Turquoise Magic Band

Izzy4672

Earning My Ears
Hi we are staying onsite and get free basic magic bands. My daughter wants the solid turquoise one, but that band doesn’t come up as an option on mydisney experience. It does show up in the Disney store. We live in Canada so I think the bands won’t ship to us anyway. So was considering just waiting until we get to the Disney hotel. Will they have the turquoise one at the hotel? Or is there another way to get the turquoise band?

Will they have the turquoise one at the hotel? Or is there another way to get the turquoise band?
Your hotel will have a limited selection only of the regular solid colour bands at the front desk. Mostly gray available but may have a few other basic colours that were rejected by other guests. They won't have turquoise as it is an extra cost for purchase band. Your best most practical bet, since you are also in Canada and WDW won't ship, is to see if your daughter will select a back up second fav colour now so it can be waiting for her at the hotel with your band and then purchase the turquoise colour either in your hotel gift shop (if they carry it) or in a park shop when you see it. Perhaps other posters, particularly Canadians, UK, Australians & NZ will have better information for you.

I'm in UK.
What happens with the free bands is, you can choose one from the ones on MDE (you can either choose a free one, or one of the upgrade ones they have, which incur a cost) If it is not shown on MDE then it is not available as one you can get on arrival.
Which means that, if you choose one of those, they will be waiting for you when you check in to your hotel. They don't ship them.
If you don't choose one, then, almost invariably, you get the grey one when you check in. No other option is guaranteed, even from the free ones listed on MDE if you don't specify in advance.
You can then buy different ones in WDW and have them linked to your account, when you can choose whatever is available wherever you are, at additional cost.

I thought they were introducing 2 new free colors available at end of November.
I think a different grey tone and a mint green ...
Is this what you are asking about because I am hoping for these colors to become available also.
Has anybody made the new selection yet?

I thought they were introducing 2 new free colors available at end of November.
I think a different grey tone and a mint green ...
Is this what you are asking about because I am hoping for these colors to become available also.
Has anybody made the new selection yet?

Those 2 colors are not part of the free selections. They were introduced as ones you can purchase.

Thank you everyone for replying. I thought all the solid colours were free, whoops. I will get her to pick a different colour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter