Turning 26 At Flower & Garden's 25th-May 2018 PTR-Updated 1/13 ADRs

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by Raeven, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Hey, your trip is right around the corner...:santa:

Raeven likes this.
  2. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Fair enough that's how Josh feels too :laughing: It's so good you'd love it!

Yes! :cheer2:

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Christmas Trip-4 days, 11 hours!

This week we saw Coco, and loved it! :lovestruc I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I also liked the Frozen short before it too. This weekend we finally got our Christmas decorations up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have a lot of fox ornaments:

[​IMG]

Here's some Disney ornaments from my childhood
    :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love these chubby chef snowmen with pies (they're Josh's) :rotfl: & here's a closer look at the UOAP ornament we got this year:

[​IMG]

Also yes I have a bacon and eggs ornament:

[​IMG]

Christmas ornament selfie!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you were wondering, yes our tree topper is Robin Hood riding a Coca Cola polar bear :rotfl: Here's a close up:

[​IMG]

We do have more Disney ornaments I didn't get pictures of, but I'm hoping to buy a few more during our trip too!

Itinerary Posts Continued:

12/12-Epcot/MVMCP

ADRs
    : Le Cellier-11am, Dluxe Burger
    Fps: Soarin, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth

We'll start this day off with lunch at Le Cellier. I'm very excited for several things here like the cheese soup, their take on poutine, and the filet! :lovestruc I'll also be trying Soarin' for the first time, and Josh will be seeing the new(ish) Soarin' for the first time. After some time in Epcot we'll probably take a small break then head to DS for dinner at Dluxe Burger.

[​IMG]

Afterwards we'll head to MVMCP! I'm so excited to try all the snacks, ride lots of rides, see the fireworks/snoap and parade, and meet Nick Wilde again!

[​IMG]

12/13-HS

ADRs: Sci Fi Dine In-11:05 am, JBJB Dessert Party-6:30 pm, Raglan Road-9:45 pm
    Fps: TSMM, Frozen Sing Along, ToT
    Night show: Jingle Bell Jingle Bam
    Snacks: Hot chocolate flight, Brown Derby Lounge, Baseline Tap

We'll start this day with Sci fi Dine In (one of Josh's birthday requests).

[​IMG]

I really wanted to incorporate the Brown Derby into the day, but it just didn't fit so I think we'll just go to the lounge for dessert (and possibly a cobb salad) afterwards. Besides our FP's I think we'll try to see the Beauty and the Beast show for the first time, and maybe get Josh on RNR which he's never been on. I also want to meet Olaf (we never seem to end up getting to this), try the hot chocolate flight at Fairfax Faire, meet Groot and Star Lord one more time before they go, and at least check out Baseline Tap.

[​IMG]

I think we have to check into the dessert party by 5ish. I'm so excited for this dessert party and all the Christmas-y snacks!

[​IMG]

After JBJB we planned a reservation in DS because I have a feeling we may be hungry because aside from dessert we won't be eating much. I decided to move Raglan Road to this night because I have a feeling I'll fill up mainly at the dessert party, but Josh probably won't. I'm not too interested in most the food at Raglan Road so I'll probably just grab fries and the bread pudding while he eats something for dinner.

We'll also briefly be heading over on 12/14 to get dinner at Shulas, check out Phins, and have dismeets with @chunkymonkey and possibly @amalone1013 at some point in the night!

I'll probably post throughout this week too, with a short vlog and summary of our final plans the night before we go!

[​IMG]

And I'll end this with some hilarious Photopass outtakes from our last December trip that I didn't notice until I scrolled back through my pictures on MDE:

I don't know why but the realistic looking reindeer and gingerbread guy look so out of place and strange to me :rotfl:

[​IMG]

They love asking us to do sassy poses:

[​IMG]

This isn't bad it just looks way too chaotic on the street behind us and I'm not sure what we were supposed to be taking a picture in front of:

[​IMG]

#ThanksPhotopass

ariane37, DLo, MeghanEmily and 2 others like this.
  5. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

Omg I love this shot!

Yay! So excited you're doing this.

:rotfl: There are SO many times this applies to my PP pictures, too :laughing:

Raeven likes this.
  6. kittylady1972

kittylady1972 Disneyholic

Your trip is so close...as it ours! :) Cannot wait!

You've got some great plans and great food options. We're doing a bit of winging it in terms of meals, except of course for the CP Dinner.

The tree looks great! I have no idea when we'll get ours up! :)

Raeven likes this.
  7. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

so cute! Love your tree! I haven't put ours up yet but I dont' think we are going to this year. We've just been so busy!

Haha love this!

Sounds like a fun time! I can't believe you have not been on Soarin'! If you can take Flight of Passage, you can take Soarin' very easily.

I really like the BaTB show much better than Frozen where everyone is just lip syncing for the most part.

Yay!!!

Raeven likes this.
  8. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Ooh, I'm excited to see this as soon as I get through exams!

For some reason, I love this!

Awesome!!

:laughing:

Yay! I hope you like it! If I can do it, you definitely can.

Yum. Good choice.

SNOAP!

I love these fireworks/parade also!!

:hyper:

This sounds amazing...

This is such a relevant hashtag...

Raeven likes this.
  9. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Thank you! I tried to get some good shots of the ornaments.

Me too! Especially because we had to leave the party early last year.

It’s the worldwide hashtag I’ve been trying to start for whenever Photopass takes an unflattering photo of you :rotfl:

Yes! :cheer2:

:thumbsup2

Thank you! I wanted to put it up much earlier we just haven’t had much time.

Thank you! We were too busy to put it up earlier like I wanted too but I’m sure we’ll end up being too busy to take it down until sometime in Jan too :laughing:

I always meant to but the first trip I was nervous, then the second one I was sick on our Epcot day and we did 0 rides. Then I had either Fped TT or FEA because it was new. Last Dec we meant to get there earlier and ride but then we ended up getting to the park late and the wait was already so long! :rotfl:Usually we don’t do 2 days of Epcot Fps because we hop to MK and use them there or something. So it’s about time!

We’ve mostly missed it in the past due to timing. We’ve meant to see it every trip :laughing: I only planned to do the Frozen show again for the new songs and because there aren’t many rides I go on at HS.

:jumping1:

I really love it too! It’s from when I was a kid, and it’s just so cute.

It’s like the Christmas version of a mirror selfie :laughing:

Haha I hope so too every time we’ve gone to the park with the intention of riding it something’s come up so we never get to it!

Yes! :thumbsup2 Dluxe Burger is so good!

:lovestruc I’m glad they have snoap in more places this year, it’s just so much better than real snow.

Yes I’m so excited!

It does I can’t wait to try it!

Always! Photopass takes some of the strangest pictures.

Tracy161 and MeghanEmily like this.
  10. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

I love this! And all of your pictures! We're going to decorate our tree tonight... or at least start... Zack's family always does real trees, like go to the tree farm and cut it down yourself. The last few years they haven't been able to find a place because so many have shut down now, but this year they did and we ended up with the biggest tree EVER. I'll have to post a picture of it. I can't wait to move out and get my ornaments out for next Christmas :) My grandma bought me one each year, and when I got a little older I got to help pick them out. There's lots of animals and Disney characters :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

And I think Soarin' is one of my favorites. I took my grandpa on it in September :)

Me too!
    I'm so glad you put this, because now we will be going to DHS! Zack has that Monday off for our trip, but last night he thought he could use a personal day for Friday, but if not he'd just move his day off from Monday to Friday. But his personal day was approved so now we just get to add a day to the trip! :hyper:
    Yay I get to see this now!! Also I'm worried about this happening at MVMCP... since all the snacks are cookies, I'm worried we might want something salty or real food after the party...
    :bounce: The best mistake I've ever made!
    I think that too. I think it's because they're too realistic but obviously photoshopped, vs when they add in Disney characters, etc.
    I have never taken a good sassy photo in my life, I'm pretty sure.
    Our trip has changed, I need to update you! :)

Raeven and chunkymonkey like this.
  11. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake DIS Veteran

We saw it too last night. I thought the Frozen short was cute, but probably too long for being in front of another movie! But loved Coco! I was bawling crying at the end!

Raeven likes this.
  12. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

I know it's been said but I can't believe you've never been on Soarin'! I think you'll love it, the movie is so beautiful. Just ignore the fact that the top of the Eiffel Tower is bent :laughing:

Raeven likes this.
  13. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Thank you! I hope you got to decorate your tree!

:thumbsup2:santa:

Yay HS is always my favorite around Christmastime!

They have a bit of a variety this year including a hot pretzel at one of the stations. I think we'll be pretty full...but Josh can't eat most the snacks so there's a chance he could be hungry.

Definitely!

Yes that's it!

I don't think I have either but those PP photographers love to try :rotfl:

Probably, if I didn't know about it, it would've been a bit of a shock, but knowing about it already I didn't mind. Me too!

It just never ended up happening and we never FPed it. Josh rode it on our first trip though before it was around the world.

ariane37 likes this.
  14. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

Pretzels for dinner, I'm set!

If only more of my mistakes resulted in more Disney time and Dismeets...
    Yes! Sometimes I'm like, please just take a picture of us smiling in front of whatever it is we're in front of... I'm good with that. You don't want to see me make animal faces. And I love the magic shots where you get to hold characters, but I think my surprised/excited face needs work.

15. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Yes! :thumbsup2

I know...I wish that were the case :scratchin

Exactly! They try to make you do strange poses which I guess are supposed to be fun, but then they don't even get the thing your in front of in the picture! And it's just awkward sometimes. I have a few pictures where the PP photographers kept telling me to do a monster face because of my Monsters Inc shirt and they're all terribly awkward because no one else is doing it.

amalone1013 likes this.
  16. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Christmas Trip-1 day, 11 hours!

It's almost time!!!

[​IMG]

Just one more day at work to get through...

[​IMG]
    (Me at work tomorrow)

After work I have to go get my bangs trimmed (I know you have yet to see any photos of them, and I haven't taken any because I think she left them a bit too long but I was waiting till right before the trip to trim them). Then we're trying a new restaurant called the Cuckoo's Nest. We leave for the airport at around 11:30 am on Friday. It's going to be chilly in Florida when we're there :cold: which is so strange, but I think we have enough warm clothes packed.

So here's a final itinerary summary:

12/8-Arrive at around 5 pm, check into Pop Century
    Plans: Shopping in DS
    ADR: Homecomin-9:05 pm

12/9-Epcot-Move over to CSR
    ADRs: Ale and Compass CP package-10 am, Chefs De France-7:10 pm
    FPs: Test Track, Nemo, Character Spot
    Plans: Explore Boardwalk Resorts, eat at food booths,
    CP narrated by Kurt Russell at 5 pm
    Night show: Illuminations-9:30 pm

12/10-AK
    ADRs: Boma-8:25 am (Not sure if I'm keeping this),
    Yak and Yeti-1:30 pm, Sanaa-9 pm
    FPs: Safari, EE, NRJ

12/11-DS/MK
    ADRs: Ale and Compass-11:30 am, Skippers Canteen-5:20 pm
    FPs: Haunted Mansion, 7DMT, Jingle Cruise
    Other Plans: Explore MK resorts
    Night show: HEA-9 pm

12/12-Epcot/DS/MVMCP
    ADRs: Le Cellier-11 am, Dluxe Burger for dinner
    FPs: Soarin, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth
    Night show: Christmas Wishes-10 pm

Also I need to get this at MVMCP:

[​IMG]

12/13-HS/DS
    ADRs: Sci fi-11:05 am, JBJB Dessert Party-6:30 pm, Raglan Road-9:45 pm
    FPs: TSMM, ToT, Frozen Sing Along
    Night show: Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam-8 pm

12/14-12/16-At Universal
    But coming back on the 14th for Shulas at 8:45 pm,
    and then a dismeet with @chunkymonkey and @amalone1013
    at Phins afterwards!

And Josh bought me a Reptar bar the other day:

[​IMG]
    Note what it says in the upper right hand corner.

Inside view:

[​IMG]

As someone who watched Rugrats nonstop as a kid this was cool, but a candy bar filled with frosting is pretty gross in my opinon.

The most important thing:

[​IMG]

Josh liked the instructions, but I didn't get a super clear picture of them:

[​IMG]

And finally because I didn't want to leave everyone vlogless for 2-3 weeks here's a longer look at the time we did the Men In Black Immigration Floor Tour at Universal Studios. It's a really cool free behind the scenes tour you can do on days it isn't busy. I love Men In Black so I really enjoyed this! I know I put parts of it in my first day vlog from our May trip, but there's a bit more to this one. And I'll have lots of footage when we come back!

17. Tracy161

Tracy161 DIS Veteran

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1:

Your plans look great! Hoping work goes fast for you today and that you're on your way in no time! Have a wonderful time!!! Cannot wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

Raeven likes this.
  18. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh YAY!! Have an awesome trip!!

Ew. But always better than being chilly at home!

Interested to hear what you think of this...

Oh. My. Gosh!

So cute!!

YAY for Dismeets with awesome friends!

This looks kinda yucky...

But it does the job, obviously!!

Bahah I hope you roared like Reptar... :)

Raeven likes this.
  19. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Love that MVMCP shirt :love:
    I hope you guys have another wonderful trip!

Raeven likes this.
  20. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful trip!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Raeven likes this.
  21. Neverland_Girl

Neverland_Girl Mouseketeer

AHHHH I keep seeing people with these and I need one! Rugrats was my whole childhood. We used to watch the Slots Vegas episode on VHS over and over again when we would drive to Disney in a super old TV so I kind of relate Rugrats with Disney World.

Your plans look awesome too! Have a great trip!

Raeven likes this.