opened up really close to our trip. I was able to get everything that we wanted. I hope that it works out that way for you too. The reservation finder sites are awesome!

Hope you have a great trip this weekend!! :cool1:

Raeven likes this.
  21. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

:thumbsup2 I'm excited to see you again!

:wave2: December plans are coming soon! After I get back this weekend.

:thumbsup2 Yes! He had them during our last stay there and he liked them!

:wave2: Ooo when are you going again? Aw, it is a shame!

YES! Yeah I've already found one of the ones I was looking for, but I put looking for some on hold until after this weekend. Thank you!