Tusker House + Boma, same day? Too similar?

pooh-san

Earning My Ears
Been to Boma many times, LOVE it. Never been to Tusker House, but it seems to be kinda ... Boma-ish? Would the two restaurants be too similar to really enjoy on the same day (Tusker House lunch / Boma dinner)?

We're doing Animal Kingdom on Christmas Day, will be opening presents and doing the whole Christmas thing in the morning. Latest breakfast is 10:15am @ Tusker House ... it's a possibility, but we were planning to skip breakfast or just grab snacks at the hotel. Either way, still need a place for lunch.

I wouldn't do lunch and dinner. A late breakfast would be fine. I've done Boma breakfast and dinner the same day, no regrets :)

Both of them are among my favorite restaurants, but I don't recommend doing both in one day, not even with Tusker House breakfast and Boma dinner. Not so much because the food is similar (although it is somewhat), but mainly because that's way too much food in one day. The time I did this, we got to dinner and weren't even hungry. So I regretted doing both the same day.

I'd pick either one for that day, and for the other meal choose something smaller and lighter, maybe fast food. Next trip I plan to pair Tusker House breakfast with Satuli Canteen dinner (and you could do this the other way around, Satuli Canteen lunch and Tusker House dinner). If you do Tusker House on your AK day, you could visit Boma for breakfast or dinner some other day even if you aren't going to Animal Kingdom on a second day.

For me two buffetts is too much on any day. Animal Kingdom has great QS. ( harmebee ?sp? Markets )and the new one in Pandora has great reviews. I'd try those. AK also has standard places for pizza , burgers etc. though nothing wrong with having a day with two great buffets. Foods are somewhat similiar but great and a lot of choices. I can't cover all items in one visit anyways

Been to Boma many times, LOVE it. Never been to Tusker House, but it seems to be kinda ... Boma-ish? Would the two restaurants be too similar to really enjoy on the same day (Tusker House lunch / Boma dinner)?
Boma is about food, Tusker House is about Characters & convenience.

Unless they've added Characters to Boma, the meals are entirely different.

If you mean that both meals include the countless combinations of curry served with the diversity of a buffet, then OK, they're similar.

For my family, Boma is not worth the special journey (using Disney transportation) for either dinner or breakfast - particularly if we had enjoyed a Character meal at Tusker House that gives River of Lights tickets. Sanaa, with a daylight view of the Savannah, is worth the journey. We can get reasonable curry-food where we live.

But when we stayed at AKLodge, Boma for breakfast was a 'standout' meal for us, and Tusker House would be the place we might eat (that also happened to use curry in their seasonings) to get River of Lights tickets & pictures with some Characters.

But Boma could be a destination for breakfast if someone really wants something that is 'different' and/or that is marginally-better for food than Tusker House when comparing the two. Also, AKLodge is Disney's best themed resort and worth a journey, particularly if you have a no-Park day (that avoids shopping in Disney Springs).

Why don't you do Tusker House breakfast and Boma for dinner...And I really like both of them

If you need to schedule them both on the same day, this is what I would suggest, too. The breakfast hash is so good!
Boma is our very favorite and Tusker House is a close 2nd because they are so similar with fewer offerings but AWESOME character interactions

I agree, I wouldnt do Tusker & Boma on the same day either. If you cant do Tusker breakfast, then i'd just skip it. I wouldnt do Tusker lunch and Boma dinner.

I agree, I wouldnt do Tusker & Boma on the same day either. If you cant do Tusker breakfast, then i'd just skip it. I wouldnt do Tusker lunch and Boma dinner.

Neither would I. I woudl schedule TH if I wanted breakfast or lunch in the park, and then dinner at Sanaa if we were staying at AKL or Kidani village. I would not make a special trip to AKL for Boma, or anywhere else for that matter, On CHristmas Day. I would book a meal in the park I was visiting, and dinner at my resort or within easy reach of my resort after the park time.

On Christmas day I would make sure I had meals booked though, and booked to be as conveniently located to coincide with my plans. CS anywhere may be a long wait, and travel complicated and lengthy no matter what method you choose.

Another vote for not doing them on the same day. We've only done breakfast at both, but the similarities food wise were pretty striking. I wouldn't do both and with all the amazing options at both AKL and AK you have a lot more to pick from

For me two buffetts is too much on any day. Animal Kingdom has great QS. ( harmebee ?sp? Markets )and the new one in Pandora has great reviews. I'd try those. AK also has standard places for pizza , burgers etc. though nothing wrong with having a day with two great buffets. Foods are somewhat similiar but great and a lot of choices. I can't cover all items in one visit anyways
Agree--two buffets in one day would be overkill and AK has great QS options.

Love both but 2 buffets/same day is no go for me. The past couple of dinners at Boma vs. the past couple of lunches at TH, the edge on food quality went to TH. I would never have believed that, but that was the case for us.

I would not do both on the same day unless it was TH breakfast and Boma dinner. I would do Rainforest Cafe for lunch instead only if you are not doing the ROL package through TH.

I wouldn't do 2 buffets in one day. Tusker and Boma have similar foods although I think Tusker is slightly more Americanized - at least for breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter